ADVERTISEMENT

Today sucked but 8 wins is still possible and a good step

Red_Symptoms

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 30, 2016
I'm not making any excuses for today. We lost a game to a team we should have beat. Period.

Big picture, I think things are fixable. I have confidence Frost is going to make some play calling adjustments and Martinez will figure it out. Noa is nowhere near what Morgan Jr was for us and you can tell the downfield passing isn't the same.

Defensively, even though the 2nd half wasn't good today it still seems like a better unit than last year.

3-1 going into OSU is still better than last year. That should be our short term goal.

I'm not giving up on these coaches and team yet.

Figure out how to run. Run AMart more. Sustain drives to get ready for conference play. I hate the offense I see out there for 2/3 of the game

I'm not making any excuses for today. We lost a game to a team we should have beat. Period.

Big picture, I think things are fixable. I have confidence Frost is going to make some play calling adjustments and Martinez will figure it out. Noa is nowhere near what Morgan Jr was for us and you can tell the downfield passing isn't the same.

Defensively, even though the 2nd half wasn't good today it still seems like a better unit than last year.

3-1 going into OSU is still better than last year. That should be our short term goal.

I don’t see 8 wins on the schedule but kudos to you for hanging in there.

At this point. This staff/team will be lucky to make a bowl game.

Not giving up either. Also, am not going to assume a win against NIU or Illinois, way this team has been playing a split is more likely than 2-0

While 8 wins is still technically possible, does anyone still really believe we'll finish with 6+ wins? I don't see it.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
While 8 wins is still technically possible, does anyone still really believe we'll finish with 6+ wins? I don't see it.

Based on what we've seen no. But, my whole premise is that the coaches can fix things. If the rest of the season is more of the same then 8 wins is unlikely.

I just don’t think so. I had us (optimistically) going 8-4 before the year started. This game was a must win to get there.

I honestly think that 5-7 is how we finish now. Even with our incredibly weak schedule.

I’ll take 6-6 & making a bowl now.

CU is NOT a good team.

Nebraska is not going to win 8 games this year. Just stop it. NU has a good chance to beat Northern Illinois next week. They'll have a fair chance to beat Illinois and Indiana. Beyond that, who else? Maybe they'll rise up and surprise one week, but this season is going to be another long one.

Nebraska is not going to win 8 games this year. Just stop it. NU has a good chance to beat Northern Illinois next week. They'll have a fair chance to beat Illinois and Indiana. Beyond that, who else? Maybe they'll rise up and surprise one week, but this season is going to be another long one.

Illinois will be a battle and I'd give Indiana a slight edge of we played them next week. Still time for that to change though.

Illinois will be a battle and I'd give Indiana a slight edge of we played them next week. Still time for that to change though.

Watching other B1G teams the first two weeks and watching Nebraska the past two weeks is frightening. NU is not even close to being ready to contend for the West. Geezus...can we even get to 4 wins? This is bad.

Reactions: SC_'sker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT