ADVERTISEMENT

TO Blessing Mickey

Six years with Bo that always had 9 or 10 wins.
I had no problem with Bo's W/L record. I did have a problem with him acting the way he did. I know a little more than some about how he treated support staff. He didn't just lose his mind on the sideline. Tom averted some very serious charges against Carl and at least one very embarrassing lawsuit against Bo and the University for the way they treated University employees. Bo had no business being the face of NU and the state. EVEN TOM has admitted publicly that he made a mistake in hiring Bo. Frank warned him and he ignored Frank's advice.

Honestly, it's my belief IF Bo was at the point he's at now in his life and he had another shot at a program like NU, he would be more successful. I think he would understand the mistakes he made and probably be a little more even keeled than he was. The sad part is that he's burned too many bridges and had such a crappy run at YSU that no AD wants to touch him. Put him at a place like South Florida and he would probably win a lot of games as long as they kept Carl away from his program.

Last edited:
Pelini should have been allowed to fail on the field. Same with Solich. Instead we had ADs who divined that failure for them was right around the corner, so they had to be cashiered.

I had no problem with Bo's W/L record. I did have a problem with him acting the way he did. I know a little more than some about how he treated support staff. He didn't just lose his mind on the sideline. Tom averted some very serious charges against Carl and at least one very embarrassing lawsuit against Bo and the University for the way they treated University employees. Bo had no business being the face of NU and the state. EVEN TOM has admitted publicly that he made a mistake in hiring Bo. Frank warned him and he ignored Frank's advice.

Honestly, it's my belief IF Bo was at the point he's at now in his life and he had another shot at a program like NU, he would be more successful. I think he would understand the mistakes he made and probably be a little more even keeled than he was. The sad part is that he's burned too many bridges and had such a crappy run at YSU that no AD wants to touch him. Put him at a place like South Florida and he would probably win a lot of games as long as they kept Carl away from his program.

Well my good friend I think this is our first disagreement. But so what? I have nothing but full respect for dinglefritz! I really mean that.

But for me winning games is a far, far better result of the HC than being quite PC, kind and so on but loses games all over the place like Clownahan, Riley & Frost.

Being the old geezer that I am (then living in Lincoln) I reminder quite well how lots fans in Lincoln thought Devaney was rude & horribly disgusting. But then he starts winning national titles and they then shut the f*ck up immediately.

Haha, anyways, just my mindless opinion sir. The very best to you dinglefritz!!!

Reactions: dinglefritz
Whats there to disagree with? That solich doesnt deserve any credit for crouch?

It makes no sense. Its basically saying “we cant count the good things he did when evaluating him.”
Crouch needed to be recruited to Nebraska? More like was begging. We probably could have got him to walk on. 😄

Bo and Bo alone was responsible for him not continuing as head coach at Neb. That is the truth and anyone who says otherwise is not aware of all the problems there were behind the scenes. Let's please stop acting like firing Bo was such a big mistake.

Well my good friend I think this is our first disagreement. But so what? I have nothing but full respect for dinglefritz! I really mean that.

But for me winning games is a far, far better result of the HC than being quite PC, kind and so on but loses games all over the place like Clownahan, Riley & Frost.

Being the old geezer that I am (then living in Lincoln) I reminder quite well how lots fans in Lincoln thought Devaney was rude & horribly disgusting. But then he starts winning national titles and they then shut the f*ck up immediately.

Haha, anyways, just my mindless opinion sir. The very best to you dinglefritz!!!
I had a family member who did professional work for the team and multiple coaches from Tom through Riley. I was privy to some of the things that went on that the public never heard about. Bo needed to go. He was out of control. That said, man I would love it if he could resurrect his coaching career. I have no doubt that he’s matured and is in a better place mentally than he was in Lincoln.

I had a family member who did professional work for the team and multiple coaches from Tom through Riley. I was privy to some of the things that went on that the public never heard about. Bo needed to go. He was out of control. That said, man I would love it if he could resurrect his coaching career. I have no doubt that he’s matured and is in a better place mentally than he was in Lincoln.

I'm sure that would be the cat's meow my friend! Oh boy, we so badly need a damn good HC. We'll hope for the best!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT