ADVERTISEMENT

To be the best.....

Eh, right now we are the best. Reality is revealed when the clock hits zero at the end of each game. I was hoping to play tOSU first. I get your point, but we don't know how this teams chemistry can overcome what it looks like on paper yet. I consider that being realistic. Glad to be having this discussion again

By all accounts from many on this board, year three is supposed to be the turn around year.

We will see I guess.

Well we aren’t just going to roll over, but if a team is constantly dealing with a brutal schedule, it’s very difficult to gain any momentum and build a team. It’s not like we are looking for the easiest schedule, maybe something a little more symmetric though.

There’s one thing, we are no where near the best yet. We are still in the middle of a rebuild. That saying holds true when you are team winning 9-11 games per season and you are pushing hard for a playoff run. Unfortunately we aren’t doing that this year, never was no matter how badly we’d like to.
There's a huge difference between 9 and 11 wins. We've had some good pieces come in and in a normal year our goal should be at least 9 wins. I don't think it's too much to ask to expect a winning season this year.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
Hopefully playing Ohio State the first game of the year is actually a positive thing. It should get our guys dialed in throughout fall camp to start the year. I felt like our guys were very sluggish to start the year the last couple years and that shouldn't be the case this year.

There's a huge difference between 9 and 11 wins. We've had some good pieces come in and in a normal year our goal should be at least 9 wins. I don't think it's too much to ask to expect a winning season this year.

agreed and I think we will/should have a solid team. But we aren’t at the level of a Top 10 team (and definitely not a playoff team just yet) and that’s what I meant.

I have no bones playing OSU, PSU and those guys. But getting schedules like we did today, playing the teams when we do and all that jazz, that’s just ridiculous. And it’s ridiculous because we don’t see teams like Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and teams like that get shafted like we always seem to do. If so, I know I wouldn’t say a word.
Then to make things worse, refs call us for every little thing while ignoring our opponents penalties.

Last edited:
Reactions: arf_man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT