ADVERTISEMENT

To be clear, Wisconsin is cleared to play by BIG rule

It’s a forfeiture in every sense
I’m all for ANYBODY except Wisconsin representing the West Division this year
Why not Nebraska?
I used to consider them the class of the West
They showed their true colors today
What a poor example to set for their student athletes! Shameful.

It’s a forfeiture in every sense
I’m all for ANYBODY except Wisconsin representing the West Division this year
Why not Nebraska?
I considered them the class of the West
They showed their true colors today
What a poor example to set for their student athletes! Shameful.
B10 ADs agreed individual schools can decide to not play on their own. it was unanimous
it was also agreed to call those no contests
the neb AD agreed to all this

• Angry
Reactions: BleedRed78
Last year we played games without a serviceable kicker due to multiple injuries at that position.

We played games with multiple QB's injured and unavailable.

We played with Wandale Robinson at freaking RB because of multiple guys out at RB.

Showed up to those games and took our beatings.

Can you imagine the raging vagani-itis infection required to say:

"Sorry, Wisconsin. We have too many guys out this week. We are just not gonna play. But we don't want the loss. Just want to rest up and get healthy for next week. See ya next year!"

B10 ADs agreed individual schools can decide to not play on their own. it was unanimous
that is straight stupid on all accounts. Strict rules are one thing but sanctioned ducking is another.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bigred_b1624

Correct. All you really had to say was "OP is correct".

As the stated, they're not barred from playing by the league. They're choosing not to participate.

For whatever reason.

Also unanimous was 21 days out for players testing positive.

Not 21 days out for players testing positive with the exception of Wisconsin players.

Last edited:
So Wisconsin can pick and choose the rules set forth by the BIG
Thanks for confirming what we already know Captain
Below from CBS Sports:
The Wisconsin-Nebraska game previously scheduled for Saturday is the first in the Big Ten to be declared a no contest due to a COVID-19 outbreak. It will not be made up or forfeited despite Wisconsin making the call on its own to cancel without consideration for the Big Ten's automatic thresholds.

Karma would have two future Wisconsin opponents this season "opt out" of the game due to real or imagined reasons, thus DQ'ing them from the CCG.

What will happen is Nebraska will do very well and be a lock for the CCG then BAM 2 of our last games will get canceled and we wont qualify.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
This isnt true is it?. Its not a definitive number it is a percentage of players / positive test in the program from what Ive read.

It is 7.5% of the entire group tested. 170 is the max you can test, so it would take 13 positives to get over 7.5%, if you tested the max.

Also, I believe that is the entire test pool, not just players, so their positive coaches would probably count too.

So Wisconsin can pick and choose the rules set forth by the BIG
Thanks for confirming what we already know Captain
Below from CBS Sports:
The Wisconsin-Nebraska game previously scheduled for Saturday is the first in the Big Ten to be declared a no contest due to a COVID-19 outbreak. It will not be made up or forfeited despite Wisconsin making the call on its own to cancel without consideration for the Big Ten's automatic thresholds.
the league ADs including neb AD agreed that individual schools could make their own decisions on cancelling due to covid. they agreed to this before the season started. neb can cancel a game if they have any size of outbreak as well

not according to the all the ADs in the B10. they all agreed unanimously to let individual schools make their own call and the recommendations were just guidelines not rules
Are you gonna say this same thing in every response? Not necessary...

Reactions: dinglefritz
Because Barry is the George Clooney of his generation. Swauve...he has the ladies (and some guys) begging.
My head hurts after reading this...

What kind of shampoo do you use? Is it Suave? Or Swauve?

you, sir, are as swauve as they come. Idiot.

My head hurts after reading this...

What kind of shampoo do you use? Is it Suave? Or Swauve?

you, sir, are as swauve as they come. Idiot.
Sorry man. I was an English major too. Weird. This self correct shit is all the rage. What do you use? Are you a Charlie kind of guy perfume wise? Shampoo? Hmmm. I use what’s in the shower. Sometimes it’s a light color. Sometimes not. As far as smokes...I’m a Backwoods kind of guy. Natural shit. You?

the league ADs including neb AD agreed that individual schools could make their own decisions on cancelling due to covid. they agreed to this before the season started. neb can cancel a game if they have any size of outbreak as well
Thank you for the timeline.
Ok, just so you understand how agreements work, agreements and guidelines and protocols only work if their members, Wisconsin and all other BIG members follow and adhere to said agreements, guidelines, and protocols
And in such cases, when new language including protocols are added to the original agreements which you’re referencing
A member must adhere to these. Wisconsin isn’t, by their own choice. It is a forfeit
Members can’t pick and choose which agreements and protocols suit them from week to week. Unless you’re Wisconsin

Sorry man. I was an English major too. Weird. This self correct shit is all the rage. What do you use? Are you a Charlie kind of guy perfume wise? Shampoo? Hmmm. I use what’s in the shower. Sometimes it’s a light color. Sometimes not. As far as smokes...I’m a Backwoods kind of guy. Natural shit. You?
Well played... I may have judged you too quickly. My bad.

I just use generic stuff. Nothing fancy for me.

They agreed because they assumed no team would cancel unless forced to cancel by the league.

Reactions: dinglefritz

2618672-center-2

QQ - do the BS targeting penalties carry over or are they burned off with this BS “no contest” game?
As of last night, the suspensions carry over to the next contest. Whenever it is.

Hopefully NW doesn't get a key player injured and back out of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT