ADVERTISEMENT

Titans - Patriots

That last drive, Mike Vrabel did exactly what his mentor taught him and took full advantage of the existing NFL rules. He wasted as much time as the rules would allow before punting it. New England even helped him out by jumping offsides. Belicek looked pretty angry. He himself did this exact strategy earlier this season and was caught laughing on the sideline. Tennessee stopped them after punting. If they can run some more clock, that strategy worked brilliantly.

Reactions: Can o' corn
That last drive, Mike Vrabel did exactly what his mentor taught him and took full advantage of the existing NFL rules. He wasted as much time as the rules would allow before punting it. New England even helped him out by jumping offsides. Belicek looked pretty angry. He himself did this exact strategy earlier this season and was caught laughing on the sideline. Tennessee stopped them after punting. If they can run some more clock, that strategy worked brilliantly.
The student has become the teacher.

Reactions: resdog851
Not the end of Brady. Too proud to go out like this and he was already on record as wanting to play a few more years. Doubt the Patriots are ready to let go either. They traded a 2nd for Sanu earlier this season which was very un-Patriots. They're already throwing bad money after good to keep taking swings.

As I've been telling people all year, the AFC South is the best division in football and the division of winners. About to be an AFC South showdown in the AFC title game. Go Texans!

RollingLaugh

Not the end of Brady. Too proud to go out like this and he was already on record as wanting to play a few more years. Doubt the Patriots are ready to let go either. They traded a 2nd for Sanu earlier this season which was very un-Patriots. They're already throwing bad money after good to keep taking swings.

Got a feeling Brady is going to hang on too long and go out like Namath or Muhammad Ali. A GOAT shouldn’t let that happen and tarnish his legacy. But pride is a powerful thing.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Got a feeling Brady is going to hang on too long and go out like Namath or Muhammad Ali. A GOAT shouldn’t let that happen and tarnish his legacy. But pride is a powerful thing.

Even if playing until 45 is the goal, that would mean three more seasons. We're already seeing early signs of decline now. Things could get Favresque before it's all said and done.

As I've been telling people all year, the AFC South is the best division in football and the division of winners. About to be an AFC South showdown in the AFC title game. Go Texans!

RollingLaugh
No offense but the NFL has to be scrambling to get people to watch that game. People hate dynasties but they watch them. The ratings say that people do not like parity because it creates a bunch of average teams...with luck determining the outcome.

Reactions: otismotis08
Brady need a check his ego and retire. His age is finally catching up with him, if he keeps playing till 45 it will only get worse
Did you watch the game yesterday? He was throwing some absolute ropes and his receivers were not getting any separation. That’s been the story for most of the year. He is also still plenty mobile in the pocket. Physically he is fine.

Last edited:
I don’t think Tom is retiring. He’s still NVot and has consistently claimed he wants to play till 45. But I’m not convinced he’ll be back in NE. This is the first time he has been a FA, and it was due to an extension he negotiated just this last offseason—he wanted the freedom and leverage to go elsewhere. Consider that with the fact that he and his trainer put their houses up for sale, and his trainer was once barred from the Pat’s facilities and now has limited access, and reported tension with Bill, it looks like Brady is ready to move on. Add to that both Brady and Bill seem to be the types who want to prove they can do it without the other. However, does Brady really want to learn a new offensive system? And what if Bob Kraft assures him they will get him the best receivers available?

I don’t think Tom is retiring. He’s still NVot and has consistently claimed he wants to play till 45. But I’m not convinced he’ll be back in NE. This is the first time he has been a FA, and it was due to an extension he negotiated just this last offseason—he wanted the freedom and leverage to go elsewhere. Consider that with the fact that he and his trainer put their houses up for sale, and his trainer was once barred from the Pat’s facilities and now has limited access, and reported tension with Bill, it looks like Brady is ready to move on. Add to that both Brady and Bill seem to be the types who want to prove they can do it without the other. However, does Brady really want to learn a new offensive system? And what if Bob Kraft assures him they will get him the best receivers available?

Why now? Why didn't he do this in 2018 or 2019?

It sure would be interesting to see him elsewhere, but where would it make any sense at this point?

No offense but the NFL has to be scrambling to get people to watch that game. People hate dynasties but they watch them. The ratings say that people do not like parity because it creates a bunch of average teams...with luck determining the outcome.
Why would any football fan that actually watches more than one game a year give two craps about "the ratings"? The NFL is fine so having a hard time working up any anxiety on that topic.

Why would any football fan that actually watches more than one game a year give two craps about "the ratings"? The NFL is fine so having a hard time working up any anxiety on that topic.
Despite those who for whatever reason try to drag the NFL down, it seems to be doing just fine.

Why now? Why didn't he do this in 2018 or 2019?

It sure would be interesting to see him elsewhere, but where would it make any sense at this point?

He just redid his contract this past offseason, stipulating that he not be franchised. Then put his house up for sale along with Guerrero (his trainer). There were all those reports last year that his relationship with Bill had soured but they were still winning. Also, he has a great relationship with Kraft. But it seems like he was already thinking of moving on last year, as Gronk was contemplating retirement, and now after being asked to carry the offense he may be ready to go elsewhere.

Destinations that have come up are Indy, the Chargers, and Dolphins. None of those seem that likely to me, maybe except LA. He could also go where Mcdaniels goes but most of the places he has interviews already have a young QB (CLE, Giants). Maybe Carolina?

Anyway, he was asked about retirement last night and said ‘not likely.’ I still think he ends up back in NE but will have to be given some assurances. I just can’t imagine someone as regimented and uncompromising as him attempting to learn a new offense for the first time in his career with completely new personnel.

Seriously, the NFL is doing just fine. Brady and Brees are being replaced by the likes of Mahomes and Jackson—way more exciting players IMO. I watched both games yesterday and despite being a Pats fan I thought the Buffalo/Houston game was way more exciting. Josh Allen and Watson were way more intriguing to me than watching Brady throw dump passes to James White.

And why won’t the Chiefs become a dynasty? (Not like the Pats, I don’t think I’ll ever live to see a 20 year dynasty again, but I see no reason the Chiefs can’t win 3/5 with Mahomes.)

Seriously, the NFL is doing just fine. Brady and Brees are being replaced by the likes of Mahomes and Jackson—way more exciting players IMO. I watched both games yesterday and despite being a Pats fan I thought the Buffalo/Houston game was way more exciting. Josh Allen and Watson were way more intriguing to me than watching Brady throw dump passes to James White.

And why won’t the Chiefs become a dynasty? (Not like the Pats, I don’t think I’ll ever live to see a 20 year dynasty again, but I see no reason the Chiefs can’t win 3/5 with Mahomes.)
Good points. I wonder if the style of play of Mahomes and Jackson will lend itself to an extended period of winning. The statue qb not only encourages teams to build around that player but it also allows them to stay healthy. Historically teams have used the dual threat as a stop gap...we have this explosive guy in the moment but we aren't going all in just in case they get smacked on a run or concussed for three straight weeks. We've already seen injuries in Houston, and Kansas City the last two years. I will admit those the four big guys in Seattle, Houston, KC, and Baltimore are fun to watch.

Reactions: CC_Lemming
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT