ADVERTISEMENT

Timetable

When Riley was fired, we knew exactly when the post-season sit down was happening. We don’t know that with Miles, and that has me concerned.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Have you lost your mind.. The cupboard is bare now and we have a guy that is 2 games above .500 with a one year extension.... Moos has had a whole year looking over and looking for a Head Coach I don’t see him retaining TM..
I agree Miles is not a long term solution. My point was, If the Hoiberg plan fell through there is no point in firing Miles and causing even more turmoil only to maybe settle for a rushed hire. We need the next coach to be as close to perfect as possible. No more settling for mid major, long shot, type of guys. Hoiberg was a big time hire. Who is a proven coach at the NCAA level. Anything else would be a slight disappointment at this point. Now if Moos had accounted for this scenario and has a close #2 option waiting and wiling, then yes go for it. I just don't want him fired with no back up plan in place and we end up settling on a coach just to fill the spot and have to do the same thing over again in a few years. If that is the case, then I don't see the point in firing Miles just yet.

When I asked the question a week ago about why everyone assumed this was a done deal, I was pointed to a tweet from this same guy who now says he has no idea what’s going on. At least he’s honest this time.

We were all confident because Lars was spot on about everything about the SF hiring, so everyone including myself thought this was great news that he is coming out with this hire.... I getting concerned about Moos now if his job may be on the line and Nebraska is contemplating getting a new AD..

We were all confident because Lars was spot on about everything about the SF hiring, so everyone including myself thought this was great news that he is coming out with this hire.... I getting concerned about Moos now if his job may be on the line and Nebraska is contemplating getting a new AD..
Understood. However, the guy tweeting “done deal” was obviously irresponsible no matter how connected he seems to be. Assuming he is an experienced sports reporter, he surely knows coaching hires frequently come apart as the details are worked out and/or cold feet occur. I see at least a post or two in this thread criticizing fans for jumping the gun. It seems to me they mostly just wrongly trusted as gospel the opinion of an outsider based on his Scott Frost info track record.

All the journalists connected to us seem to be pretty confident that Hoiberg will happen. Sipple posted within the hour that Hoiberg is probably happening Clouse has been positive about the situation too. We just need to have patience and let Moos do his job.

I would expect Moos to announce the firing by tomorrow and a hire by Friday or Saturday.

The firing part was an easy conclusion for me by Tuesday and I still feel good about the hiring today. Of course it may not happen but I still think it will. Just my 2 cents again.

The firing part was an easy conclusion for me by Tuesday and I still feel good about the hiring today. Of course it may not happen but I still think it will. Just my 2 cents again.

Could be announced this weekend, with press conference Tuesday

ADVERTISEMENT