ADVERTISEMENT

Time Travel: Which Husker Game Would You Want to Attend?

BleedNRed

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2004
I got the idea from BruceLeeHead's thread on which Husker game in 2015 would you like to attend. For me, this is a tough one. I'll list my top 5 in order of preference:
  1. 1996 Fiesta Bowl - Kicked Gator ass; Frazier on fire; Brook Berringer's last game; Lawrence Phillips 165 yards
  2. Game of the Century - Johnny Rodgers, Rich Glover, Jerry Tagge; one sportswriter wrote: "They can quit playing now, they have played the perfect game."
  3. 1923 or 1924 game against Notre Dame: Knute Rockne and the Four Horsemen; the only games that the Four Horsemen ever lost.
  4. 1978 game against Oklahoma: I was at this game and it was freakin' cold, but I would go again in a heartbeat just to watch John Ruud hit Kelly Phelps on the kick-off. The hit was in the north half of the field and I was in south stadium. The impact was so loud it even made me shudder. Billy Sims and Rick Berns battling it out.
  5. 1998 Orange Bowl: Our last Natty, Peyton Manning, Scott Frost, Tom Osborne's last game. The only downer was unfairly sharing the Natty with the Meat Chickens.
What say you?

Last edited:
Reactions: BolderHusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News