ADVERTISEMENT

Time to sit Martinez and

I forgot he started every game last year...also went toe to toe with Ohio State on their turf, same at Iowa (and nearly led a comeback at Wisconsin)...sure they were all losses but for a true freshman to come in on a team depleted of talent and do what he did (after an injury no less) is nothing short of remarkable...go cheer for a different team

Lost us the game with his gaffe fumble pass pitch on the goal line. Adrian has so many gaffes when he is panicking it's ridiculous

Lost us the game with his gaffe fumble pass pitch on the goal line. Adrian has so many gaffes when he is panicking it's ridiculous
This board is so ridiculous...2 seconds ago, you were all lauding him as a Heisman hopeful and the next great Husker QB...after a couple slow starts, he’s all the sudden a bum...thank goodness armchair qb/message board guy has no say in personnel decisions

This board is so ridiculous...2 seconds ago, you were all lauding him as a Heisman hopeful and the next great Husker QB...after a couple slow starts, he’s all the sudden a bum...thank goodness armchair qb/message board guy has no say in personnel decisions

I never said he was a heisman hopeful. I remember his mistakes last season

We will continue to see plenty of C2 & C3 until Martinez proves he can break big runs like he did last year. We are all kidding ourselves if you can’t see he’s not nearly as quick as last year. That’s what happens when you put on 15-20 pounds in the off season. Until he can be a credible running threat we will see plenty of zone coverage and likely struggle.

Reactions: BigredN
start the 2nd string QB who ever that is. He cannot do any worse than Martinez.

I don’t know if I agree with this 100% yet but something is different with Martinez this year. He seems a step slower, less elusive, indecisive, is not seeing wide open receivers, and not protecting the ball that well. Might not hurt to have two quarterbacks play much like Frazier/Berringer.

Sometimes players get complacent when they feel they don’t have competition. Not saying this is the case here. But competition is a good thing.

I wish AM could better see wide open receivers. There definitely were some, yesterday that he just didn't see, apparently.
One play stood out to prove your point. I think it was in the third quarter when the offense wasn't getting anything done. There was a play where Martinez did his dropback as Jack Stoll slanted across where the LB's previously were. He was wide open for almost ten yards streaking right in front of Martinez, and at the last second he forced it into Stoll. It fell incomplete because a LB got over to defend it and nearly pick it off. It is almost like Martinez is thinking WAY too much and can't see a TE running free right in front of him because he is looking all over the field for the big play. I hope he gets it fixed soon. He is playing way worse than he did as an inexperienced freshman.

start the 2nd string QB who ever that is. He cannot do any worse than Martinez.

We have 2 guys sitting on the bench getting free tuition to be a QB. I say play LM. So much of what we heard in the preseason was that there was no job uncertainty at the quarterback position. maybe that's the problem in the 2am doesn't feel any pressure about losing his job

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT