ADVERTISEMENT

Time to get the NU of old back. It ain’t gonna happen in the Big 10..ever

Jan 8, 2017
Read this article. Frost’s system would excel in the Big 12 day 1. Make the move, and I guarantee you NU will have that shot again to compete against the elite on the highest stage. Especially with Texas down a little still. It’s NU’s to take as the #2 in the Big 12 with OU and arguably could get to neck and neck under Frost.

Get the movement going in Lincoln and mark my words, it will happen. I can count on one hand the NU fans who truly care about B1G/institutional money over football success. The state needs football at the highest level again. Nebraskans are great people. We are the same mold with Kansas and Oklahoma. Read this here from your own booster:

https://omaha.com/sports/college/hu...cle_ef5bd995-3b11-5967-8e32-6d6cff4a1cab.html

And I could care less about the “we need NU back for KState to avoid the G5”. That is 0% on my mind. What’s on my mind is two things:

1) I respect NU and always have. Grew up rooting on OU and NU in the 80’s / 90’s which was funner than hell. If you give it a shot, we can mold this thing back. I want what’s best for NU and the Big 12 both.
2) it’s sad for me as an outsider to see what’s happening in Lincoln and the great state of Nebraska. Change has to happen now. Now is the time to strike and it couldn’t be more clear. This is the only way NU has a shot at top 10-20 status again.

the money back in the Big 12 will end up almost or equaling Big 10 as TV deal will expand for Big 12 naturally. We will add an Arky or the Arizona schools. Likely kick WVU to the ACC and the B1G takes up Pitt or Syracuse.

Reactions: NUinnwks
the old Nebraska was based on the run....they say due to speed and other teams using strength and conditioning
that Nebraska's old system can't work....I never been sold on this, but if passing is gonna work I think frost system is our best chance.

I know I’m in the minority on this, but I agree with the OP 100%. From a football standpoint, the Big 12 is so much better for us. The style of play, geography, traditional rivals. Plus we had a huge recruiting presence in that footprint. The recruiting hotbeds in the B1G are Ohio and Pennsylvania and we are nonexistent there. Not to mention being the red headed stepchild constantly screwed over by the conference, which I don’t see going away anytime soon. Just look at the reaction to Nebraska having the nerve to....gasp...want to play football.

Read this article. Frost’s system would excel in the Big 12 day 1. Make the move, and I guarantee you NU will have that shot again to compete against the elite on the highest stage. Especially with Texas down a little still. It’s NU’s to take as the #2 in the Big 12 with OU and arguably could get to neck and neck under Frost.

Get the movement going in Lincoln and mark my words, it will happen. I can count on one hand the NU fans who truly care about B1G/institutional money over football success. The state needs football at the highest level again. Nebraskans are great people. We are the same mold with Kansas and Oklahoma. Read this here from your own booster:

https://omaha.com/sports/college/hu...cle_ef5bd995-3b11-5967-8e32-6d6cff4a1cab.html

I’m with you. The Big 10 turned out to be a big turd for Nebraska. We are just not a good fit. Having said that, I don’t think it will happen.

4bnhc0.gif

Reactions: TylerGoLong
I've often said when I buy my next canoe I'll christen it with the name of "Douche" and then troll random football boards from the middle of a pond under a K-State moniker. Congrats to the OP for living the dream.

I've often said when I buy my next canoe I'll christen it with the name of "Douche" and then troll random football boards from the middle of a pond under a K-State moniker. Congrats to the OP for living the dream.

whatever dude. Think I hate NU? Not at all. I rooted for your teams in the 90’s like my own team. And if KState wasn’t in the XII CCG, I’d root for NU in the CCG and their bowl games. wanted u guys to do well in B1G just in general. It ain’t working tho and it’s so far from working it’s comical. If I was an NU fan I’d be camping on my AD’s and regent’s steps right now until they made the move out of the snowflake league.

And I’m hardly “trolling” you for the move, so far from it it’s not even funny. It’s what’s best for NU and XII both. It’s the most clear picture in college sports of recent times as far as alignment is concerned.

Reactions: K_Y_E
whatever dude. Think I hate NU? Not at all. I rooted for your teams in the 90’s like my own team. And if KState wasn’t in the XII CCG, I’d root for NU in the CCG and their bowl games. wanted u guys to do well in B1G just in general. It ain’t working tho and it’s so far from working it’s comical. If I was an NU fan I’d be camping on my AD’s and regent’s steps right now until they made the move out of the snowflake league.

And I’m hardly “trolling” you for the move, so far from it it’s not even funny. It’s what’s best for NU and XII both. It’s the most clear picture in college sports of recent times as far as alignment is concerned.
I don't really care about your feelings for NU. Your thoughts are simple and your intentions are transparent which is why I felt the need to congratulate you on all of your success despite the steep odds you've faced during your lifetime.

Have a blessed day.

I don't really care about your feelings for NU. Your thoughts are simple and your intentions are transparent which is why I felt the need to congratulate you on all of your success despite the steep odds you've faced during your lifetime.

Have a blessed day.

Geez bud. Have a good one. A-hole

Actually I agree with you and your points are well taken. I think the academic institutional ties and benefits of Big 10 affiliation are more of a factor than the sports issues. To me now though the creeping disease is institutional disparity of vision sports wise among these far flung Big 10 institutions. That is what we have just seen in regards to the Big 10 presidents reported 8-6 vote not to play fall sports. I say this with full confidence, it these 8 weak willed Big 10 Universities pull this again it won’t be just NU looking for a new conference affiliation, but the sports powers of the Eastern division will be at the front as well in changing the league to rid themselves of the dead weight. If THAT occurs, then NU rejoining with the Big 12 becomes the likely reality. In the meantime, can you do something to reign in the egos of those blasted Longhorns?

Reactions: headcard

mjCWePQ.jpg

Reactions: Sinomatic
Actually I agree with you and your points are well taken. I think the academic institutional ties and benefits of Big 10 affiliation are more of a factor than the sports issues. To me now though the creeping disease is institutional disparity of vision sports wise among these far flung Big 10 institutions. That is what we have just seen in regards to the Big 10 presidents reported 8-6 vote not to play fall sports. I say this with full confidence, it these 8 weak willed Big 10 Universities pull this again it won’t be just NU looking for a new conference affiliation, but the sports powers of the Eastern division will be at the front as well in changing the league to rid themselves of the dead weight. If THAT occurs, then NU rejoining with the Big 12 becomes the likely reality. In the meantime, can you do something to reign in the egos of those blasted Longhorns?

did you not follow them in the 2010’s? They’ve been mightily humbled my friend

and Bowlsby is an ALPHA dog. He will make sure NU is happy.

Sadly the little di** Beebe nerd hurt us all at the end of the 2000’s (sucking off texas) and thus here we are.

no one is happy about how that went down. Bowlsby and Weiser are big dogs and have plans take the Big 12 back to where it was before 2010. And it WILL happen. NU back on board accelerates the plan. We get NU back to alpha level. Everyone wins. The only way it gets rebuilt right is both of us coming together.

Sadly the little di** Beebe nerd hurt us all at the end of the 2000’s (sucking off texas) and thus here we are.

no one is happy about how that went down. Bowlsby and Weiser are big dogs and have plans take the Big 12 back to where it was before 2010. And it WILL happen. NU back on board accelerates the plan. We get NU back to alpha level. Everyone wins. The only way it gets rebuilt right is both of us coming together.
Who would you propose go in with Nebraska, assuming they want twelve teams.

Wouldn't be a P5 team most likely. Iowa would be the best shot but that is extremely doubtful. No chance of stealing an SEC school. We don't want Colorado back. Basically looking at BYU which makes little sense or CSU but that would be pretty blah. I'd like to say that Missouri would be fun to have in the conference but they were always dead set on leaving so whats the likelihood of coming back?

810 in KC had rumors Arky was in talks with the Big 12. That was 2019. Crazy I know but there are some reasons. Lots of ties between KC area and UofA which has advanced more in recent years, and they have a long history with the Texas schools.

the other more clear and upfront angle are the Arizona schools. We pass WVU (I like WVU, but it’s as weird as NU in the B1G) to where they belong in the ACC or B1G even, and add Zona. At Big 12 media days it was actually in interviews with leadership and had buzz. Zona schools align more with the XII than PAC philosophically.

there’s your 12. I’d be happy just at 10 with NU but realize that’s not a long term vision.

you have to remove the “current money equation” because all new deals would be done which would put a new XII right even with the B1G (for sure) and maybe SEC. The fact the Big 12 is high as it is now with 10 teams shows that (per team is 3rd).

the espn+ big 12 network has made the LHN an afterthought and no one cares about it anymore.

focus on NU football success tho. That’s what fuels the state. The people. The Saturday’s. That’s what we need to fix and it happens in the XII with Frost taking his system where it can thrive, and a footprint where NU can once again max out recruiting. Open back up Cali kids who’s parents won’t have to go to Rutgers but can go to Texas or Oklahoma for games, and maybe even Zona if that traction continues.

It's not about conferences it's about talent and coaching. When we get our.talent back to the level that it needs to be we will be just fine in the BIG or any other conference for that matter.

If I'm being honest though I don't have as much faith about the defensive side of the ball ever getting that talent under the current regime/scheme. Hope I'm wrong but I'm just not sold yet.

Holla

Reactions: bigboxes
Wouldn't be a P5 team most likely. Iowa would be the best shot but that is extremely doubtful. No chance of stealing an SEC school. We don't want Colorado back. Basically looking at BYU which makes little sense or CSU but that would be pretty blah. I'd like to say that Missouri would be fun to have in the conference but they were always dead set on leaving so whats the likelihood of coming back?

UCF wants in the XII badly. And I’d be ok with it. It would help out NU tremendously so Frost can have/keep a pulse on Florida. He killed it at UCF and can revisit all ties.

In that scenario with UCF you keep WVU.

UCF wants in the XII badly. And I’d be ok with it. It would help out NU tremendously so Frost can have/keep a pulse on Florida. He killed it at UCF and can revisit all ties.

In that scenario with UCF you keep WVU.
Now that, I think, would be a fun idea. And regardless of geography its actually a pretty good fit culturally.

Reactions: bshirt73
It's not about conferences it's about talent and coaching. When we get our.talent back to the level that it needs to be we will be just fine in the BIG or any other conference for that matter.

If I'm being honest though I don't have as much faith about the defensive side of the ball ever getting that talent under the current regime/scheme. Hope I'm wrong but I'm just not sold yet.

Holla

I disagree with you.

And there’s so many reasons. Put Bama in the PAC. They aren’t the same even wjth Saban.

recruiting footprint
Style of play
Culture / philosophy

just are a few

All play a part to performance

Why is Nebraska weird in the B1G like WV is in the Big 12 ? Rutgers is much more weirder in the B1G than Nebraska..

Iowa is no different than Iowa St..
Nebraska is just the Colorado of the old Big 8/12 Geographicly.

None of us have any impact on the decision to move conferences. You would be better off emailing our AD, President of the University and Governor. I wouldn't expect any responses though.

Going back to the Big 12 would be the equivalent of hiring Mike Riley and Bill Callahan back as co-head coaches.

To suggest the Nebraska could go back to the Big 12 and start winning again is also pretty insulting to the Big 12. Nebraska’s problems on the field have nothing to do with a conference. They have everything to do with poor leadership and bungled hiring decisions.

It’s been said over and over again (because it’s true); Once Nebraska starts playing winning football again, these stupid suggestions will stop.

Nebraska was an outlier in the Big 12, too. Weren’t there a lot of 11-1 votes in that league? Finally, you can’t ignore the academic benefits of the Big Ten. Ignoring that aspect of the equation is naive.

I disagree with you.

And there’s so many reasons. Put Bama in the PAC. They aren’t the same even wjth Saban.

recruiting footprint
Style of play
Culture / philosophy

just are a few

All play a part to performance
I

I disagree with you lol. Saban can win anywhere. GREAT coaches ...Saban,Meyer, etc can win anywhere. You don't have to agree.

Sure those things you say play a part in winning. But great coaches recruit great talent and coach it up. A guy like Meyer or Saban would do that in California or Florida or Alabama.

Holla

Going back to the Big 12 would be the equivalent of hiring Mike Riley and Bill Callahan back as co-head coaches.

To suggest the Nebraska could go back to the Big 12 and start winning again is also pretty insulting to the Big 12. Nebraska’s problems on the field have nothing to do with a conference. They have everything to do with poor leadership and bungled hiring decisions.

It’s been said over and over again (because it’s true); Once Nebraska starts playing winning football again, these stupid suggestions will stop.

Nebraska was an outlier in the Big 12, too. Weren’t there a lot of 11-1 votes in that league? Finally, you can’t ignore the academic benefits of the Big Ten. Ignoring that aspect of the equation is naive.

tell me again how many 11 win seasons did NU have before Solich was fired? Like 6 frim 1995-2003? 1 natty. Played for another. That was all in the XII. Played for CCG’s under Pellini like 3 of the last 4 years in the XII. Let alone what NU did in the Big 8 with its true brethren.

I would say the XII was the right place. You just needed the right coach again. And have it in frost. But the style of play won’t work in the B1G. it will excel in the XII. As it did before pre Callahan. And even under pellini some.

Bowlsby an alpha dog? Really? Under his watch at Iowa he canned Dr. Tom Davis the same year he went to the Sweet 16. Next Bowlsby was a catalyst in the departure of legendary coach Hayden Fry. Least we not forget that Bowlsby was AD when a guy named Dan Gable quit coaching after 21 years compiling 152 All-Americans, 45 National Champions, 106 B1G Champions, 12 Olympians, 21 B1G Conference Championships, and 16 National Championships. I will always equate Bowlsby with spoiling a good thing, he is far from an Alpha Dog.

tell me again how many 11 win seasons did NU have before Solich was fired? Like 6 frim 1995-2003? 1 natty. Played for another. That was all in the XII. Played for CCG’s under Pellini like 3 of the last 4 years in the XII. Let alone what NU did in the Big 8 with its true brethren.

I would say the XII was the right place. You just needed the right coach again. And have it in frost. But the style of play won’t work in the B1G. it will excel in the XII. As it did before pre Callahan. And even under pellini some.

All of your conclusions are false.

Hate to tell you buddy it's coaching and players. If you don't think Dr Tom wouldn't have dominated the Pac12, SEC, or even the BIG 10 with the same players and style of offense as he did the BIG 12 or 8 from 93-97 idk what to tell you.

The reason they didn't dominate the same with Solich or Pelini or any other coach is because they weren't as good as coaches as Tom and they didn't have as good of players. It's not.rocket science and it's not some secret big8/12 pill lol.

The same way Urban Meyer dominated at Florida he did it at OSU. Same could be said for Saban and LSU/Bama. Id guess Dabo would dominate the Pac 12 just like he does the ACC.

Great coaches with great talent wins championships. Location be damned.

Holla

Hate to tell you buddy it's coaching and players. If you don't think Dr Tom wouldn't have dominated the Pac12, SEC, or even the BIG 10 with the same players and style of offense as he did the BIG 12 or 8 from 93-97 idk what to tell you.

The reason they didn't dominate the same with Solich or Pelini or any other coach is because they weren't as good as coaches as Tom and they didn't have as good of players. It's not.rocket science and it's not some secret big8/12 pill lol.

The same way Urban Meyer dominated at Florida he did it at OSU. Same could be said for Saban and LSU/Bama. Id guess Dabo would dominate the Pac 12 just like he does the ACC.

Great coaches with great talent wins championships. Location be damned.

Holla

Yes, Frank & Bo weren't as good as Devaney or TO. However, they both were simply sensational relative to Smiling Mike & Clownahan. By a country mile.....

Your own writer. Again. Another. The minority is now officially the people defending the Big 10.

Wake up and smell the roses!!!!

IMO, Nebraska's woes of recent years can be attributed to one thing: poor head coaching. It's not the conference, it's the head coach. It's too early to tell how Frost will be because it does take some time to turn things around but we're getting to the point where we need to see progress.

And an important point, being in a conference ISN'T just about football. There are a lot of academic and research considerations as well that go into conference affiliation. Out of the P5 conferences, I do think the B1G is at the head of the pack when it comes to academics and research. JMO.

P.S. And even just considering football only, there was a reason Nebraska jumped conferences. That reason was Texass and the threat it posed to conference stability when they were scheming to jump to the PAC leaving Nebraska behind. The Big 12 still is the most vulnerable of P5 conferences. It's the reason why Colorado and Missouri also jumped when they had the chance.

Last edited:

Your own writer. Again. Another. The minority is now officially the people defending the Big 10.

Wake up and smell the roses!!!!

Once again, you have failed to speak in cold hard facts.

You guys had your chance to back Nebraska and chose Texas instead. Learn to live with it.

BTW, have you noticed criticism raining down on the B1G about the decision? Do you remember who was out in front of that?

Reactions: scarletred
I know I’m in the minority on this, but I agree with the OP 100%. From a football standpoint, the Big 12 is so much better for us. The style of play, geography, traditional rivals. Plus we had a huge recruiting presence in that footprint. The recruiting hotbeds in the B1G are Ohio and Pennsylvania and we are nonexistent there. Not to mention being the red headed stepchild constantly screwed over by the conference, which I don’t see going away anytime soon. Just look at the reaction to Nebraska having the nerve to....gasp...want to play football.

...and how was the different in the Big 12 with Texas in charge? We were saying the same thing back then, kind of the reason we left. Wash, rinse, repeat!

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT