ADVERTISEMENT

Time to get the NU of old back. It ain’t gonna happen in the Big 10..ever

...and how was the different in the Big 12 with Texas in charge? We were saying the same thing back then, kind of the reason we left. Wash, rinse, repeat!

It was much different. We didn't like not being the top dog and Texas having so much authority. Now we are in a league where several other schools get the Texas treatment and we are treated like KSU or ISU, on our best day. We were so pissed when Texas got an extra second at the end of the Big 12 Title game (the same extra second we got in 93 Orange Bowl), but now every week is like the infamous aTm game in 2010. I don't see any way to deny that our men's sports programs would be better off in the Big 12. All three of our coaches have Big 8/12 roots, we are respected in the area, we can recruit there, our traditional rivals are there, on and on. But the move has been made and it isn't about sports, it about $$, so this is what we have to look forward to for the foreseeable future.

It was much different. We didn't like not being the top dog and Texas having so much authority. Now we are in a league where several other schools get the Texas treatment and we are treated like KSU or ISU, on our best day. We were so pissed when Texas got an extra second at the end of the Big 12 Title game (the same extra second we got in 93 Orange Bowl), but now every week is like the infamous aTm game in 2010. I don't see any way to deny that our men's sports programs would be better off in the Big 12. All three of our coaches have Big 8/12 roots, we are respected in the area, we can recruit there, our traditional rivals are there, on and on. But the move has been made and it isn't about sports, it about $$, so this is what we have to look forward to for the foreseeable future.

Everyone was against us after Texas joined, thus the lopsided votes. We were also treated no different than KSU and the likes in the Big 12 (North Division). If you want Texas treatment we need to start winning again and with winning we can recruit anywhere we want. The only thing different today than it was in the past is Nebraska. You could move to any conference you'd like and we'd still be who we are right now. A conference isn't the fix, nor the breaking point. The breaking point was trying to replace TO. The Big 10 isn't tough, we're weak.

Any discussion about a move to another conference is sorely deficient without a sober analysis of the financial consequences front and center. If its a serious discussion, you have to think like a university president or chancellor, not an athletic director or head coach.

Reactions: Red I 73
Any discussion about a move to another conference is sorely deficient without a sober analysis of the financial consequences front and center. If its a serious discussion, you have to think like a university president or chancellor, not an athletic director or head coach.

Or worse, think like a fan that longs for a return to dominant, championship caliber football and mistakenly believes changing conferences was the problem.

Reactions: nu2u

The only aspect that matters ultimately is stability. If there was a hint of OSU and Michigan leaving the Big10, guaranteed we would be talking to other conferences.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Everyone was against us after Texas joined, thus the lopsided votes. We were also treated no different than KSU and the likes in the Big 12 (North Division). If you want Texas treatment we need to start winning again and with winning we can recruit anywhere we want. The only thing different today than it was in the past is Nebraska. You could move to any conference you'd like and we'd still be who we are right now. A conference isn't the fix, nor the breaking point. The breaking point was trying to replace TO. The Big 10 isn't tough, we're weak.

Yes, the B1G is not the reason we are struggling on the football field, it is not the football juggernaut some have made it out to be, but being in this conference is making it more difficult to rebuild, as we now have many more challenges to overcome. We are the red headed step child of this conference, treated like in inferior to the Purdue's of the world and I don't ver see that changing. I also do not see how we will not be able to magically start recruiting B!G hotbeds like Ohio and Pennsylvania, etc once we start winning, when have we ever had a recruiting presence in those areas? We do not fit in this conference, at all. You make like it, but the deck is really stacked against us in this conference and it will be a very uphill battle for us, every step of the way.

Purdue fan here. I like having you guys in the conference and think as soon as your football program gets back to where you are accustomed that will solve most of the complaints.

I'm curious though what has been done in the Big Ten to make you feel like you're treated as a second-class citizen? As an outsider, I don't see it or am not picking up on it. In the past 30+ years, I don't really feel like any one school controls anything in the Big Ten. Usually, when Delany was running things, we just followed the money.

Purdue fan here. I like having you guys in the conference and think as soon as your football program gets back to where you are accustomed that will solve most of the complaints.

I'm curious though what has been done in the Big Ten to make you feel like you're treated as a second-class citizen? As an outsider, I don't see it or am not picking up on it. In the past 30+ years, I don't really feel like any one school controls anything in the Big Ten. Usually, when Delany was running things, we just followed the money.
Basically just scheduling complaints.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Yes, the B1G is not the reason we are struggling on the football field, it is not the football juggernaut some have made it out to be, but being in this conference is making it more difficult to rebuild, as we now have many more challenges to overcome. We are the red headed step child of this conference, treated like in inferior to the Purdue's of the world and I don't ver see that changing. I also do not see how we will not be able to magically start recruiting B!G hotbeds like Ohio and Pennsylvania, etc once we start winning, when have we ever had a recruiting presence in those areas? We do not fit in this conference, at all. You make like it, but the deck is really stacked against us in this conference and it will be a very uphill battle for us, every step of the way.

Why do we need to recruit Ohio and Penn when there's 48 other states to get kids from? Just win and they will come, even some from Ohio and Penn.

Do I recall a Nebraska regent who worried a move to the BIG would see Nebraska degraded to just another Iowa? Today Nebraska remains #10 on the all time Top 10 winning percentage list, but are sinking. Since joining the BIG, Nebraska has become more like another Idaho State.

I'm not so sure Scott Frost, Meyer or Saban can fix it in the BIG.

Do I recall a Nebraska regent who worried a move to the BIG would see Nebraska degraded to just another Iowa? Today Nebraska remains #10 on the all time Top 10 winning percentage list, but are sinking. Since joining the BIG, Nebraska has become more like another Idaho State.

I'm not so sure Scott Frost, Meyer or Saban can fix it in the BIG.

Pretty certain Meyer or Saban coaching and recruiting for Nebraska would put Nebraska in the CCG quickly.

Just those two guys names could pull in a couple good players. Then they start polishing their rings, there's a couple more good players...then they actually start pushing their shtick and get most of who they want.

After they secure one winning season at a place like Nebraska..lights out man, Nebraska would be in the hunt sooner than later.

Reactions: Sunburnt Indian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT