ADVERTISEMENT

Time to fire Moos

Fair point. Consider what we are paying our football and basketball coaches and consider what we are getting in return.

Says Frost is in so long as he's here. Okay, buh bye. What do you all think? Fire Moos, new ad maybe gives Frost one more season to prove something? Something's gotta give...

The AD did exactly what you and the fanbase wanted done when he was hired. You have that short of memory? Fanatics like you would have burned him at the stake had he not hired Frost. Now you want him gone LOL. I have a better idea......why don't fanatics like you go.

People like you just cant figure it out. You've fired coach after coach and AD after AD in the last 15 years and you wonder what the problem is. You're getting exactly what you deserve and should have expected.

Firing people over and over again is what got us in this mess. Just stop...unfortunately, we just need to wait and see. We have a couple more years of this regardless.

No it didn’t. Hiring bad coaches did.

And Frost is the worst of them all. Cut him loose before he does further damage to the program. This offseason will be a shit show with transfers. If you thought this year was ugly wait until next year.

The AD did exactly what you and the fanbase wanted done when he was hired. You have that short of memory? Fanatics like you would have burned him at the stake had he not hired Frost. Now you want him gone LOL. I have a better idea......why don't fanatics like you go.

People like you just cant figure it out. You've fired coach after coach and AD after AD in the last 15 years and you wonder what the problem is. You're getting exactly what you deserve and should have expected.
I wanted Dan Mullen and I am a fan, depending on the definition.

Reactions: Crazyhole
As an tOSU fan your AD's statement when Frost was hired that Urban and tOSU were "on notice" gives me a nice chuckle.

Reactions: BleedRed78
No it didn’t. Hiring bad coaches did.

And Frost is the worst of them all. Cut him loose before he does further damage to the program. This offseason will be a shit show with transfers. If you thought this year was ugly wait until next year.
Thank you, its not who you fire its who you do hire. Just like recruiting its not the players you don't get its the players you do get that matter.

For sure Moos would need to go first but how do they pay the $35 mil left on Frost’s ridiculous contract? We are screwed.
You cut sports programs then you gut the new facilities project. There are a ton of ancillary costs with putting the new football palace at the desired spot. As for cutting programs and such, its sad but you go (in no particular order)
1. Swimming + Diving
2. Men's Cross Country
3. Men's Gymnastics
4. Women's Rifle
5. Football roster at 100 max.
6. Eliminate Administrative costs both staff bloat and unnecessary expenditures
7. Pay Frost over a ten year annuity
8. Reduce monies given to campus

Reactions: BleedRed78
Unfortunately I don’t see frost surviving past next Year unless he make drastically changes in practices game preparations and his willingness to tweak his offense

Reactions: Chuck003
Bill Moos and his (or the fans) great hires are slowly getting exposed. Will Bolt. You are up to bat.

Says Frost is in so long as he's here. Okay, buh bye. What do you all think? Fire Moos, new ad maybe gives Frost one more season to prove something? Something's gotta give...
Frost runs the football team, but Moos is responsible for the program. It's his job to evaluate Frost and his staff and demand changes. What good is he if he doesn't have the balls to do it needs to be done?

As an tOSU fan your AD's statement when Frost was hired that Urban and tOSU were "on notice" gives me a nice chuckle.
Truth be told, it gave many of us a chuckle as well. But while I had no illusions that Frost would get NU to Ohio State's level, I also didn't think it would be a complete shit show.

Agreed, very little accountability in our athletic programs. 2 losing seasons in a row? Oh let's give you a two year extension on an already over-generous 7 year contract. Just peak stupidity.

Frost runs the football team, but Moos is responsible for the program. It's his job to evaluate Frost and his staff and demand changes. What good is he if he doesn't have the balls to do it needs to be done?

Think of Moos as a great salesman, he closes deals. As far as managing the day to day relationship and taking action when necessary, that isn’t Moos’ specialty.

Reactions: Chuck003
Firing people over and over again is what got us in this mess. Just stop...unfortunately, we just need to wait and see. We have a couple more years of this regardless.
No, what got us in this mess was hiring subpar coaches in the first place. We also have very little accountability in our athletic department from top-to-bottom handing out contract extensions for losing seasons.

Reactions: scarletred
For sure Moos would need to go first but how do they pay the $35 mil left on Frost’s ridiculous contract? We are screwed.
We bring in over a $100 million in revenue each year. If his last name wasn't Frost, the money would be there and this wouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
If he doesn't have any cojones to eventually do that if this continues year after year, then he is in the wrong business and should have never been hired in the first place.

He was hired to hire Frost. That was his main priority. Never did any of us imagine a remote chance that this marriage was not going to work out, but here we are.

Dan Mullen is losing to Bo Pelini who for some reason is the most hated coach we have had in 20 years. So maybe we deserve all this losing since we hate the guy who won.
Pelini beat most of the cupcakes and got annihilated in anything that was remotely a big game. His defenses were atrocious. Our bar isn’t just to beat Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, and Iowa.

Sure, we’ve sucked even worse since him, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’d never trade it back for Bo. Would rather continue marching on till we figure it out.

Don’t forget, he went 16-18 in his final three years at Youngstown State. He can’t even handle being an effective coordinator anymore.

Fans insisted Tom Osborne's hand-picked successor Frank Solich be hired as head coach.
Fans insisted Steve Pederson be hired as athletic director.
Fans insisted Bo Pelini be hired as head coach.
Fans insisted Scott Frost be hired as head coach.

The first rule of running a football program should be "don't listen to fans."

You cut sports programs then you gut the new facilities project. There are a ton of ancillary costs with putting the new football palace at the desired spot. As for cutting programs and such, its sad but you go (in no particular order)
1. Swimming + Diving
2. Men's Cross Country
3. Men's Gymnastics
4. Women's Rifle
5. Football roster at 100 max.
6. Eliminate Administrative costs both staff bloat and unnecessary expenditures
7. Pay Frost over a ten year annuity
8. Reduce monies given to campus
Lower level programs operate in the red all the time. I'm sure we could figure out how to do it for a year or two without having to cut a bunch of programs.

Pelini beat most of the cupcakes and got annihilated in anything that was remotely a big game. His defenses were atrocious. Our bar isn’t just to beat Minnesota, Illinois, Purdue, and Iowa.

Sure, we’ve sucked even worse since him, but that doesn’t change the fact that I’d never trade it back for Bo. Would rather continue marching on till we figure it out.

Don’t forget, he went 16-18 in his final three years at Youngstown State. He can’t even handle being an effective coordinator anymore.
I don’t want him back either and think it was time for him to go. But I don’t get why we bash him more than any coach we have had in 20 years and he was by far our most successful.

Reactions: oldjar07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT