ADVERTISEMENT

Time to come home my Big 8 brothers

Prime, vintage gaslighting here. Nebraska was Texas's greatest ally in the Big 12. Nebraska, Texas, OU and A&M all voted to maintain the TV deal in its original form for the duration of the original league.

The Big 8/12 certainly did not make NU great. Devaney and Osborne did and the conference had nothing to do with it other than being weaker opposition. The B1G is a better conference in all facets including education and I don’t mind NU having to play tougher competition. That’s what makes you better and games more interesting. UNL is also a much better school now than it was in 2010. Like I said, go get SMU, BYU, Houston or UCF. No one else is interested.

Cmon man ur just plain salty and that’s so far untrue....Big 8/12 made NU great. Not sure Why u bash it like that. NU won the north 3 years in a row before leaving so can’t say it sucked after the Big 12 or Osborne orbSolich either. Bc 1996-2003 were damn good years for NU. NU would die just to win a division right now. Big 10 killing NU brand my friend.

UCF actually would be a good pickup with NU to get to 12 tho. Houston cannibalizes Texas recruiting. UCF new recruiting blood and new market.

Nebraska made itself great....unfortunately it has also shot itself in the foot for two decades now.

Reactions: bshirt73
The Big 8/12 certainly did not make NU great. Devaney and Osborne did and the conference had nothing to do with it other than being weaker opposition. The B1G is a better conference in all facets including education and I don’t mind NU having to play tougher competition. That’s what makes you better and games more interesting. UNL is also a much better school now than it was in 2010. Like I said, go get SMU, BYU, Houston or UCF. No one else is interested.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2019/team/

It's interesting that ISU has that "Home Advantage" of 84.65 and ranked #17 on Sagarin but their lone home loss was to a Big 10 team.

Reactions: Huskred01
I keep looking for games
Enough is enough.

All love and no beef here. Wish you guys the best, but sad watching this again this year. Back to the Big 12 and the following:

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals
3) natural recruiting grounds
4) money is good in big 12 as ever now
5) Texas is in check with Bowlsby and great leadership in place now (Beebe was a beta sheep).

Time to make the move back. Pick up the phone and let’s get a deal done.
I keep looking for games on the Big XII network but I cannot seem to find any. Oh wait.......Texa$ still controls that, too.

Seriously, I miss the rivalies of the old Big 8 conference but do not miss having Texas and OU running the conference (Big 12) and expecting everyone else to get in line behind them for sloppy seconds. It has taken awhile, but I am slowly warming up to the ways of the SEC. Now, if only kU would still play us in sports.............. (discussion for another day).

It all worked out how it worked out, we made the wise move in the moment, it will absolutely never get undone. And yet...... I do sometimes enjoy imagining an alternate reality in which we never had reasons to leave the Big 12 haha.

Eff the Big 12. I vividly remember the vitriol coming from other Big 12 schools back in 2010. It was especially bad here in Kansas City.

Nebraska is better off in the Big 10. The Big 12 is worse off without Nebraska.

Pound sand.

Nailed it. Big XII schools really disliked Nebraska. I don’t really miss any of their fan bases, either. CU, MU, aTm and NU ended up in much better places. The Big XII was dysfunctional from day one and really still is.

And for years we had to listen about how the Big 12 was so much mightier than the Big 10! Nebraska has learned first hand! Moving to another conference at this point would make them more of a laughing stock (to all of those outside of Nebraska) than they have already become. Stay in the Big 10 and learn to play big boy football. I suspect that Scott Frost will not be your guy (although I do respect and like him), he was just the emotional choice. That all said, I hope that the Huskers do get back to at least being mediocre.

big 12 just started their version of btn and its gonna be awesome
its called espn+
yes the big 12 is as strong as ever
nebraska needs to come back for a fresh restart
we shall let misery back in
but colorado is out

LOL, not even close! Since I've never heard of it, it must not be that great! Sounds like an extension of the Longhorn Network since it's ran by ESPN? Same old crap, different day.

And for years we had to listen about how the Big 12 was so much mightier than the Big 10! Nebraska has learned first hand! Moving to another conference at this point would make them more of a laughing stock (to all of those outside of Nebraska) than they have already become. Stay in the Big 10 and learn to play big boy football. I suspect that Scott Frost will not be your guy (although I do respect and like him), he was just the emotional choice. That all said, I hope that the Huskers do get back to at least being mediocre.

Seriously? Give it a rest, he'll get it right!

Cmon man ur just plain salty and that’s so far untrue....Big 8/12 made NU great. Not sure Why u bash it like that. NU won the north 3 years in a row before leaving so can’t say it sucked after the Big 12 or Osborne orbSolich either. Bc 1996-2003 were damn good years for NU. NU would die just to win a division right now. Big 10 killing NU brand my friend.

UCF actually would be a good pickup with NU to get to 12 tho. Houston cannibalizes Texas recruiting. UCF new recruiting blood and new market.

Won the three year in a row week north division! Come on! NU is killing it's brand, not the Big 10. It's not the Big 10, it's something internal that needs to be shaken out! never Big 12, ever again!

How about we get KU and OU into the Big Ten, Texas, Tech, Baylor and TCU join the Pac-16, and then we can schedule Mountain West teams like K-State in the non-con?
kU has nothing to offer except basketball. They suck (always and forever) in all other aspects including education level. OU will not be allowed to leave unless Ok State goes along with them.

Reactions: MUJoey
Delaney resigns in January
Contracts get re-negotiated in 2023
Will the B1G still be on top then?

hard to say for sure.. what goes up must come down.. I'd be willing to bet no.

Truth is, even schools like UCF, & USF and other smaller schools in the south are becoming more competitive than the Big Ten.

Yep, Southern Alabama and the like, those schools are getting harder to beat, and it's really more about where the talent is. It's all in SEC country. Would we recruit better in the Big 12? yep. In fact, Texas and OU would be wise to avoid the Big Ten at all costs in the future, as the conference is becoming non competitive..

Truth is, even schools like UCF, & USF and other smaller schools in the south are becoming more competitive than the Big Ten.

Yep, Southern Alabama and the like, those schools are getting harder to beat, and it's really more about where the talent is. It's all in SEC country. Would we recruit better in the Big 12? yep. In fact, Texas and OU would be wise to avoid the Big Ten at all costs in the future, as the conference is becoming non competitive..

I disagree with OU and Texas, they both recruit Texas to the point where they could probably remain competitive no matter which conference they are in. Texas especially. That state produces more D1 talent than any other. Not to mention they are both really close to...like kissing distance, to the area of the country you're lauding for its rich recruiting ground.

Those two are fine. Whatever happens, Espeacially Texas

Hahaha! Check out South Alabama's games after us

The conference is becoming non competitive?...or Nebraska is becoming non-competitive?
There's no problem with the conference.
We would not recruit better in the Big 12 and don't worry about OU and Texas ever coming to the Big Ten, It will NEVER happen!

You have Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, and nothing else.... Nebraska would be getting destroyed in the Big 12. They have squads that would score at will on Nebraska.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I do miss winning.

This league is just too physical for us. I’ve said it before & will say it again. We need Big12 finesse fball to be competitive.

Done with this crap.

You give the Big 10 to much credit! It's not the Big 10 doing it, it's our own internal issues. We'd be none the better in the Big 12.

Enough is enough.

All love and no beef here. Wish you guys the best, but sad watching this again this year. Back to the Big 12 and the following:

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals
3) natural recruiting grounds
4) money is good in big 12 as ever now
5) Texas is in check with Bowlsby and great leadership in place now (Beebe was a beta sheep).

Time to make the move back. Pick up the phone and let’s get a deal done.
Big 8 yes. Big 12 no. First one isn't possible so the short answer is no.

Reactions: MUJoey and bshirt73

Would love to hear why Texas would have trouble recruiting Texas if they changed conferences.

I for one am glad that Nebraska is in the B1G. I know it has been a struggle lately in football but you still have the brand name along with extensive resources and passionate fans. Would be interesting to see how much more money is now in UNL on the academic side since joining the B1G, guessing it is substantially more than if you were still in the B12.

lol.. they recruit their backyard, so the conference has no bearing on that.

That's what I thought. So Texas and for the most part OU steering clear of the Big 10 is irrelevant. I think it's irrelevant for us also. As I've said before, the Big 10 isn't our problem, fully believe we'd be sitting in the same boat if we were still in the Big 12.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Texas and OU will leave; it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. The Big 12 is the land of misfits toys, a hodge podge of schools with basically nowhere else to go!

I’m not so sure about that. Why would they leave?

They run the conference.
They have the easiest possible path to the playoff. They only have to beat the other.
The money is relatively close.

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
Dear OP,
The following teams are NEVER coming back to the Big 12 (10)

Nebraska
Missouri
aTm
Colorado

Any further conversation from you on the subject is just you mentally masturbating.

I’m not so sure about that. Why would they leave?

They run the conference.
They have the easiest possible path to the playoff. They only have to beat the other.
The money is relatively close.

A time will come when they need a bigger conference and they'll bolt.

I do miss winning.

This league is just too physical for us. I’ve said it before & will say it again. We need Big12 finesse fball to be competitive.

Done with this crap.

Lol finally admitting how weak you always needed things to be a power before... you look down on programs you perceive to be beneath you. But would they really have been beneath you if you had to play Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Iowa in a four week span in the 90s?

It’s the beating you take.. it takes its toll

Lol why do you hate the big ten? Uh oh, I think i know...

All of Nebraska's recruits are from the Big XII or SEC regions. None are from the Big Ten footprint. Either these recruits aren't interested in Nebraska, or Nebraska isn't working to get them. That's a major problem when you have been in the conference for eight long years.

Nobody in the conference likes you and kids from Michigan, Ohio and Chicago are never going there. Good luck with little 12 scraps

A time will come when they need a bigger conference and they'll bolt.

Why would they “need a bigger conference?” That doesn’t make any sense.

What are their goals?

Get to the playoff.

What conference gives them the best chance at that? It’s easily the Big xii. It gets even better if the playoff is expanded to eight teams with each power five conference getting an automatic bid. They only have to beat the other team and they’re in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT