ADVERTISEMENT

Time to come home my Big 8 brothers

Jan 8, 2017
Enough is enough.

All love and no beef here. Wish you guys the best, but sad watching this again this year. Back to the Big 12 and the following:

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals
3) natural recruiting grounds
4) money is good in big 12 as ever now
5) Texas is in check with Bowlsby and great leadership in place now (Beebe was a beta sheep).

Time to make the move back. Pick up the phone and let’s get a deal done.

Enough is enough.

All love and no beef here. Wish you guys the best, but sad watching this again this year. Back to the Big 12 and the following:

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals
5) Texas is in check with Bowlsby and great leadership in place now (Beebe was a beta sheep).

I root for k-state when there not playing the huskers so no. but other than that it would be cool.

The Big 10 isn't our problem, this started long before we changed conferences.

Don’t think so. UNL is a MUCH better school since we joined the B1G and the research $ is fantastic. Nice having BTN instead of the Longhorn Network. If we went back to the Big 8, maybe, but those days are LONG gone. Want nothing ever to do with Texas schools again. Yuck.

Don’t think so. UNL is a MUCH better school since we joined the B1G and the research $ is fantastic. Nice having BTN instead of the Longhorn Network. If we went back to the Big 8, maybe, but those days are LONG gone. Want nothing ever to do with Texas schools again. Yuck.
Enough is enough.

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals

Sorry, wkato. I was responding to the OP, not you. I agree that our problems started way before 2011 but the B1G really is a beast compared to the Big XII where we seemed to win the North every two-to-three years. Much easier conference. That being said why would any university want to be a part of the Big XII over the B1G? Laughable. We were very fortunate to get the invite.

Reactions: SWIowahawks

big 12 just started their version of btn and its gonna be awesome
its called espn+
yes the big 12 is as strong as ever
nebraska needs to come back for a fresh restart
we shall let misery back in
but colorado is out

I miss TEXASS and their ultra-superb hero D. Beebe like another hole in my head. I do miss the Big8 and wish them ALL nothing but the best. But Texass runs the BigXII show and I wish we never would have joined that mess.

Reactions: MUJoey and bigboxes
Enough is enough.

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals

I wish the Big XII had worked out. I really do. But, it all started when K State and every other "little brother" program voted against NU on everything when Texas and the other SW conference teams joined. Dan Beebe eventually single-handedly dissolved the conference with his complete and utter incompetency. Things will never go back to what they were. You are stuck in the Big XII and we're in the Big Ten.

I miss TEXASS and their ultra-superb hero D. Beebe like another hole in my head. I do miss the Big8 and wish them ALL nothing but the best. But Texass runs the BigXII show and I wish we never would have joined that mess.

Beebe was a tool. Wish he never touched Big 12 HQ. Bowlsby is an alpha dog who is maintaining the balance for all. Not a Texas blow hard like Beebe. Let’s make a deal that works for all. A deal NU loves.

And I’m ashamed of Dodds being a kstate grad and manipulating the conference for Texas gain 10 years ago.

It’s all in the rear view now. For all of us. Here now.

If UConn can jump back to the BE, its not an impossibility for NU to get back into the XII. It all Would rejuvenate the program and fan base.

At least give it a shot over 34-7 vs Minnesota. This is ridiculous guys. I could barely watch that as someone who cares. Not the NU I know. F the extra $10m a year. The big 12 is growing revenue annually as is and closing the gap. Avoiding another losing season trumps the extra money. That’s what runs in the blood of the NU faithful. And what we all want for NU and CFB.

NU vs OU annually again puts the Cali recruits back into Lincoln. As well as the Texas ones.

NU vs Kstate
NU vs Texas

That gets the juices flowing. NU going to Rutgers is just plain sad.

As much as I miss the Big 8 years; it's dead, buried, and not coming back.

Going back won't solve our problems, nor would we gain in any shape nor form.

3d6g56.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is dumb. Like its a bunch of farmers all sitting on tailgates in the ditch around a fire drinking beers somewhere where the pavement hasn't taken, and talking about just gettin' the county fair a goin' agin' cause it ain't nothing.

Talk about tail-between-the-legs on national TV.

Quit being poosies.

Enough is enough.

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals

I do miss winning.

This league is just too physical for us. I’ve said it before & will say it again. We need Big12 finesse fball to be competitive.

Done with this crap.

Enough is enough.

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals

If you have the time machine, I’m ready to hop in brother! I want to go back to a time when The Huskers were good, the music was good, and I was younger (lol).

Heck, I even miss Bill Snyder. He was a great coach and good for KSU! I remember one game in Lincoln where our QB got hurt and he was down for a bit. Snyder came over to him to see if he was OK. Very classy of him!

Enough is enough.

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals

NU can't change coaches every 3 or 4 years and expect to have success. We have to ride this out and let coach Frost get his players on the field. It looks like it's going to take much longer than most of us want it to be. Probably 4 to 5 years.

Enough is enough.

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals

Why, so every team in the Big 12 can smack Nebraska around too?

Frost has until year 5 to turn the corner and have a solid team, I believe it will take that long, so by the end of the 2022 season, if 9 wins haven't been reached, either keep him for the remaining two on his contract and see what happens, or tell him thanks for the effort but it's time to look elsewhere. 5 years is plenty of time to figure out if it's going to work or not.

Reactions: buddha7mu
Frost has until year 5 to turn the corner and have a solid team, I believe it will take that long, so by the end of the 2022 season, if 9 wins haven't been reached, either keep him for the remaining two on his contract and see what happens, or tell him thanks for the effort but it's time to look elsewhere. 5 years is plenty of time to figure out if it's going to work or not.
I think year 3 should be enough.

I think year 3 should be enough.

Oh yeah and then what? Which coach do you think is going to win at this major rebuild project?

The obvious winners have probably been contacted. Pete Carroll(sp), Sweatervest, and Meyer. And Nebraska has been turned down. I doubt Dabo or Nick Saban want to be bothered with an offer. Jimbo is probably fine too. That's pretty much all your NC coaches in the last 10 plus years.

No one wants to hear about longshots. So we are going to try a long tenure here come hell or high water.

One thing is this team being soft might fit the big 12 better. Living in southern Nebraska I wasn’t to keen on the move, I understood why the move.

Reactions: Huskred01
big 12 just started their version of btn and its gonna be awesome
its called espn+
yes the big 12 is as strong as ever
nebraska needs to come back for a fresh restart
we shall let misery back in
but colorado is out

Hard pass on the big xii and anything related to texas.

The Big 8 was awesome but those days are long gone.

The SEC road trips are spectacular and the money doesn’t suck.

It isn't the conference. If the Cornhuskers had the teams from the 60s 70s 80s and 90s here in the Big 10 they would do well.

Its going to take time to build. Moos said HCSF was getting a long runway for a reason.
Exactly. Anyone wanting to change conferences because it's too physical is just a head scratcher. That's where we were and where we need to get back to.

Enough is enough.

1) natural footprint.
2) natural rivals

Why, so every team in the Big 12 can smack Nebraska around too?

Wouldn’t happen. Big 12 would rebuild NU imo.

You guys underestimate what a natural footprint for rivalries and recruiting does for a program. Playing games in New Jersey and Maryland kill your recruiting perception

you sound like arky and a$m, they are so proud to get beaten yr after yr by the best teams in the country. sold their soul for $$$, and like neb, to get away from deloss dodds and tejas. but the b12 would take you back in a heartbeat. the best fans i ever saw were neb fans in stw to watch osu v neb.

Reactions: KStateFootball82
you sound like arky and a$m, they are so proud to get beaten yr after yr by the best teams in the country. sold their soul for $$$, and like neb, to get away from deloss dodds and tejas. but the b12 would take you back in a heartbeat. the best fans i ever saw were neb fans in stw to watch osu v neb.

No program wants to move to the Big XII other than maybe BYU, Houston or SMU. Good luck with that!

No program wants to move to the Big XII other than maybe BYU, Houston or SMU. Good luck with that!

Cmon man ur just plain salty and that’s so far untrue....Big 8/12 made NU great. Not sure Why u bash it like that. NU won the north 3 years in a row before leaving so can’t say it sucked after the Big 12 or Osborne orbSolich either. Bc 1996-2003 were damn good years for NU. NU would die just to win a division right now. Big 10 killing NU brand my friend.

UCF actually would be a good pickup with NU to get to 12 tho. Houston cannibalizes Texas recruiting. UCF new recruiting blood and new market.

Fax

All of Nebraska's recruits are from the Big XII or SEC regions. None are from the Big Ten footprint. Either these recruits aren't interested in Nebraska, or Nebraska isn't working to get them. That's a major problem when you have been in the conference for eight long years.

I wish the Big XII had worked out. I really do. But, it all started when K State and every other "little brother" program voted against NU on everything when Texas and the other SW conference teams joined. Dan Beebe eventually single-handedly dissolved the conference with his complete and utter incompetency. Things will never go back to what they were. You are stuck in the Big XII and we're in the Big Ten.

Prime, vintage gaslighting here. Nebraska was Texas's greatest ally in the Big 12. Nebraska, Texas, OU and A&M all voted to maintain the TV deal in its original form for the duration of the original league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT