ADVERTISEMENT

Time to come home, Husker nation

Jan 8, 2017
Your natural recruiting grounds and rivalries in the Big 12.

Enough is enough.

1/3 of 2009 class was Cali, 1/5 Texas. Little to none lately of both.

Playing Iowa and Wisky over your 80 year rival in OU (and more recent rivalries like Kstate/Texas) like it should be?

Come home, we want you back and love you, your tradition and the great people of NE. Go Big Red but get your tails back into the XII.

Enough is enough.

Playing Iowa and Wisky over your 80 year rival in OU (and more recent rivalries like Kstate/Texas) like it should be?

Come home, we want you back and love you, your tradition and the great people of NE. Go Big Red but get your tails back into the XII.

At least we play Iowa and Wisky every year, not every 2 like the Big 12 suggested we do with OU.

Why, so they can get curb stomped by the Big 12 too?

You’ll get Cali and Texas recruiting opened up again. Think what Scott can do there.

Natural rivalries. Playing teams you know and can beat bc you had an edge over them in the Big 12. The Big 10 has just caused this weird aura for NU.

All close to home (except WVU), not frickin Maryland, Penn and New Jersey.

Enough is enough.

At least we play Iowa and Wisky every year, not every 2 like the Big 12 suggested we do with OU.

Well put OU, Texas and NU in the same division then. I’m all for it.

And start to BEAT Texas and compete at a high level again.

Big 12 South or West

OU
NU
Okie State
Texas
Tech
Baylor

Big 12 east or north

Kstate
KU
WVU
ISU
TCU
Then add a Cincy/UCF/Houston

Ahh yes, the obligatory half-wit post about the Big 12. Nebraska would suck everywhere

Dude. It’s just the right fit. You’re not northerners. You’re heartlanders like us. We stick together. Always rooted for you guys when we didn’t play, going back to 80’s

It’s a culture fit. The big 10 has this weird aura over NU man. It’s just not the same. Even after Osborne in the XII, NU still won 8-11 games a year every year.!

Reactions: MERCERJ and K_Y_E
We suck for sure. But being in the big 10 is just forced weirdness. I dont care what anyone says, we should of never left the big 12. And dont give me the "money" bs excuse. Did we care about money when we were winning championships? We've sold out every game for years yet our program needs more money? Programs would kill to sell out like that

Dude. It’s just the right fit. You’re not northerners. You’re heartlanders like us. We stick together. Always rooted for you guys when we didn’t play, going back to 80’s

It’s a culture fit. The big 10 has this weird aura over NU man. It’s just not the same. Even after Osborne in the XII, NU still won 8-11 games a year every year.!
So where was kst in supporting NU when we were in the big 12? Texas is still the root of the evil heck they killed the old swc yes we are a better fit, yes I hate the big 10 never liked it all they give a crap about is there trophy games except Ohio state Michigan but I also understand why the move,

Reactions: MUJoey
You’ll get Cali and Texas recruiting opened up again. Think what Scott can do there.

Natural rivalries. Playing teams you know and can beat bc you had an edge over them in the Big 12. The Big 10 has just caused this weird aura for NU.

How does moving from one Midwest conference to another Midwest conference do anything to impact recruiting in California?

Reactions: Huskred01

Enough is enough.

Thanks for the invitation but we're busy

The most logical thing would be to trade West Virginia and cash to the Big 10 for Nebraska (yeah Big 10 wouldn't do it but still).

The Big 12 is 10 teams so Nebraska and OU would play each other every year like the Big 8. You guys could recruit Texas again and would have a better chance at winning a conference championship (10 teams is easier than 14). I would argue an easier shot a Playoff berth as well.

Enough is enough.

I’m in. The Big12 is obviously way weaker & I’m ready to win freaking games again!

My white flag is waved. Congrats B1G, you’ve beaten us down to nothing.

Who cares about playing Iowa, Minnesota, Nortwestern, etc. I would rather be playing Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas State, etc.

Nebraska just needs to keep taking their lumps in the B1G and find a way to start winning in the next few years.

Well put OU, Texas and NU in the same division then. I’m all for it.

And start to BEAT Texas and compete at a high level again.

Big 12 South or West

OU
NU
Okie State
Texas
Tech
Baylor

Big 12 east or north

Kstate
KU
WVU
ISU
TCU
Then add a Cincy/UCF/Houston

Actually, unless an Arkansas or Missouri came you could just stick with 11 and keep a single division standings.

Actually, Nebraska would probably have a better chance to succeed if the B1G put Nebraska and Iowa and a couple other teams in a division with PSU, MD. & NJ. The Maryland/DC & New Jersey areas probably have the 2nd & 3rd best recruits a lot of years and Pennsylvania is close behind. If they had those teams and one of the Illinois teams that is as good of exposure in the B1G for recruiting they could have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT