Time for a mask burning party??

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001
I had to wear a mask at work for 3/4 of the year, but now we have no COVID in our area so we have not had to wear a mask for a while.
I fully support you having a mask burning party if you had to wear one that much! Ugh. Especially as a big fvck you to Covid... I definitely support people putting it behind us. Everyone get vaccinated and then let's just fvcking move on.

Reactions: HuskerCK

HuskerCK

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
So many questions.

Obviously first, did you cum? I bet you came a big prejacked load right in your uniform when you saw that tweet. We know the oppression you suffered. You poor thing.

Second. What the actual fack? I thought this was for social control?!? They were going to last forever so that the pravada could reinstall Obama as The New ayatollah of the United States
You are waaay too interested in the answers to these questions you sick fvck!!

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
And why does that bother you so much? You’re gonna be the asshat making fun of cancer patients that still wear them because vaccines are minimally effective for immunocompromised folks.
Just curious because I haven't seen that... Do you have a link for that?

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007
Just curious because I haven't seen that... Do you have a link for that?

For the vaccines on immunocompromised individuals? It is pretty common knowledge for any vaccines for that population. It may still be effective, but not going to be near as well.

For example, chemo works because it targets cells that are replicating very fast, which are going to be cancer cells. When you get vaccinated, you are taking your pool of cells that respond to the viral proteins from 50-100 to 10-100,000 in a handful of days. Since this is a massive amount of division, the chemotherapy is gonna target these immune cells as well. It likely won’t be 100 percent, and they should still get some protection. But it will be far from perfect.

I don’t believe they have really looked at vaccine effectiveness in immunocompromised patients, so how big of an impact there is still isn’t know. There likely will be a lot of factors in play depending on what part of the immune system is compromised and how compromised the system is.

I will point out, this is why herd immunity is important. Even if you have a small chance of getting sick, you are protecting those whose immune system can’t function correctly. Which is pretty much any elderly person, any cancer patient, any autoimmune patient (who are typically on immunosuppressants) or any patient with an immunodeficiency disorder.

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
I don’t believe they have really looked at vaccine effectiveness in immunocompromised patients, so how big of an impact there is still isn’t know.
That's all I was curious about, if there was a study or something. But I appreciate the breakdown

any autoimmune patient (who are typically on immunosuppressants)
That's my wife and partly why I was curious

ThomOsborneMD

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2017

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Still early for definitive answers but antibody responses seem to be diminished . Well see what it means clinically. I would continue masking if I were immuno compromised

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2777685

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1266886

https://www.arthritis.org/health-we...vid-19-faqs-medication-treatment-and-vaccines
Yeah that study... Interesting. Those on i mmunosuppressants really fail hard to mount a response.

Interesting that that Moderna dose seems more effective in that scenario.

I think you're right, if I were a SoT recipient or on chemo I'd do a lot to protect myself until the numbers are way down.

But no down the "Trumper brigade" would try to harass and make fun of you for it

Reactions: ThomOsborneMD

bbarry464

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Nov 12, 2004
Wichita, KS
Yeah that study... Interesting. Those on i mmunosuppressants really fail hard to mount a response.

Interesting that that Moderna dose seems more effective in that scenario.

I think you're right, if I were a SoT recipient or on chemo I'd do a lot to protect myself until the numbers are way down.

But no down the "Trumper brigade" would try to harass and make fun of you for it

I think the brigade is more about freedom of choice and could give two shits what you wear on your face....

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
I think the brigade is more about freedom of choice and could give two shits what you wear on your face....
Um...are you new here? There's constant barrage of Trumpers making fun of people for still wearing masks.