ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Miles hired...

Miles took the best job he could find. He's a basketball coach, and no doubt he's still hungry to succeed. These guys who live the life would live on a cot in a storage room if it gets them back walking a sideline. You guys debating his living expenses crack me up.
My point was that taking a job at San Jose State versus the other jobs he apparently was considered for is a huge step down for several reasons. The first obvious one is monetary which involves state income tax levels and cost of living considerations. The other is the shape the program doing the hiring is in. It seems pretty clear that he was pretty desperate to get a job. It would seem unlikely that they would offer Miles twice as much as the last guy who had the job but maybe that is the case. Their athletic department has to be hurting financially.

My point was that taking a job at San Jose State versus the other jobs he apparently was considered for is a huge step down for several reasons. The first obvious one is monetary which involves state income tax levels and cost of living considerations. The other is the shape the program doing the hiring is in. It seems pretty clear that he was pretty desperate to get a job. It would seem unlikely that they would offer Miles twice as much as the last guy who had the job but maybe that is the case. Their athletic department has to be hurting financially.
I was disappointed he didnt get the New Mexico job. Feel like he couldve really thrived there. Petino was a weird hire for them

Maybe desperate to coach, not to find a job.

Dude still does commercials here in Nebraska and does work for BTN and made a boatload of cash from NU. He is so likeable that he probably could have waited and taken the UNO gig or been in administration at UNL.

He just wants to coach. He is in a great spot. Think about not having to work, having all the money you need and all you want to do is find something you like doing.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Maybe desperate to coach, not to find a job.

Dude still does commercials here in Nebraska and does work for BTN and made a boatload of cash from NU. He is so likeable that he probably could have waited and taken the UNO gig or been in administration at UNL.

He just wants to coach. He is in a great spot. Think about not having to work, having all the money you need and all you want to do is find something you like doing.
When you say he made a boatload of cash, you forget the income tax bracket he was in. It doesn't go as far as you think when Mrs Miles has developed a taste for the finer things in life. Just figure between the state of Nebraska and the IRS, he got half. Then the Mrs. gets her half.... Then you've got to pay the hairdresser etc....

When you say he made a boatload of cash, you forget the income tax bracket he was in. It doesn't go as far as you think when Mrs Miles has developed a taste for the finer things in life. Just figure between the state of Nebraska and the IRS, he got half. Then the Mrs. gets her half.... Then you've got to pay the hairdresser etc....
good thing all Coach Miles cares about (aside from hoops) is buckets of ice cold Coors Lights in the back yard!

good thing all Coach Miles cares about (aside from hoops) is buckets of ice cold Coors Lights in the back yard!
All he'll be able to afford is Natie Lite after the California Department of Revenue is done with his paycheck...

Is he divorced? Trust me, if he is, he is saving money.

Secondly, I feel like some of you have no idea what the kind of money that these guys make is really like

Is he divorced? Trust me, if he is, he is saving money.

Secondly, I feel like some of you have no idea what the kind of money that these guys make is really like
I know what paying taxes on that kind of money is like. I also know that as your income rises so does the cost of your expected lifestyle for anybody with a woman in their life. There's always the bigger house, the bigger property taxes, more upkeep, extra beer and wine coolers, nice travel, better dinners out, etc etc etc. At some point when you've go the house paid off and figured out that you don't need a new car every 12-24 months things MIGHT finallly get under control. With Tim's recent lifestyle happenings, I suspect he's still sporting a mortgage and some outstanding bills.

I know what paying taxes on that kind of money is like. I also know that as your income rises so does the cost of your expected lifestyle for anybody with a woman in their life. There's always the bigger house, the bigger property taxes, more upkeep, extra beer and wine coolers, nice travel, better dinners out, etc etc etc. At some point when you've go the house paid off and figured out that you don't need a new car every 12-24 months things MIGHT finallly get under control. With Tim's recent lifestyle happenings, I suspect he's still sporting a mortgage and some outstanding bills.
We get it...taxes.

Reactions: chicolby
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT