ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Miles hired...

Thought Miles might have a shot at Utah State, but they went with the guy from UMBC who pulled the big #16 vs. #1 seed upset.

Seems like a strange fit, as Miles is a Midwest guy, he'll need some assistants that can recruit the West Coast. SJSU is a terrible program, so he should get plenty of time to build.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Not a bad gig, nice place to live, making nice cash and really at a job with zero pressure.
He had better have a huge contract to make up for the cost of living and income tax he'll pay out there. The good news for him is that there' won't be a rabid fan base to deal with. If he gets them to an NCAA tourney game they'll probably give him a lifetime contract.

He had better have a huge contract to make up for the cost of living and income tax he'll pay out there. The good news for him is that there' won't be a rabid fan base to deal with. If he gets them to an NCAA tourney game they'll probably give him a lifetime contract.

No kidding! I would imagine he will be making over 750K a year, right? I have no idea what that conference pays.

No kidding! I would imagine he will be making over 750K a year, right? I have no idea what that conference pays.
Predecessor was making around $275,000 in salary, up to around $400,000 with incentives. Still very good money, but Power 5 it ain't.

Miles probably leveraged a bit more than that, but probably not $750K.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Predecessor was making around $275,000 in salary, up to around $400,000 with incentives. Still very good money, but Power 5 it ain't.

$275,000 doesn't go very far in San Jose, the average home goes for well over $1 million there...fortunately for Timmy, UNL paid him $2.5 million over the last 2 years to sit on the couch and do nothing.

Wow....great get for Timmy. He cannot possibly need the money and he gets even more now....and i'm thinkin a nice place to live if you have the money.

$275,000 doesn't go very far in San Jose, the average home goes for well over $1 million there...fortunately for Timmy, UNL paid him $2.5 million over the last 2 years to sit on the couch and do nothing.
What are taxes like there though?

As an Iowa fan I always liked Miles as he seemed like an overall good dude. Glad to see he has a good job and still coaching.

Reactions: scarletred

That's not much of a living wage in California.

Reactions: huskerfan66
The dude is going to be bringing home like 40k a month. This is a nice place.

Take home or gross pay? IF his salary is around 40 K, in California with federal and state taxes taken out, his take home will be less than half of that.

Reactions: TheNewNU

San Jose isnt as crazy as the bay area and LA. But thats still pretty crazy, no walk in closets for the kids for 1.2M? You can get that under 400k here.

San Jose isnt as crazy as the bay area and LA. But thats still pretty crazy, no walk in closets for the kids for 1.2M? You can get that under 400k here.
It is crazy, and San Fran is totally insane.

But that house is still pretty nice and hopefully his kids can survive without the walk in closets! Ha

Aren't his kids all out of HS now?

Since he has a better resume than his predecessor, I'm guessing SJSU is probably going to pay Miles something in the neighborhood of $500 or $600K. While that's crappy money compared to what he made in Lincoln, I'll go way out on a limb and say there are a lot of regular people living quite comfortably in San Jose on that level of income.

FUN FACT: The year Moe Iba was Big 8 Coach of the Year, Bob Devaney extended his contract by 3 years at $39,000 per.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Since he has a better resume than his predecessor, I'm guessing SJSU is probably going to pay Miles something in the neighborhood of $500 or $600K. While that's crappy money compared to what he made in Lincoln, I'll go way out on a limb and say there are a lot of regular people living quite comfortably in San Jose on that level of income.

FUN FACT: The year Moe Iba was Big 8 Coach of the Year, Bob Devaney extended his contract by 3 years at $39,000 per.
No kidding, people are acting like that kind of cash is chump change. I get that it is expensive to live there but clearly a lot of people live there and I am guessing most don't make close to what Miles is making.

So, I checked, the avg individual income on SJ is 40k
Household avg income is 109k

So we can stop worrying that Miles might have to commute from Western Nevada.

No kidding, people are acting like that kind of cash is chump change. I get that it is expensive to live there but clearly a lot of people live there and I am guessing most don't make close to what Miles is making.
For some people the key to happiness is to convince themselves, on a daily basis, that everyone else lives in a God-forsaken Hellhole.

Miles took the best job he could find. He's a basketball coach, and no doubt he's still hungry to succeed. These guys who live the life would live on a cot in a storage room if it gets them back walking a sideline. You guys debating his living expenses crack me up.

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT