ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Dwight standing next to Johnny Rogers....

Its like Bubby Brister standing next to John Elway....

Elway and Bubby Brister? Really?
I am not familiar with a Johnny Rogers. However, Johnny Rodgers was the 1972 Heisman Trophy Winner.
Why put Dwight's name on the award for the best kick returner in the Big 10?
Because when Dwight was done at Iowa, he finished his college career with the Big Ten record for punt return yardage and punts returned for touchdowns. Duh.
Dwight had a 10 year NFL career and returned a kick for a TD in a Super Bowl.
Don't get me wrong, I was a huge Rodgers fan. A #20 Nebraska jersey was my most prized possession in 1972. In fact, I also knew how to spell his name properly, which you do not.
What a fool...
You see they are giving an award to the top kick returner in the Big 10. A conference Rodgers never played in, but seeing as he was such a stud at returning kicks, and Nebraska is in the Big 10 currently, it makes sense to include his name in the award.

You continue to reinforce the stereotype that Husker fans are ignorant, with no knowledge of football outside of Nebraska. Keep it up genius. Learn the game, and some history as well.

Not surprised hawk fans don't know difference between a gas station and a liquor store. Just so you know what your suppose to do at each, one's to fill your empty tank, the other to fill your empty skull.
so funny.. not really much of a point tho.

I think everyone knows that the poster means .

not many teams can beat the lineup of

Rodgers
Collins
Peters
Phillips
Lewis
Fryar
Incognito

no need to go on

so funny.. not really much of a point tho.

I think everyone knows that the poster means .

not many teams can beat the lineup of

Rodgers
Collins
Peters
Phillips
Lewis
Fryar
Incognito

no need to go on

Seriously going there?

There are DOZENS of hawkeye player thugs and troublemakers in the past 10-15 years....

I would list them....but like everyone else outside the state of iowa, I've never heard of any of them.

Seriously going there?

There are DOZENS of hawkeye player thugs and troublemakers in the past 10-15 years....

I would list them....but like everyone else outside the state of iowa, I've never heard of any of them.

You would think they would show us all their academic all Americans they have over us too.Winking

Last edited:
Capt'n Caveman--", Seriously going there? There are DOZENS of hawkeye player thugs and troublemakers in the past 10-15 years....
I would list them....but like everyone else outside the state of iowa, I've never heard of any of them."
----------------
That's funny, seeing as Iowa currently has more players in the NFL than Nebraska.

He's the guy who everyone outside of Iowa watching the game is calling "some guy standing next to Johnny Rodgers"...
He's the guy standing next to the guy who never played in the B1G or even the big 12 and was a felon. But for some reason is getting his name on this award. Crazy. Right?

He's the guy standing next to the guy who never played in the B1G or even the big 12 and was a felon. But for some reason is getting his name on this award. Crazy. Right?
If Johnny played in the so called B1G, during that era, he'd WOULD have an award by himself. No, ifs, ands, or buts. Clueless begins in Iowa.

Also, when he went to the pros, he left college as the best punt returner in Big Ten history. Broke the then punt return yardage and TD records. Two time All-American. He was in the Heisman talk his senior year before Iowa fell out of the rankings. He ended up 7th in the voting.

It is too bad Husker fans try to destroy Dwight before educating themselves about him.

Ignorance is not bliss.

As Dwight found out talk is cheap, it's a team game and he didn't take his team to where other Heisman did. What more does it take to get this thru some people's thick skull.

Sorry, but I can remember Tom Dwight very well, and he was a helluva returner. Both were exceptional at their trade.

Sorry, but I can remember Tom Dwight very well, and he was a helluva returner. Both were exceptional at their trade.
This made me chuckle... I'm sure it was a typo... It's Tim. Great player Dwight was. Deserving of the recognition. Tbh, I would bet standing next to the jet was an honor for Dwight, as he no doubt knew who Johnny was, and vice versa.

Reactions: Hoosker Du
This made me chuckle... I'm sure it was a typo... It's Tim. Great player Dwight was. Deserving of the recognition. Tbh, I would bet standing next to the jet was an honor for Dwight, as he no doubt knew who Johnny was, and vice versa.

Yup, despite spell check changing words constantly, I get lazy sometimes and don't proof read my posts. They were both exceptional talents.

Reactions: timnsun

Watched on tv and it looked like they introduced them individually and when they introduced Rodgers, Dwight took a step back, faced him and applauded him. Two great players that had different careers and lives, so no need to rag on either one.

Reactions: cecilB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT