ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger car crash

Driving is fun. Why the heck would you want someone driving for you?

Apparently when your worth a billion dollars you just stop living. If he’s drunk or on meds pay a driver I get it, but he’s gotta live life.

Reporters on ESPN said this road is known for accidents like this. Very steep and sharp turns.
Yeah heard that this morning, and something about a sharp turn. But he hit the median on the left, if he looked away even for a moment, could explain no skid marks.

Hope it wasn’t meds. Unfortunately, if he had to have multiple surgeries on his legs, his career my be over. Or could take a few years off and hit a few on the senior tour for fun

I heard the Sheriffs Deputy that was first on scene said he was awake and lucent. Answered all his questions and told him his name was Tiger. The Sheriff later said that area he wrecked is a downhill slope with a curve and wrecks are common. Somebody stopped to assist him and they got their car hit. The whole front of the car looked almost gone. Looks like all the airbags went off and they said he had his seatbelt on. Modern cars are designed to absorb a lot more of the impact than they did in the old days when giant bricks on wheels were considered safe. I suspect he would have been dead or broken back if he didn't have his seatbelt on. They keep you IN the vehicle in place while everything around you takes the punishment. People that don't wear seatbelts are stupid. I know, because I was the idiot in high school that broke a bone in my back after getting rattled around my giant brick of a car. I was fine. I have wore them ever since. I have worked a thousand wrecks and the difference is stark between those wearing seatbelts. Ever seen someones hair stuck in the windshield and they are missing a patch of hair? I have seen it many times.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I heard the Sheriffs Deputy that was first on scene said he was awake and lucent. Answered all his questions and told him his name was Tiger. The Sheriff later said that area he wrecked is a downhill slope with a curve and wrecks are common. Somebody stopped to assist him and they got their car hit. The whole front of the car looked almost gone. Looks like all the airbags went off and they said he had his seatbelt on. Modern cars are designed to absorb a lot more of the impact than they did in the old days when giant bricks on wheels were considered safe. I suspect he would have been dead or broken back if he didn't have his seatbelt on. They keep you IN the vehicle in place while everything around you takes the punishment. People that don't wear seatbelts are stupid. I know, because I was the idiot in high school that broke a bone in my back after getting rattled around my giant brick of a car. I was fine. I have wore them ever since. I have worked a thousand wrecks and the difference is stark between those wearing seatbelts. Ever seen someones hair stuck in the windshield and they are missing a patch of hair? I have seen it many times.
I can't drive without a seatbelt. I don't know how ones do it. Feel so vulnerable without it.

I can't drive without a seatbelt. I don't know how ones do it. Feel so vulnerable without it.

I was taught to use a seatbelt. A week after I got my driver's license, I decided to take my mother's car out for a late night joy ride. I failed to negotiate a right turn (thought it was a curve). I ended up driving through some thickets and over a gully. Broke a tie-rod and caused damage totaling half the value of the car. Later, I noticed a small pinhole in my shirt and a green streak made by the blue seatbelt. I had lightly bruised my ribs as well. Seeing how the seatbelt allowed me to remain in my seat with minimal injury sold me on its effectiveness.

Reactions: resdog851
I was taught to use a seatbelt. A week after I got my driver's license, I decided to take my mother's car out for a late night joy ride. I failed to negotiate a right turn (thought it was a curve). I ended up driving through some thickets and over a gully. Broke a tie-rod and caused damage totaling half the value of the car. Later, I noticed a small pinhole in my shirt and a green streak made by the blue seatbelt. I had lightly bruised my ribs as well. Seeing how the seatbelt allowed me to remain in my seat with minimal injury sold me on its effectiveness.
how bad do you think the impact would have been if you weren't wearing a seat belt?

how bad do you think the impact would have been if you weren't wearing a seat belt?

The car wasn't totaled, but I'd say I'd probably would have smacked my head around, broken some ribs and possibly some leg injuries. I kept thinking that it would have been worse had I not worn that belt.

Fast forward to 2014 when I hit black ice on a bridge that sent me down the embankment and teeing a guard rail below and I would probably not be here if not for that seat belt. I hit my head on the roof when i caught air as I left the road. Just think how it would have turned out if not for the seatbelt.

RDUi1aih.jpg

The car wasn't totaled, but I'd say I'd probably would have smacked my head around, broken some ribs and possibly some leg injuries. I kept thinking that it would have been worse had I not worn that belt.

Fast forward to 2014 when I hit black ice on a bridge that sent me down the embankment and teeing a guard rail below and I would probably not be here if not for that seat belt. I hit my head on the roof when i caught air as I left the road. Just think how it would have turned out if not for the seatbelt.

RDUi1aih.jpg
1st one will have a slight headache

Last edited:
Driving is fun. Why the heck would you want someone driving for you?
20 years ago it used to be fun. Now they just hand out a driver’s license to anyone and none of them fools know what they’re doing. I see multiple, stupid, unnecessary behavior everyday while driving. I am blessed just to make it to work and back home safely each day.

The only good thing about the pandemic is there are less morons on the road.

I read this morning that he suffered some pretty traumatic stuff to his right lower leg. He had multiple open fractures to his tibia and fibula. He had rods inserted and a bunch of screws to piece them and his shattered ankle back together. Considering how the front of the vehicle looked, that would be consistent with him having his right leg dynamiting the brakes at the time of a major front end cessation of movement. Physics is pretty nasty sometimes. An object in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside object. In this case, everything probably slowed down very quickly while he and the rest of his body wanted to continue going forward.

Reporters on ESPN said this road is known for accidents like this. Very steep and sharp turns.

Been on the road a few times and it isn’t bad if you adhere to the 45 mph speed limit. As officer Gonzalez said he has clocked idiots at over 80 mph there.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
So you're a guy that prays, but says garbage like this? Gotcha.
Tiger needs prayers but having a car wreck and a sympathetic piece about his life on TV still doesn't make him a nice guy. Hope he recovers fully. No doubt he's been humbled but from what I've heard he still treats people who encounter him poorly. I enjoy watching golf more without the camera focusing on him non-stop as he struggles to make a cut.

Reactions: EastOregonHusker
Crazy how far technology has come. This video is of a now 11 year old vehicle so you know they are even better.

ADVERTISEMENT