ADVERTISEMENT

Tidbit about O'Brien from Elite 11

kennercaleb32

Senior
Sep 2, 2012
So,

I live in Idaho and own and operate and nutrition store. I had a guy in from Santa Monica that was passing through picking up a few things. One thing led to another and he found out I was a HUGE Husker fan. He by the way is a big UCLA fan.

Anyway, this guy knows a couple of the gentlemen that ran the Elite 11 camp this Summer. He told me we should be ecstatic about Patrick O'Brien. Says this kid has an elite arm and is very intelligent. Said this kid will fit into Mike Riley's system perfectly and I told him he will graduate early and be on campus for Spring ball. He said "look out" this kid will make some noise for a starting rotation. He also told me he was upset that UCLA never offered the kid. This gentlemen also said how O'Brien has kind of a chip on his shoulder since really no one from the home state really offered him and is out to prove something. Also said he had a lot of respect for what Nebraska did for the kid that was killed before the Husker game when UCLA came to Nebraska.

One other thing I learned is Mike Riley is a KNOWN commodity in the state of California. Told me Mike Riley could recruit against anyone but never had the resources others had. He said he's glad he's out of the Pac-12 haha!

GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.