ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday: Nebraska vs. Penn State (Huskers lose 8-7)

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
GBR!

Stream the Game HERE

I will be on and off today with the updates. Usually have things going on Thursdays which is why I am glad most games are not on Thursdays.

Reactions: dpnavy and saluno22
Well thats a crappy start. Hope Jake settles down. Lets get the bats rolling.

No way that happened, right? No way. These guys are hitting .236 on the season.

New ball game. Penn St has been dead since the 1st.

Get this, Hohensee has thrown 58 pitches through the 5th. Penn St pitcher is at 105 pitches after 5.

Incredible difference.

Reactions: saluno22
Huge error by Miller. Lets one score but they get the next batter to end the top half of 8th. Huskers up 7-5

3 errors the last 2 innings is just crazy and it cost them the game. Totally choked away a win.

Well. Nobody to blame but ourselves for this one. Sorry I wasn't able to do updates but kind of glad I wasn't.

Everytime you start to believe in these guys, they blow it. What a complete and total disappointment. Unacceptable putrid and disgusting play.

Reactions: donahues17
Do we really not have a better 1B than miller, a defensive replacement when up 3 in the 8th?

Have you watched a game yet this year? Miller is a solid first baseman. He had a bad fielding day.

But throwing this game away is ridiculous. Typicall Erstad ball. Dont get excited for his teams cuz they will kick you in the balls.

Reactions: bleedhuskerred
But with Erstads "you should never get excited to play any certain game as you should play that way every game" attitude, it dont suprise me. Ive never seen a team play to the level of their competition as much as his teams do.

Have you watched a game yet this year? Miller is a solid first baseman. He had a bad fielding day.

But throwing this game away is ridiculous. Typicall Erstad ball. Dont get excited for his teams cuz they will kick you in the balls.
He's a big target who can dig low throws. He's not an athlete who can move side to side or react ....

Yes, and I've about had it. Time after time after time you start to believe in his teams and they blow it. EVERY TIME. I guess I'm a chump for thinking this time was different.

I had other obligations during the game so I had to download the radio broadcast archive and listen later. I just finished. That's easily the worst late-inning collapse of the Erstad era. Especially since it wasn't really that the pitching let us down but rather the defense. We had won 81 straight when leading after eight innings. Good grief.

I had other obligations during the game so I had to download the radio broadcast archive and listen later. I just finished. That's easily the worst late-inning collapse of the Erstad era. Especially since it wasn't really that the pitching let us down but rather the defense. We had won 81 straight when leading after eight innings. Good grief.
We are lucky that the Ohio State, MSU, Rutgers games ended up on the winning side. The collapse mentality is there regardless of whether we win or lose. That is the underlining issue this staff needs to figure out.

He's a big target who can dig low throws. He's not an athlete who can move side to side or react ....

Both plays he booted had nothing to do with what you claim though. Its not like they were athletic plays he was making. He just had a bad day. I would have him in that spot 10 times out of 10 with confidence that he will make the play.

Reactions: k9_r
He has a .983 fielding percentage with 377 put outs. 7 errors on the season.
He's having a bad year... for him. I say bad, but I'd take him every time at that spot.

Last year he had just 1 error on 351 put outs and 23 assists. FLD% .997.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT