ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Thursday happenings on the recruiting trail....(UPDATED 4:02 PM)

Bryan Munson

Assistant Head Coach
May 3, 2015
Dallas, TX
Putting today's updates here:

=========================================

I just spoke with QB transfer Chubba Purdy and he is in the airport on his way to Pittsburgh for a visit this weekend. He confirmed that the Panthers currently his leader heading into this visit.

"I am actually at the airport right now going to Pitt for my official visit this weekend. Coach (Pat) Narduzzi has been doing great things there. He recruited me out of high school, so I have a great relationship with him and their whole staff going back to high school.

"Right when I hit the [transfer] portal, they were the first ones to hit me up. So, we have that prior relationship and that's what I really like about them. They've got some good players there now and some other good players coming in."

Purdy has also been in contact with Nebraska's new offensive coordinator who is coming to Lincoln from Pitt.

"Yes sir, just once. I talked to Coach (Mark) Whipple yesterday, but that was it. We were just talking about how he was going to be getting [to Nebraska] next week and we would stay in contact. That was about it.

"He said that, once he gets there, we would stay in touch. If they look at me and give me the opportunity, I may go up there and check them out. So, we will see."

Purdy will be enrolling in his college of choice in January in time for winter conditioning and spring practice, and he said there's a possibility he will take an additional trip or two before making a final decision.

"Oh yes sir, but I don't know where to as of now. I'm just looking for the best opportunity for me to go in and compete. I've got four years left of eligibility."

(Mike)

Further confirmation that Nebraska is a real player for possible LSU transfer quarterback Myles Brennan:

Looks as if Coach Barrett Ruud is making the rounds in-state again today.

Teivis Tuioti receive an offer from Colorado State today after announcing his transfer from Nevada yesterday.

One of the top remaining Husker DB targets.

(Mike)

Small update:
I finally heard back from Hunter Anthony, transfer portal OL from Oklahoma State, and he said that he is really just trying to get recruiting figured out at the moment. He said that he doesn't have a visit set up to Nebraska this weekend as of yet.

Nebraska really needs to address the OG need by a portal player. We haven't heard much from Hunter Nourzad from Cornell recently and Sione Finau from FIU has been quiet since the Nebraska offer came through. This would be a big miss if Nebraska doesn't get an interior OL via the portal. It's right behind QB for me in terms of importance to the team.

(Bryan)

First off, I have finally been able to confirm that Zach Gibson, transfer portal QB from Akron, will no longer be visiting Nebraska this weekend. Gibson wasn't holding an offer and that seemed to give the indication of a placeholder.

The assumption here is that Nebraska has another target set to visit. After confirming that Nebraska has offered Myles Brennan, transfer portal QB from LSU, it definitely seems like he's the odds on favorite to be that guy. We are still working to confirm.

I think one we can consider confirmed is Timothy Bleekrode, transfer portal K from Furman, will be visiting Nebraska this weekend. Bleekrode has two years of eligibility remaining. Remember Nebraska has already secured a PWO commitment from transfer portal K Spencer Pankratz from Furman and Charlie Weinrich has also committed to Nebraska as a PWO.

There are some other things that I am trying to run down. Myles Brennan is definitely on top of that list. Other items are Hunter Anthony (transfer portal OL from Oklahoma State) and Tyrese Chambers (transfer portal WR from FIU) were linked to possibly visiting Nebraska this weekend. I am still working to confirm.

I did confirm that Nebraska intends to still bring in RB Emmett Johnson as of last night. It looks like LSU hasn't forgotten about Trevonte' Citizen and that would be a tough pull for Nebraska. Additionally, I am working on Landon Ibieta to see if the late offer from Nebraska has him thinking about looking around. He has been a Miami commitment since June.

Lots and lots of moving parts. I will also work back to catch up with the two DL from Snow to see if they are still coming in this weekend. I am very interested to see how Nebraska closes those spots and improves their pass rush through the class and the portal.

(Bryan)

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.