ADVERTISEMENT

Thread that will be moved to pay board STAT: Rate Road House on a scale of 1-10

Personal favorite ^^^^ 9.4 on the riffmeter.

TV version 8. Uncut version where we get to see all of Kelly Lynch 9.5. I would have given it a 10, but Brad drives a red 1984 Mustang LX convertible. Pretty wimpy car for such a bad guy.

I guess they needed private security to keep female fans away from PS during that shoot. Classic!

Also, go look at the poster for The Outsiders, PS is standing on bricks to make himself taller.

I often do not understand how people view movies and I think that is why a lot of movies that are great do not get the recognition they deserve.

Airplane, Kingpin, There's something about Mary, Naked Gun, these are some of the funniest movies ever, but don't win Oscars for some reason.

Friday the 13th, to this day, still scares people, it literally is part of American culture, hockey mask, the camp, the killing, 10 year olds to 80 year olds know who Jason is.

Roadhouse is a great movie, unless for some reason you thought it was supposed to be a super serious docu-drama on bouncing. It was not, it was meant to make you go "Daaaang" and "Oh my god" and "that was funny"

I often do not understand how people view movies and I think that is why a lot of movies that are great do not get the recognition they deserve.

Airplane, Kingpin, There's something about Mary, Naked Gun, these are some of the funniest movies ever, but don't win Oscars for some reason.

Friday the 13th, to this day, still scares people, it literally is part of American culture, hockey mask, the camp, the killing, 10 year olds to 80 year olds know who Jason is.

Roadhouse is a great movie, unless for some reason you thought it was supposed to be a super serious docu-drama on bouncing. It was not, it was meant to make you go "Daaaang" and "Oh my god" and "that was funny"
Oscars use different criteria than audience popularity. Audience popularity is recognized and rewarded in the box office rankings for the year,. The Oscars are supposed to represent craft achievement as judged by the people in the industry (not general audiences) but of course they do sometimes reflect political trends.

Comedies rarely match up with dramas in terms of just craft achievement.

Oscars use different criteria than audience popularity. Audience popularity is recognized and rewarded in the box office rankings for the year,. The Oscars are supposed to represent craft achievement as judged by the people in the industry (not general audiences) but of course they do sometimes reflect political trends.

Not really.

"Best Actor" or actress or supporting, that is it.

Ted Stryker (Robert Hayes, I think) in Airplane was amazing and should have been one of the 5 nominated for an Oscar.

Leslie Nielsen in Naked Gun should have been nominated for an Oscar.

Comedy is an art form as is all acting. It is a craft to make people laugh. It really shows how out of touch the Oscars are when Paul Newman, arguably the most intense (yet humble) actor ever, did not win until Color of Money, when there in reality he should have had 5-7 wins.

Critics or voters don't want to give credit to people in certain areas.

Road-House-Julie-Michaels.png

Reactions: Jaemekon

For instance, Val Kilmer, Tombstone, not even in the top 5 for best supporting actor in 1993???

An absolute 10. Too many hilarious scenes in that movie, it’s a “can’t change the channel” flick each time you run across it.

Not really.

"Best Actor" or actress or supporting, that is it.

Ted Stryker (Robert Hayes, I think) in Airplane was amazing and should have been one of the 5 nominated for an Oscar.

Leslie Nielsen in Naked Gun should have been nominated for an Oscar.

Comedy is an art form as is all acting. It is a craft to make people laugh. It really shows how out of touch the Oscars are when Paul Newman, arguably the most intense (yet humble) actor ever, did not win until Color of Money, when there in reality he should have had 5-7 wins.

Critics or voters don't want to give credit to people in certain areas.
You just have different personal criteria, that's all. No problem. Everyone can have their own views but recognize that not everyone shares the same values.

no doubt awards can be capricious, and hindsight is 20/20.

some have never seen ‘its a wonderful life’ and i have never seen ‘roadhouse’.
dont know why…just have never watched it.

no doubt awards can be capricious, and hindsight is 20/20.

some have never seen ‘its a wonderful life’ and i have never seen ‘roadhouse’.
dont know why…just have never watched it.
You are a horrible person. Get your crap together.

Reactions: tpmcg
ADVERTISEMENT