ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Miles

REGPrimus

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 18, 2009
Now that Tim Miles has been around for a few days, what is everyone's thoughts on him?

So far, he seems very aggressive and is going after some pretty good recruits. I'm sorry for the three Jucos, but it is better that he gets some room to add his own players right away.

From all that I have seen and read, Tim looks like a very good fit for NU and will bring back some excitement. I'm actually looking forward to NU basketball!!

A young guy with a lot of energy and enthusaim, just might do the trick. He is on the rise and dose not see the problems they are challenges. the verdict is still out, but it might be a good thing to go young

I may be in minority, but I believe he was a better hire for us than Groce from Ohio would have been. What make me say this is Groce when he took over as coach @ Ohio, his predecessor had winning seasons the prior 4 yrs. When Miles took over, he took over programs that were completely broken down (IE big time losing records). Clearly Groce has a higher winning %; however when you did down and understand why....then think about what NU needs, my 2-cents is Miles is the better choice for NU at this time.

Originally posted by Oklahoma Dave:
I may be in minority, but I believe he was a better hire for us than Groce from Ohio would have been. What make me say this is Groce when he took over as coach @ Ohio, his predecessor had winning seasons the prior 4 yrs. When Miles took over, he took over programs that were completely broken down (IE big time losing records). Clearly Groce has a higher winning %; however when you did down and understand why....then think about what NU needs, my 2-cents is Miles is the better choice for NU at this time.

Agreed. His won/loss record is not very good, but he's not afraid of rebuilding. And Nebraska IS a rebuilding job. So all those guys who turned down Osborne because they didn't want to muddy up their W/L record, well they didn't want to rebuild anyway. This program needs a builder, not a "get 20+ wins" and get the hell out of there guy.

Miles' background from South Dakota tells me that he may be satisfied to coach at NU and if he's successful, he would stay a while!

He seems like a great coach.

He got South Dakota State and Colorado State going fairly quickly.

I am not in tune with Nebraska Athletics, but it seems your department has put a lot of focus into basketball going forward.

I think he will be very successful at Nebraska after he gets a couple recruiting classes into his program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT