ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson is coming back and intends to win the starting job

style-dude.gif

Let’s go!!

“Listen, his thinking is he left the season as a starter and he expects to return and start next season," says Charles Thompson, Casey's father. "That's where his mindset is."
Might be difficult after he misses the spring. Missing spring if you’re not installing a new offense might not be a big deal but….. The problem for Casey is even if he transferred he would be in that same situation

his dad needs to show him some running moves, and we could have a rg 3...
best passer NU has and it's not close

Reactions: SomedayHusker
This was CT's only option, I've been saying it since the end of the season. He is either coming back or he's done, he ain't transferring anywhere, no one is going to take him.

Might be difficult after he misses the spring. Missing spring if you’re not installing a new offense might not be a big deal but….. The problem for Casey is even if he transferred he would be in that same situation
Because of the addition of Sims, I think CT and the new style of a Rhule offense, QBs running the ball are going to be in the play calls.

It's part of Rhule's offense whereas it was an occasional passing thought in Whipple's offense.

It's time for NU to add the threat of a QB run game pressure on some teams.
We all know what a dangerous weapon that can be.

Because of the addition of Sims, I think CT and the new style of a Rhule offense, QBs running the ball are going to be in the play calls.

It's part of Rhule's offense whereas it was an occasional passing thought in Whipple's offense.

It's time for NU to add the threat of a QB run game pressure on some teams.
We all know what a dangerous weapon that can be.
I kind of don’t understand the fear of a QB being a ball carrier. I think I see more guys get hurt in the pocket than outside of it.

Charlie McBride said today that he’s watched Hornsby and thinks he would be one of the fastest 2 guys in the B1G if we got him. The question then is where do you play him.
Probably so. If Christian Coleman joined the Husker football he’d be the fastest guy in all of college football . But speed alone doesn’t make one a football player and obviously Coleman is a track giant not a football player.

Hornsby is a freak athlete that never learned how to play actual football. He did well in HS just out athleting everyone. He got to Arkansas and thought he’d just out athlete everyone and he couldn’t. Eventually Pittman basically gave up on him. He wasn’t adding size. He wasn’t getting better at throwing. Even his running is limited. He doesn’t take great angles

And I think when Hornsby started to get tossed down the depth chart by guys who weren’t anywhere near him athletically it was a real eye opener for MH. He started to realize time was running out. But I think Nebraska is not right for MH. I think he needs to go to a G5 or FCS school. He needs to learn football. He absolutely shouldn’t see the field in 23 unless it’s special teams. The problem with a kid like that in Lincoln is fans and writers will start ask why he’s not playing if we suck and he NEEDS at least 23 if not 24. And he’s not a QB. At best he’s a WR. and is a year & a half worth carrying him on scholarship for 3 years? I just don’t see it

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT