ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Fidone question....

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska
I have wondered this but never seen anything about it. Until today, I seen something very briefly about him wanting to graduate early and so on. Does anyone know if he’s an early enrollee or have a chance to be one if he so chooses to?

If we can get him on campus early and in with Duvall, that would be huge for us. Dude absolutely has the opportunity to play right away. Maybe not as a starter but I definitely see him getting snaps. He’s just to dam good not to play right away. He’s a match up nightmare for LBs and DBs.

So it’s probably a wait and see situation for him enrolling early due to number of factors. Nowhere in the OWH write up the next day is any mention of early enrollment and I don’t believe that was asked of him live Wednesday night. Might all depend on what a winter/spring schedule would look like.

we do not currently have anyone better than him on the roster. he should start day 1, regardless of when the season takes place.

Reactions: huskerssalts
we do not currently have anyone better than him on the roster. he should start day 1, regardless of when the season takes place.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised at all. If anything, he’d be splitting time with another TE. My guess is his blocking may need some development and that part is a big deal at TE. Or he’ll, maybe he’s got that part down good enough too. Really no clue on that one. But as a pass catcher, I 100% agree. There isn’t another TE with his hands and athletic ability on the team....he’ll, maybe even the BIG 10 West.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised at all. If anything, he’d be splitting time with another TE. My guess is his blocking may need some development and that part is a big deal at TE. Or he’ll, maybe he’s got that part down good enough too. Really no clue on that one. But as a pass catcher, I 100% agree. There isn’t another TE with his hands and athletic ability on the team....he’ll, maybe even the BIG 10 West.
I agree with you about his hands and agility..but by far his route running is what seperates him from any other te in the country at his age.. simply amazing how he cuts

Volk will surprise people and have a solid two years at UNL...Fidone will clearly have the best career. Just needs to add some weight

I have actually read it a few times that Travis V has NFL potential at TE. He’s definitely a pass catching threat but it was his blocking that needed help. If everyone remembers, teams like Iowa and others that love using their TEs where after him hard as a transfer. Luckily for us he had Husker ties and connections that led to him picking us over teams like Iowa.

I’m with everyone on this, I wouldn’t be sad at all if Travis V. explodes this next season (or next time we play) and jumps Jack Stoll.

ADVERTISEMENT