ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Fidone is N!!

This kid is a game changer. He will be a match up nightmare for DBs from day one! Love his athleticism but even more than that he seems like a good kid with a level head and a drive to be the very best. GBR!

8hmCP8aly-j4P4907sken99j20zbucEKK4ZK1RbtlzA3RfZNQFdu5auSVsAOh6FzMAN0Httw

Great get for you guys for sure. Would have loved to have him at Iowa, obviously, but growing up a Husker fan and being able to play the second he arrives is a huge pull.

I won't say Iowa didn't want him, because we would have. I had some hope when Noah Fant was practicing with him, but oh well. Our current TE room is pretty stacked though, so it's not guaranteed he'd be able to play soon.

Again, great get for you guys.

Reactions: saluno22
Great get for you guys for sure. Would have loved to have him at Iowa, obviously, but growing up a Husker fan and being able to play the second he arrives is a huge pull.

I won't say Iowa didn't want him, because we would have. I had some hope when Noah Fant was practicing with him, but oh well. Our current TE room is pretty stacked though, so it's not guaranteed he'd be able to play soon.

You won’t say Iowa didn’t want him, but you came on here to say that Iowa didn’t need him. Basically the same thing. What a joke.

Last edited:
You won’t say Iowa didn’t want him, but you came on here to as that Iowa didn’t need him. Basically the same thing. What a joke.

I came here to congratulate you on getting an awesome recruit and also gave a few reasons why it was an easy choice for him to choose Nebraska. That's all

I came here to congratulate you on getting an awesome recruit and also gave a few reasons why it was an easy choice for him to choose Nebraska. That's all
Then just say, “Great get!”

As soon as you say why it was an easy choice for him “Iowa’s TE room is stacked and he would have to sit” you are actually saying he settled. Don’t pretend you are here just to congratulate us. You got your dig in as well.

Iowa runs an offensive system that is very similar to what is run by most NFL teams. For that reason alone, Iowa has been good at developing offensive linemen and TEs and getting them to the NFL.

Iowa as a program has very little to show for all those players they put in the NFL.

Iowa has no recruiting advantage over Nebraska, Iowa can’t offer anything to a recruit that Nebraska can’t offer. Most of the players Iowa puts in the NFL would've made it to the NFL no matter where they played, a vast minority made it based solely on the fact they went to Iowa.

No one outside of Iowa is talking about the elite TEs and receivers Iowa fans would have you believe are currently on the roster at Iowa.

This goes against what most Iowa fans believe.

I will say there is one Iowa receiver that I would like seeing return punts and KOs at Nebraska, otherwise it’s a lot of meh.....

Reactions: steelclaw
Iowa runs an offensive system that is very similar to what is run by most NFL teams. For that reason alone, Iowa has been good at developing offensive linemen and TEs and getting them to the NFL.

Iowa as a program has very little to show for all those players they put in the NFL.

Iowa has no recruiting advantage over Nebraska, Iowa can’t offer anything to a recruit that Nebraska can’t offer. Most of the players Iowa puts in the NFL would've made it to the NFL no matter where they played, a vast minority made it based solely on the fact they went to Iowa.

No one outside of Iowa is talking about the elite TEs and receivers Iowa fans would have you believe are currently on the roster at Iowa.

This goes against what most Iowa fans believe.

I will say there is one Iowa receiver that I would like seeing return punts and KOs at Nebraska, otherwise it’s a lot of meh.....

Its OK to give the Iowa coaches credit for developing players. Not everyone does that well, they seem to. To say that they would have succeeded anywhere they went of just because they went to Iowa seems a bit short minded. I don't know, maybe they had to work at it, develop their bodies, their skills, have good coaching and discipline. To say all coaches get all players at all schools to do the same is a reach although you did say "most" whatever that is.

Its OK to give the Iowa coaches credit for developing players. Not everyone does that well, they seem to. To say that they would have succeeded anywhere they went of just because they went to Iowa seems a bit short minded. I don't know, maybe they had to work at it, develop their bodies, their skills, have good coaching and discipline. To say all coaches get all players at all schools to do the same is a reach although you did say "most" whatever that is.
I guess it’s fair to say Iowa fans put too much emphasis on what a player can or can’t do based on going to Iowa and I put too little emphasis on Iowa’s ability to put kids in the NFL just based on going to Iowa. The answer is most likely somewhere in the middle.

Oh Iowa fan, we would expect nothing less of you. So that TE room that you are so confident includes 3 young guys (2 incoming freshman and 1 redshirt freshman) and a sophomore (that played well last season) . With experience like that I can see why Fidone had the easy choice with Nebraska. Maybe it was easy to choose Nebraska as he knows their fans arent complete f'ing morons.

Now use him. All this talk about potential and stud,.etc needs to show up. Congrats for the kid, it has been a long haul for him.
Because they didn't use Mo (when he was here) or Wandale? They've shown they'll use the best weapons they have. We haven't had a TE like him for a long time.

Reactions: huskerssalts

Who do you have that you consider it stacked?

Who the hell picked out the Nebraska hat on the table last night? I mean, come on, NEB on a khaki hat. WTF?

Because they didn't use Mo (when he was here) or Wandale? They've shown they'll use the best weapons they have. We haven't had a TE like him for a long time.

Really? Which of the heralded receivers have we used? Oh, the ones that were already here when Frost arrived. Washington? Did he even make it through a full game, let alone a season? They moved Robinson to RB and about got him killed, now he is going back to WR full time by all accounts. Flashes do not count, consistency and productivity does. Of those you have on your short list, Robinson comes the closest, I will give you that.

Oh Iowa fan, we would expect nothing less of you. So that TE room that you are so confident includes 3 young guys (2 incoming freshman and 1 redshirt freshman) and a sophomore (that played well last season) . With experience like that I can see why Fidone had the easy choice with Nebraska. Maybe it was easy to choose Nebraska as he knows their fans arent complete f'ing morons.

Wow! Hope he can learn to hold a block cause your QB has about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball before the roof caves in on him. Just saying!

Really? Which of the heralded receivers have we used? Oh, the ones that were already here when Frost arrived. Washington? Did he even make it through a full game, let alone a season? They moved Robinson to RB and about got him killed, now he is going back to WR full time by all accounts. Flashes do not count, consistency and productivity does. Of those you have on your short list, Robinson comes the closest, I will give you that.
Who heralded those receivers? Sure as hell wasn't me. This guy is the #1 ranked TE in the country. Wandale was very highly ranked. Mo Washington actually was somewhat overlooked because of his academic situation. That dude had game changing speed and they rode it as hard as they could. It's unfortunate that the head on his shoulders didn't match his raw talent. Other teams had to game plan for him. How they're viewed by fans and recruiting services doesn't mean much when they step on the football field. THIS guy however appears to be as close to a sure thing as I've seen. I'll be shocked if he doesn't have as much impact as Wandale.

Who heralded those receivers? Sure as hell wasn't me. This guy is the #1 ranked TE in the country. Wandale was very highly ranked. Mo Washington actually was somewhat overlooked because of his academic situation. That dude had game changing speed and they rode it as hard as they could. It's unfortunate that the head on his shoulders didn't match his raw talent. Other teams had to game plan for him. How they're viewed by fans and recruiting services doesn't mean much when they step on the football field. THIS guy however appears to be as close to a sure thing as I've seen. I'll be shocked if he doesn't have as much impact as Wandale.

Mo Washington was only a 3 star on Rivals but He was a Top 100 4 star RB on ESPN recruiting and he had a composite 4 star rating per 24/7. Dude clearly had elite talent. Unfortunately for us he didn’t have elite level head on his shoulders. But Frost wasn’t afraid to use him as a true freshman or sophomore.

And I’m with you, Frost has shown he will put the ball in the hands of our best players. Frost has only been here 2 seasons and all but he has shown he’s not afraid to play freshmen or afraid to let them lose with the ball in their hands.

And Thomas Fidone is the Top 37 player in the country and has a chance to be our first 5 star since Baker Stein. If he is as good as advertised (which he will be) then there isn’t a chance in hell Martinez, McCaffrey or Smothers isn’t throwing him the ball every chance they get.

Last edited:
Who do you have that you consider it stacked?

right now all they have is a sophomore to be LaPorta. Dude has the potential to be a good TE but that’s it after him. The rest are question marks.

Wow! Hope he can learn to hold a block cause your QB has about 2 seconds to get rid of the ball before the roof caves in on him. Just saying!

Still crying and butt hurt I see. Take it to your own board. There isn’t A single Husker fan worried what you think or hope for.

Gee, I thought our roster was stacked with young guns because Frost red shirted most them. Washington would not have survived a red shirt season of not playing. He was occasional magic WHEN he was healthy and not in trouble.

Robinson did whatever was asked and got the most out of his body but he is a slot receiver, not a RB. I will be excited to see what he can do from that position whenever they play again.

So which other freshmen played much? Does getting in for four games as a freshman qualify?

It appears this team was built for the future.

Reactions: headcard
Gee, I thought our roster was stacked with young guns because Frost red shirted most them. Washington would not have survived a red shirt season of not playing. He was occasional magic WHEN he was healthy and not in trouble.

Robinson did whatever was asked and got the most out of his body but he is a slot receiver, not a RB. I will be excited to see what he can do from that position whenever they play again.

So which other freshmen played much? Does getting in for four games as a freshman qualify?

It appears this team was built for the future.

what exactly are you trying to argue here? You are literally bouncing back and forth on your stuff.

Frost has only coached for us for a total of 2 seasons. That’s it. Year one was basically 98-99% Mike Riley recruits and last year almost ever freshmen was redshirted minus a couple. On offense Wan’dale Robinson was the lone true freshman not redshirted and he was used all over the place and as often as possible (after the first few games). But Frost used his best, young players as much as he can, when available.

Now, outside that, what are you trying to say and what exactly is your point here? Forgive me but you absolutely lost me with your doom and gloom and the stars are falling view. You are the only person on this board (Outside Iowa fans) that I have seen that tried to doom and gloom the commitment of Thomas Fidone (a soon to be 5 star TE).

Last edited:
All you Squakeye fans can get their candy apple bottomed butts out of here. Guillermo and I were busting cold ones out and shotgunning pissloads of 4 loco after TF24 signed. Get your fat ass out of here squeaks.
NEBRASKA IS BACK BITCH!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT