ADVERTISEMENT

This will probably be used to end football....even though his team didn’t play.

Why is there any assumption he or anyone else for that matter was careless and doing something that led them to become infected?
If it turns out he was infected with Covid, we know it didn’t happen on the field. So he got it doing something else. And why are you assuming it was something careless? I didn’t see that word used at all in @TampaBaySkers post at all.

Man, this isn’t rocket science.

Wow you completely missed PC’s point. Had he been a part of a structured
football program (practice, weight, film etc), he may of not been out doing activities that led to him being infected.
Looks to me like I completely got the point. You and PC are blaming a lack of football for leading to choices that elevated the risk of getting COVID.

Still think it's a crap excuse; not much less idiotic than the folks that think players will get COVID and die by playing.

There's a whole slew of guys whose eligibility was done after last season that are no longer playing football. If any of them die of COVID, I guess you can blame it on a lack of structure due to not being part of a football program anymore.

not sure why some find this to be so complicated

Probably because you're being a freaking moron about it.

We know the wuflu rarely kills healthy people. And the vast majority of isn't serious.

We also know health doesn't play as much of a role with gunshots as where you get shot. And the vast majority are serious.

NoT sUrE WhY ThIs Is So CoMpLiCaTeD.

Quit being a disingenuous turd.

Probably because you're being a freaking moron about it.

We know the wuflu rarely kills healthy people. And the vast majority of isn't serious.

We also know health doesn't play as much of a role with gunshots as where you get shot. And the vast majority are serious.

NoT sUrE WhY ThIs Is So CoMpLiCaTeD.

Quit being a disingenuous turd.
Found his way into another punch bowl, I see...

Looks to me like I completely got the point. You and PC are blaming a lack of football for leading to choices that elevated the risk of getting COVID.

Still think it's a crap excuse; not much less idiotic than the folks that think players will get COVID and die by playing.

There's a whole slew of guys whose eligibility was done after last season that are no longer playing football. If any of them die of COVID, I guess you can blame it on a lack of structure due to not being part of a football program anymore.

Nice try. Go reread your idiotic post. PC’s post went well over your head, and you’re trying to recover.

The first covid cases at Power 5 schools went over fairly smoothly. It took a bit to ramp up to shutting down team activities and the like.

This will probably blow over in a similar manner, it wasn't even Power 5 (for visibility purposes).

If it turns out he was infected with Covid, we know it didn’t happen on the field. So he got it doing something else. And why are you assuming it was something careless? I didn’t see that word used at all in @TampaBaySkers post at all.

Man, this isn’t rocket science.
Bump for @jlb321... you do this all the time. Whenever someone posts something that you can use their own words against them you do a victory lap and tell all your friends about it. Well, both friends, I guess...

Why did you add carelessly to @TampaBaySkers post when he never used the word?

Bump for @jlb321... you do this all the time. Whenever someone posts something that you can use their own words against them you do a victory lap and tell all your friends about it. Well, both friends, I guess...

Why did you add carelessly to @TampaBaySkers post when he never used the word?

"Why is there any assumption he or anyone else for that matter was careless and doing something that led them to become infected?"

Oh I thought assumptions were fair game, no?

he confirmed my statement with his response a few posts later

thank you for your concern

warmest regards,
jlb321

"Why is there any assumption he or anyone else for that matter was careless and doing something that led them to become infected?"

warmest regards,
jlb321

That’s all you have are assumptions.. zero facts. I was pointing fun at your ignorance. You have the sharpness of a 2019 Biden.

Nice try. Go reread your idiotic post. PC’s post went well over your head, and you’re trying to recover.
PC's post: "If they had continued football, his life choices may have been different and maybe he does not get it and is still alive..... "

I interpret that as PC believing that if Cal U continued football, this kid makes different choices, and maybe doesn't get sick. Not sure what it is that you think I'm missing.

Looks to me like I get his point perfectly, and that I just happen to disagree, and that you're just poopy pants about it.

Cal U is 7,500 students. Most of them don't need or have 10-15 football coaches barking at them during a pandemic to be smart, and yet most of them still won't catch COVID. I'm getting tired if hearing about how these players are going to get sick because they don't have football to stay disciplined. Time to grow up and learn some self-responsibility, perhaps. Trade Cal U for Nebraska if you want, but the point still stands.

The dude was at a Division II school. They don't spend the night in a hotel the night before home games. They eat at the dining hall like everyone else. Some even have non-football playing roommates. Those schools don't have the money to test players 3 times a week. They're not in the same bubble that Division I guys are in.

Last but not least, just because he caught COVID doesn't mean he made bad decisions, or that it wasn't from something he'd have been doing even if they had football right now. My son is at Concordia. He tested positive last week. He isn't old enough to go to a bar, and he isn't a partier. Therefore, it is likely he caught it from his roommate, girlfriend, or someone in class, which are the kind of people football players tend to be around, even if they have football.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

warmest regards,
jlb321
He confirmed nothing. As usual, you are avoiding the question. Par for the course.

If his life took such a downward turn because he didn't have football for 2 months, then he was going to be in a world of hurt very soon, as it is highly unlikely that he has football beyond college if he is at a Division II school.

In other words, blaming a football shutdown for life choices is a crap excuse.
Well blaming it was football that caused it is certainly dumber given HE WAS NOT PLAYING FOOTBALL

Reactions: bshirt73
PC's post: "If they had continued football, his life choices may have been different and maybe he does not get it and is still alive..... "

I interpret that as PC believing that if Cal U continued football, this kid makes different choices, and maybe doesn't get sick. Not sure what it is that you think I'm missing.

Looks to me like I get his point perfectly, and that I just happen to disagree, and that you're just poopy pants about it.

Cal U is 7,500 students. Most of them don't need or have 10-15 football coaches barking at them during a pandemic to be smart, and yet most of them still won't catch COVID. I'm getting tired if hearing about how these players are going to get sick because they don't have football to stay disciplined. Time to grow up and learn some self-responsibility, perhaps. Trade Cal U for Nebraska if you want, but the point still stands.

The dude was at a Division II school. They don't spend the night in a hotel the night before home games. They eat at the dining hall like everyone else. Some even have non-football playing roommates. Those schools don't have the money to test players 3 times a week. They're not in the same bubble that Division I guys are in.

Last but not least, just because he caught COVID doesn't mean he made bad decisions, or that it wasn't from something he'd have been doing even if they had football right now. My son is at Concordia. He tested positive last week. He isn't old enough to go to a bar, and he isn't a partier. Therefore, it is likely he caught it from his roommate, girlfriend, or someone in class, which are the kind of people football players tend to be around, even if they have football.
Geezus man calm down

Exactly he us always assuming and full assumptions. Then calls someone out for the same thing. He is nothing more than a troll with no credibility.
That’s all you have are assumptions.. zero facts. I was pointing fun at your ignorance. You have the sharpness of a 2019 Biden.
im not sure who is less sharp. Biden or Trump
Biden might forget some stuff
Trump says things we all wished we could forget

Reactions: BB73
almost all diseases or injuries have worse outcomes if the patient has significant underlying health issues

if a police officer gets tragically shot people aren't demanding to know more about his/her health history in order to opine if their outcome might have been better if they were just a bit healthier at baseline
When the cause of death is publicly stated as COVID, we have a right to question. If he was otherwise healthy, and the cause of death was COVID, it might change my decision to let my son play.

When the cause of death is publicly stated as COVID, we have a right to question. If he was otherwise healthy, and the cause of death was COVID, it might change my decision to let my son play.
The individual in question is listed on the Cal U roster as 6'3" and 355 lbs., and at the same time would be presumed to be healthy by many folks because he was playing football.

This isn't directed at you, but it seems like people on both sides of the argument seem to take positions that best fits their narrative of the hour.

I tend to look at it this way; unless the person was likely to die within the next 2-4 weeks anyways, COVID was a significant cause of death.

I tend to look at it this way; unless the person was likely to die within the next 2-4 weeks anyways, COVID was a significant cause of death.

Mr. Stephens’ death was initially believed to be from COVID-19 complications, according to a Facebook post Tuesday from Central Catholic. But on Wednesday, the school said it “mistakenly attributed his death without official confirmation on cause” and apologized for the error.

That's a very accurate assessment of our current situation. It's very possible both running won't be alive in 2024. Need to raise the bar when it comes to leadership in the country

Agree. How these two idiots are the best America has is comical. Hopefully one day we can add a few more parties as well. This two party thing is for the birds and our founders lets us know one day it would rip the country apart.

The individual in question is listed on the Cal U roster as 6'3" and 355 lbs., and at the same time would be presumed to be healthy by many folks because he was playing football.

This isn't directed at you, but it seems like people on both sides of the argument seem to take positions that best fits their narrative of the hour.

What about six weeks Dr?

I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me how this young man’s tragic death has anything - at all - to do with football.

He happened to be a football player, and he MAY have died from Covid. The two aren’t connected at all.

Agree. How these two idiots are the best America has is comical. Hopefully one day we can add a few more parties as well. This two party thing is for the birds and our founders lets us know one day it would rip the country apart.

One prefers the nipples of 8 year old girls. The other sends more idiotic tweets than me after a night of drinking.

Another giant douche vs turd sandwich election.

Mr. Stephens’ death was initially believed to be from COVID-19 complications, according to a Facebook post Tuesday from Central Catholic. But on Wednesday, the school said it “mistakenly attributed his death without official confirmation on cause” and apologized for the error.
Yes sir, I saw that. I read that as not official confirmation. Not a "yes" or "no" to COVID.

Either way, I stand by my last point. I know very active people over 65 that are a long ways from dying that still have a health issue that increases their fatality risk with this virus.

Reactions: gw2kpro
a person is only fatally shot if they die
some traumas are going to be universally fatal

for those that survive the initial resuscitation and make it to the ICU - underlying health conditions play a large role in subsequent survival and long term health challenges

not sure why some find this to be so complicated
Serious question.....are you just a contrarian? I mean, do you argue everything just to argue?

Like if someone asks you if you want toast for breakfast, do you argue that it isn't really toast, but rather bread that has just been altered. Toast doesn't exist.

One prefers the nipples of 8 year old girls. The other sends more idiotic tweets than me after a night of drinking.

Another giant douche vs turd sandwich election.
Sounds like you're talking about Trump on both accounts. The man did hang with Epstein, after all.

Biden wouldn't be my first choice on that side, but a video where he may or may not be smelling a girl's head is hardly proof of being a pedophile.

It has less to do with structure and more to do with his location. There is still a chance he would have contracted the virus if he was at school and if he was playing football. The point is that if he was at school and playing football, he would not have been in direct contact with the exact person that transmitted the virus to him.

Don't make it more than it is.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Yes sir, I saw that. I read that as not official confirmation. Not a "yes" or "no" to COVID.

Either way, I stand by my last point. I know very active people over 65 that are a long ways from dying that still have a health issue that increases their fatality risk with this virus.
The fatality risk for those same people would be higher no matter what virus or other disease they contract, infectious or otherwise. The question is whether that increased risk constitutes a public health crisis where everyone is expected to make sacrifices and do their part for the greater good to save those people, or if it is an individual health issue where the individual is expected to protect themselves. I don’t know the answer to that, but considering that something like 99.9% of the population will survive this pandemic, it is reasonable to understand why some may be questioning to what level this should be considered a public health crisis.

Reactions: OzzyLvr and timnsun
Sounds like you're talking about Trump on both accounts. The man did hang with Epstein, after all.

Biden wouldn't be my first choice on that side, but a video where he may or may not be smelling a girl's head is hardly proof of being a pedophile.

I assume you haven’t watched the Biden nipple video. Give it a watch. See it changes your mind at all.

I assume you haven’t watched the Biden nipple video. Give it a watch. See it changes your mind at all.
Let's look at the situation:

Biden fondles a little girl's nipple in the same room that her dad is in, and yet not a peep out of the dad or anyone else in the room about it in the 5 years since it happened. Seems to me one of two possible things is at play here.

A. The video is fake or manipulated in some way
B. The dad is so in the tank for Biden, 5 years before Biden decided that he was going to run for president (this "incident" was from 2015), that he is willing to accept Biden's groping of his young daughter, and neither he nor anyone else in the room has ever said a thing about it this entire time.

Never mind the fact checkers and such, with their actual video and un-doctored photography, or the fact that the "nipple" video originated from a satire website. I wonder which of these scenarios seems more likely.

SMH

GBR

Let's look at the situation:

Biden fondles a little girl's nipple in the same room that her dad is in, and yet not a peep out of the dad or anyone else in the room about it in the 5 years since it happened. Seems to me one of two possible things is at play here.

A. The video is fake or manipulated in some way
B. The dad is so in the tank for Biden, 5 years before Biden decided that he was going to run for president (this "incident" was from 2015), that he is willing to accept Biden's groping of his young daughter, and neither he nor anyone else in the room has ever said a thing about it this entire time.

Never mind the fact checkers and such, with their actual video and un-doctored photography, or the fact that the "nipple" video originated from a satire website. I wonder which of these scenarios seems more likely.

SMH

GBR

Oh the classic fake video excuse. Can you just admit Biden and Trump are both creepy guys? One has been nominated for a peace prize though... while the other has been a career politician with a sketchy past.

Oh the classic fake video excuse. Can you just admit Biden and Trump are both creepy guys? One has been nominated for a peace prize though... while the other has been a career politician with a sketchy past.
If you want to convince people that Biden likes little girls, then maybe use actual evidence of a real situation. Fake video or not, the fact that not one person that was there has raised holy hell about it in 5 years, including the girl's parents, tells me that the video either isn't real, or doesn't depict what you think it does.

Maybe they just haven't seen it in all this time, huh?

Last edited:
Once again, a 5-year old "incident" with exactly zero people that were in the room speaking out about the incident at any time during the past 5 years, including the kid's parents. But I'm sure they've never seen the video, right? I guess sound reasoning eludes some people.

If you want to convince people that Biden likes little girls, then maybe use actual evidence of a real situation, not your interpretation of a video of an incident that zero people that were there have spoken out on, including the girl's parents.

I also haven't said one word about Trump in our discussion.
Not sure if you know how the real world works in the realm of politics. First off, what point is there in sharing the video 5 years ago? Biden wasn’t running for president, didn’t receive the democratic nomination, and wasn’t a threat to anyone.

That’s a classic case of holding on to something and playing it only when it is needed. This stuff happens all the time. Video/audio is leaked at the worst possible time EVERY SINGLE ELECTION CYCLE. It’s called politics.

Why didn’t the dad say something? I have no idea. Why didn’t the gal who called Kavanaugh a predator speak up before his nomination to the Supreme Court? What happened to her happened decades ago. I didn’t see you here at that time defending Kavanaugh.

Now you know how politics work.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Not sure if you know how the real world works in the realm of politics. First off, what point is there in sharing the video 5 years ago? Biden wasn’t running for president, didn’t receive the democratic nomination, and wasn’t a threat to anyone.

That’s a classic case of holding on to something and playing it only when it is needed. This stuff happens all the time. Video/audio is leaked at the worst possible time EVERY SINGLE ELECTION CYCLE. It’s called politics.

Why didn’t the dad say something? I have no idea. Why didn’t the gal who called Kavanaugh a predator speak up before his nomination to the Supreme Court? What happened to her happened decades ago. I didn’t see you here at that time defending Kavanaugh.

Now you know how politics work.
No, he wasn't running for anything, but wasn't Biden the VP, and President of the Senate, in 2015? He still had 2 more years in office if my math is correct. Maybe you don't agree, but I think it would be a big deal if the sitting VP groped a girl on camera. Hell, did any Republicans in Congress even raise the issue? That sure as hell would have happened.

Don't be dense. The reason not a single person among the 11 or so people in that ceremony not named Joe Biden has brought the incident up, despite there being video, is because they know that Biden didn't do anything like that.

I'm not going to even address your Kavanaugh remark it is so not relevant.

GBR

Last edited:
No, he wasn't running for anything, but wasn't Biden the VP, and President of the Senate, in 2015? He still had 2 more years in office if my math is correct. Maybe you don't agree, but I think it would be a big deal if the sitting VP groped a girl on camera. Hell, did any Republicans in Congress even raise the issue?

Don't be dense. The reason not a single person among the 11 or so people in that ceremony not named Joe Biden has brought the incident up, despite there being video, is because they know that Biden didn't do anything like that.

I'm not going to even address your Kavanaugh remark it is so not relevant.

GBR
Fair enough. All I’m saying is it’s not against the realm of possibilities that this was held for something down the road. If Biden never runs, we never see the video. If Kavanaugh isn’t nominated, nothing is said about what might or might not have happened in college.

Not sure why it is so not relevant, but I guess in your world accusations against democrats must always be false, while accusations against republicans must be thoroughly checked out.

Or, maybe, it’s called politics. Like I said earlier.

Reactions: bshirt73
ADVERTISEMENT