ADVERTISEMENT

This tweet will get some haters riled up....

I like the positive publicity. But you could also ask whether Suh, Amukamara, and Lucky would have considered us without Callahan? Would Ameer, Gregory, Lavonte, and Rex considered Nebraska without Pelini? If we don't improve significantly on the field next year, recruiting won't get any easier. Winning is the most important thing, as Clemson showed by taking a recruit out of our backyard.

I like the positive publicity. But you could also ask whether Suh, Amukamara, and Lucky would have considered us without Callahan? Would Ameer, Gregory, Lavonte, and Rex considered Nebraska without Pelini? If we don't improve significantly on the field next year, recruiting won't get any easier. Winning is the most important thing, as Clemson showed by taking a recruit out of our backyard.
Yep. So glad we are winning enough games to take top talent out of Cali's back yard...

Were Nebraska, we have had big time recruits before with other coaches.

I want to see some top 100 lineman on defense.

My agenda is for Nebraska to win. That's my agenda. I don't care what the name of the coach is and never will...

I hope Riley is undefeated for the rest of his time here because that means Nebraska is winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tulsa Tom and k9_r
Yep. So glad we are winning enough games to take top talent out of Cali's back yard...

The point was that even Pelini and Callahan could bring in a handful of stud recruits. But that didn't translate into enough wins. It easy to sell hope in Year One. If Riley has another bad year, will these recruits lose interest? Callahan had a great class going after a good 2006 season, but recruits started jumping ship pretty quickly when we started losing again in 2007.

I'd say that we are also fortunate that USC is a mess right now and that they keep hiring incompetent coaches.

The point was that even Pelini and Callahan could bring in a handful of stud recruits. But that didn't translate into enough wins. It easy to sell hope in Year One. If Riley has another bad year, will these recruits lose interest? Callahan had a great class going after a good 2006 season, but recruits started jumping ship pretty quickly when we started losing again in 2007.

I'd say that we are also fortunate that USC is a mess right now and that they keep hiring incompetent coaches.
Fair point... but as has been seen in other threads, even highly touted players in our own back yard under Osborne went elsewhere. We have never batted 1.000 when it comes to recruiting. There are always those years where the big one close to home got away. That's why it's huge that we can pull in big talent elsewhere...

I agree next year will be a big year, and judging by projections from Calabassas, it's gonna start early, which is exactly what we need.

My agenda is for Nebraska to win. That's my agenda. I don't care what the name of the coach is and never will...

I hope Riley is undefeated for the rest of his time here because that means Nebraska is winning.
th

The point was that even Pelini and Callahan could bring in a handful of stud recruits.

Not a surprise but you actually missed the point of the tweet. Every single one he mentioned is a "oh shit, I need to pay attention to Nebraska" type recruit. As in, they bring immediate credibility to the recruiting process.

You've really struggled with your posts lately, I hope everything is okay with you. And I say that with 110% sincerity.

Adam Gorney ‏@adamgorneyYou think Lamar Jackson, Keyshawn Jr., Darnay Holmes and others would consider #Nebraska #GBR if Mike Riley & staff weren't there? No way.
I am not sure what Gorney is suggesting - I would hope that whatever coach we have good players would want to come here to play for them. I think you could say the same thing about every recruit.

This thing especially if from a rivals guy seems to be an attempt to start exactly the kind of discussion the original poster in this thread started - Its designed to antagonize -

I am glad these players like Riley but there are some others that maybe don't share the same thought and go elsewhere

People in the know understand Riley and his staff are for real and players want to be N.

ADVERTISEMENT