ADVERTISEMENT

This team looks soft

AngryHusker88

Walk On
Feb 5, 2011
This team has no fight because the head coach is soft & has no fight. Nebraska football is an embarrassment considering the amount of money being put into it. I am disgusted with the product being put on the field.

Reactions: HuskerMB
This team is soft because the former staff has left the cupboard bare. There are so many holes on this team it's unbelievable. This team needs play makers.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
I never wanted to be an Oregon state fan
This team is soft because the former staff has left the cupboard bare. There are so many holes on this team it's unbelievable. This team needs play makers.
NM. I'm done fighting this fight on this board

Our defensive talent is the lowest I've ever seen in all my years watching the Huskers. Pelini's lack of recruiting is killing us this year. For being a defensive guru, he sucked at bringing in defensive talent, and it shows this year. Even if Bo were here this year, we would see similar results to what we're seeing right now. We need an injection of defensive talent stat.

It's some of both. Pelini didn't recruit enough quality depth particuarly at linebacker and defensive end. Meanwhile Banker's coverage philosophies look like garbage. These exacerbate each other: can't cover, but can't get pressure on the QB to help it at all. Can't cover long enough to get a coverage sack.

My distane for the previous staff is well know. But their ineptitude doesn't excuse this crapshown in any way. We are totally flat and are being destroyed by a pretty mediocre team.

Soft. Soft is getting shredded by a Miami team that will likely fire their coach at the end of the season.

Our defensive talent is the lowest I've ever seen in all my years watching the Huskers. Pelini's lack of recruiting is killing us this year. For being a defensive guru, he sucked at bringing in defensive talent, and it shows this year. Even if Bo were here this year, we would see similar results to what we're seeing right now. We need an injection of defensive talent stat.

Word. Just wait until Riley and Banker get their kind of players like they had at Beaver State.

Then conference championships will roll into Lincoln, just like they did in Corvallis.

Great response.
Better than simply saying, "The cupboard is bare" after we popped this team pretty good last year. The lost a 1600 yards rusher off that team and are still ripping us.

32nd last year in pass defense, 119th after the first two games this year. This team has talent. Eichorst bought a .500 career staff. Get used to it.

And you would be wrong. Only on this board does anyone rave about our talent.

This team has no fight because the head coach is soft & has no fight. Nebraska football is an embarrassment considering the amount of money being put into it. I am disgusted with the product being put on the field.
I'm not sure Banker is gonna get it done. Certainly unfolding like I was affraid it would

if you're always in man to man, then shouldn't there be some semblance of pressure?

If this game was played at 20 degrees with a stiff wind we would be kicking Miami's ass

Soft. Soft is getting shredded by a Miami team that will likely fire their coach at the end of the season.

What's the difference? Bo's defense would have been run on all day. And who is the guy that recruited the players that left Daniel Davie a starter? That's correct....your sack of crap Bo Pelini. That loser will impact our team for close to 10 years before it's all said and done.

What's the difference? Bo's defense would have been run on all day. And who is the guy that recruited the players that left Daniel Davie a starter? That's correct....your sack of crap Bo Pelini. That loser will impact our team for close to 10 years before it's all said and done.

Shows you how far off we are.

why dont we just blame George Bush while we are at it. your last statement is just so wrong

This staff has a crappy record in the 4-5 years and OSU was trying to boot some assistants including Banker - Instead we hire em give them raises and expect different results. These coaches in stead of counting their lucky stars and looking at things as a fresh start and re-examine their coaching and schemes take NU's hiring as validation that their schemes are solid - and so we are here

It will be a miracle imo if we even go to bowl this year

why dont we just blame George Bush while we are at it. your last statement is just so wrong

This staff has a crappy record in the 4-5 years and OSU was trying to boot some assistants including Banker - Instead we hire em give them raises and expect different results. These coaches in stead of counting their lucky stars and looking at things as a fresh start and re-examine their coaching and schemes take NU's hiring as validation that their schemes are solid - and so we are here

It will be a miracle imo if we even go to bowl this year

Instead of saying your comment about Bush being apples and oranges, which it is, I'll just say this....who is the guy that is ultimately responsible for Daniel Davie being one of our starting CBs? Who is responsible for us having to start a true freshman LB? Jack Gangwish being a starter? Byerson C. being a starter? Bo Pelini's defenses will be in record books of ineptitude for quite some time.

If you really want to lump all of this on Banker, you're just not being fair. I'm not sold on him either, but Bo is just as responsible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT