ADVERTISEMENT

This silence is getting deafening

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
Yes I'm sure there's a lot of moving pieces going on in this wacky season right now but I didn't think we'd go past Monday without OC announced

'These pretzels are making me thirsty!"
These pretzels are making ME thirsty
seinfeld-pretzels.gif

Last edited:
So announce the Army OC and let him coach game. If it is him... it really makes no sense to me. Who will be the real OC? The army guy doesn’t know Jack about a spread passing game. This tells me Frost will retain play calling....and if so... why did we fire the whole offensive staff again?

So announce the Army OC and let him coach game. If it is him... it really makes no sense to me. Who will be the real OC? The army guy doesn’t know Jack about a spread passing game. This tells me Frost will retain play calling....and if so... why did we fire the whole offensive staff again?

Frost would call plays and be the real OC. Davis would have input in the running game, Joseph in the passing game. Wouldn't make sense to totally change the offensive system in a must win season.

I would say the reasons to change coaches would be massive upgrades to the coaches. Mickey, Brown, Davis are all hard nosed, detail oriented, proven position coaches. And the biggest plus would be adding a full-time ST coach. Should have been done a long time ago.

Only other option was to fire himself.

Yes. I thought one of the reasons we fired the offensive staff before the season was over is so we could get these positions filled lickety split

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Trev basically came out and said SF needs to be more of a CEO type of coach. That would most likely mean giving up play calling and being less involved on that side of the ball. Now I would guess that was a stipulation on SF being retained as head coach. I highly doubt he's gonna turn around and do what it sounds like Trev told him he wasn't going to do (call plays)... Nobody knows any of this shit. Just spew it on the scrolls and get a rise out of everyone.

Was told he was letting go of the play calling duties... now he’s not? Whatever... one year is all he’s got. Guess we will know soon enough.
Do we know for certain that Scott has one year to get shit in gear?

Yes I'm sure there's a lot of moving pieces going on in this wacky season right now but I didn't think we'd go past Monday without OC announced
Somebody had to back out and it became scramble mode which trev’s comments make sense if that is the case. Silly with signing day so close

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Somebody had to back out and it became scramble mode which trev’s comments make sense if that is the case. Silly with signing day so close
I don't know. I would think it would be easier to get an OC that's actually going to have control of offense rather than having head coach with last say on play calling.

Maybe you're referring to something else Trev said

Maybe Frost wants to run Army's triple option offense.

Yes. I thought one of the reasons we fired the offensive staff before the season was over is so we could get these positions filled lickety split
well IF we had waited until after the Iowa game we wouldn't have been able to sign Micky for another week and a half. I think it has worked okay given that we were ready to hire someone when all of the dominoes starting tumbling. Trev said just last week that they were going to take their time and make sure they got the hire right. I would say that there are some good options out there but I would bet it's going to take a million+ and a 2 year guarantee at least for the OC.

He also said look for announcements Wednesday at the soonest and Friday at the latest.
FWIW, Sean Callahan said on the Husker Buzz on 1110 KFAB at 5:10 pm today, Monday the 6th that we interviewed 3 guys that he knows in this past 2 days. Several of our candidates were coaching in Saturday championship games so that it would have been inappropriate to formally interview them before that was done. This deal is getting close to done. People need to not get their panties in a wad. IF we're interviewing guys who were involved in conference championship games, that makes me think we're targeting some good candidates. Anae could still be in play but you cover all your bases before you make a hire like this.

Reactions: WHCSC
That would be the negative way to view things. Unlike Eichorst, Trev didn't just call up Barry Alvarez and ask him who we should hire. We are interviewing multiple candidates some of whom coached in conference championship games over the weekend.

Trev basically came out and said SF needs to be more of a CEO type of coach. That would most likely mean giving up play calling and being less involved on that side of the ball. Now I would guess that was a stipulation on SF being retained as head coach. I highly doubt he's gonna turn around and do what it sounds like Trev told him he wasn't going to do (call plays)... Nobody knows any of this shit. Just spew it on the scrolls and get a rise out of everyone.
except Frost doesn't really want to give up the play calling and such.. you have to remember Frost is very stubborn and wants to be like his hero Tom. Tom called the plays and was successful, so Scott is going to do the same.

He will beg, plead, say whatever he has to, to avoid getting fired, but the reality is, he's the same coach with the same mindset and Trev wanted to reduce the buyout, so all that fringe stuff is just that.

Buyout reduced, Scott retained for a year, and that is all that was gained by either party.

Next year is Scott's make or break season.

Something to consider, Scott has gone from whipping boy to hero once before as a player. Can he do it again, as a coach?

We're about to find out.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT