ADVERTISEMENT

this looked like a clean block

If that's not a clean block, then might as well get rid of linemen and pads and go to 7 on 7 flag football and save a lot of effort and expense.
I just mentioned it cause I seen a few comments on another board that he got cheap shotted..and looked to take him out....which seems clearly false

I wish I could find a clip of the iowa player letting our rush end run right on thru...looking the other way, reminded me of a couple plays of ours in the past

It looked clean to this Hawk. Not sure what happened? It almost looked like Washingtons face mask might have slipped up under Coopers and gave him a shot to the jaw?

It looked clean to this Hawk. Not sure what happened? It almost looked like Washingtons face mask might have slipped up under Coopers and gave him a shot to the jaw?
perhaps, the tv angle looked pretty clean like it was shoulder to shoulder..I'm sure that iowa player been in alot more violent colisions..some times I notice it's not when the playerget hit but when his head hit the ground he gets dizzy. but he went pretty stiff right away...did the iowa player say what caused it?

Reactions: headcard
Clean block. Look, no one likes getting blindsided, but you have to keep your head on a swivel out there. If you are a daydreaming johnny and get knocked on your ass, that's on you. Hope the player was not seriously injured. It is a game, after all.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Saw his parents posted on Twitter that he was fine and eating dinner with them after the game.

That was probably the biggest play of the game as he is Iowa's best and fastest cover corner and he also handles punt returns. See Palmer being wide open and muffed punts from Iowa.

Saw his parents posted on Twitter that he was fine and eating dinner with them after the game.

That was probably the biggest play of the game as he is Iowa's best and fastest cover corner and he also handles punt returns. See Palmer being wide open and muffed punts from Iowa.
Glad to hear he's doing well. Perspective (health above wins) is important.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Keep in mind that it's entirely possible he could've had his bell rung earlier to weaken the stem before receiving this hit which finished the job. Not saying that's what necessarily happened but concussions are finicky and hits like this happen a lot without this result. Heard he's feeling better

Reactions: Pete Malloy
Clean block. Look, no one likes getting blindsided, but you have to keep your head on a swivel out there. If you are a daydreaming johnny and get knocked on your ass, that's on you. Hope the player was not seriously injured. It is a game, after all.
thats just it, it did'nt look like he got blindsided, washington was pretty much right in front of him
he musta had blinders on and tunnel vision.

Reactions: king_kong_
I just mentioned it cause I seen a few comments on another board that he got cheap shotted..and looked to take him out....which seems clearly false

I wish I could find a clip of the iowa player letting our rush end run right on thru...looking the other way, reminded me of a couple plays of ours in the past
They replayed this and I watched it a few times. Its amazing. Dude just stands there and looks to his left while our end goes by on the right.

thats just it, it did'nt look like he got blindsided, washington was pretty much right in front of him
he musta had blinders on and tunnel vision.
I thought the same thing. He was so focused on putting a hit on Palmer that he never saw Washington even though he was right in front of him.

Reactions: king_kong_
That block kinda looks like the hit that Crouch threw when he trucked that Iowa defender. I know Crouch was running the ball while Washington threw a block and if you go look at that truck of Crouch's, they look like the same hit with same result. LOL

That block kinda looks like the hit that Crouch threw when he trucked that Iowa defender. I know Crouch was running the ball while Washington threw a block and if you go look at that truck of Crouch's, they look like the same hit with same result. LOL
I thought the exact same thing when it happened live.

Reactions: Wyldcard
ADVERTISEMENT