ADVERTISEMENT

This is what should be REQUIRED of "Coach" Frost

Husker_AMG63

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 14, 2019
..... IMMEDIATELY! GIVE UP THE DAMN PLAY-CALLING and focus on the WHOLE TEAM! The reason we heard Lubick was brought in is because we were told that him and Frost had the same mindset of calling plays and philosophy. Frost said last year that in the last half of the season that he and Lubick split calls 50/50.

He also said during the spring that he would let Lubick call the plays this year and that he would ONLY step in to override if he sees something. Basically the same power every other head coach has. After the Illinois debacle when pressed by a reporter Scott said the other coaches had play input during the week, but that he CALLED EVERY single play that day.

There needs to be a press conference TODAY with Frost saying he is giving up play-calling to Lubick so that he can be the CEO and overlook the entire time with better emphasis on special teams. I think this maybe like a Charlton Heston "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" from the NRA type moment years ago...so you may have to wrangle the playbook from him, but it NEEDS to be done by force if necessary! I believe if he did this the team would improve immensely. If he doesn't in my opinion the locker room is gonna become real DIVISIVE quickly!

He doesn't need to FIRE ANYBODY....besides it's too late to try to buy time. He needs to let Lubick and Mario coach offense and Adrian. Give 30% of practice time ENTIRELY to Special Teams. Work with Austin and getting the line blocking going good with right players and Held on getting the schemes and RB's matched to the best of their abilities. Tell the coordinators to run whatever it takes to WIN and have NO FEAR OF FAILURE!

IF he does these things and progress is made ( WIN the majority of remaining schedule) then and ONLY THEN should he get a 5th year! If he refuses then let him make his bed and lie in it and fire him immediately with another bad lost. This team in my opinion has way too much talent not to win. We have guys running wide open and overthrown, under thrown or missed completely than at any point that I remember of the years. That tells me we have good route concepts. We have in my opinion 5-6 WR's and TE's minimum that wil get drafted to the NFL in the next 2 years. We are wasting their talent and being 2-3 is pathetic.

Stop throwing players under the bus Scott and take responsibility for the WHOLE DAMN TEAM and all your assistants....like a good CEO would!!! You are making $5 million a year and you letting the current and former players, alumni and fans down and embarrassing us nationwide every week in a different way. Do something!

Last edited:
Frost's ego is too big to give up control of the offense and play calling. He has said in the past they would share duties or Lubick would call the plays. Frost says one thing to the media and does the opposite behind closed doors.

Frost doesn't know how to take accountability. Look at how he handles post-game pressers compared to other coaches that are well known. It's always someone else's fault. "we had the right call, called." "we need to be player lead" and just a bunch of really stupid shit that doesn't work in today's world of college athletes. Saban is a ball buster and so many other great coaches are as well.

Speculation on the radio was that they Weren’t sure Scott is actually calling the plays. He has final say, but I think lubick has more say than most think.

Reactions: dinglefritz
..... IMMEDIATELY! GIVE UP THE DAMN PLAY-CALLING and focus on the WHOLE TEAM! The reason we heard Lubick was brought in is because we were told that him and Frost had the same mindset of calling plays and philosophy. Frost said last year that in the last half of the season that he and Lubick split calls 50/50. He also said during the spring that he would let Lubick call the plays this year and that he would ONLY step in to override if he sees something. Basically the same power every other head coach has.

There needs to be a press conference TODAY with Frost saying he is giving up play-calling to Lubick so that he can be the CEO and overlook the entire time with better emphasis on special teams. I think this maybe like a Charlton Heston "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" from the NRA type moment years ago...so you may have to wrangle the playbook from him, but it NEEDS to be done by force if necessary! I believe if he did this the team would improve immensely. If he doesn't in my opinion the locker room is gonna become real DIVISIVE quickly!

He doesn't need to FIRE ANYBODY....besides it's too late to try to buy time. He needs to let Lubick and Mario coach offense and Adrian. Give 30% of practice time ENTIRELY to Special Teams. Work with Austin and getting the line blocking going good with right players and Held on getting the schemes and RB's matched to the best of their abilities. Tell the coordinators to run whatever it takes to WIN and have NO FEAR OF FAILURE!

IF he does these things and progress is made ( WIN the majority of remaining schedule) then and ONLY THEN should he get a 5th year! If he refuses then let him make his bed and lie in it and fire him immediately with another bad lost. This team in my opinion has way too much talent not to win. We have guys running wide open and overthrown, under thrown or missed completely than at any point that I remember of the years. That tells me we have good route concepts. We have in my opinion 5-6 WR's and TE's minimum that wil get drafted to the NFL in the next 2 years. We are wasting their talent and being 2-3 is pathetic.

Stop throwing players under the bus Scott and take responsibility for the WHOLE DAMN TEAM and all your assistants....like a good CEO would!!! You are making $5 million a year and you letting the current and former players, alumni and fans down and embarrassing us nationwide every week in a different way. Do something!
I don't understand the throwing players under the bus statement. You need to hold players accountable and there is no where for anybody to hide by now. When you can't run or pass block consistently, nothing is going to work on offense against most power 5 teams.

..... IMMEDIATELY! GIVE UP THE DAMN PLAY-CALLING and focus on the WHOLE TEAM! The reason we heard Lubick was brought in is because we were told that him and Frost had the same mindset of calling plays and philosophy. Frost said last year that in the last half of the season that he and Lubick split calls 50/50. He also said during the spring that he would let Lubick call the plays this year and that he would ONLY step in to override if he sees something. Basically the same power every other head coach has.

Comedy

Frost's ego is too big to give up control of the offense and play calling. He has said in the past they would share duties or Lubick would call the plays. Frost says one thing to the media and does the opposite behind closed doors.

Frost doesn't know how to take accountability. Look at how he handles post-game pressers compared to other coaches that are well known. It's always someone else's fault. "we had the right call, called." "we need to be player lead" and just a bunch of really stupid shit that doesn't work in today's world of college athletes. Saban is a ball buster and so many other great coaches are as well.

That maybe true, but at least you giving him an option to either SWIM or go down with the sinking ship.

So in other words all is fine in your eyes and just let Soctt call the plays and everything will be perfect right?? I get sick in tired of you dudes who come on posts with no opinions, facts, ideas or opinions.

Just like lil toddlers pointing at the fridge or their diaper. You don't have to comment on my post especially if you still have zero insight.

We have the WORST ST unit in the country fool! Bo Pelini took over special teams in 2014 and the unit was ranked NUMBER 1 in the country that year! That's punting, kicking, coverage and returns......NUMBER 1!

Just imagine if we had a Top 20 Special Teams unit, the team would either be 5-1 or 6-0! The whole narrative would be different right now. I guess you sunshine pumpers don't think Lubick can get us 20 points calling the plays...

..... IMMEDIATELY! GIVE UP THE DAMN PLAY-CALLING and focus on the WHOLE TEAM! The reason we heard Lubick was brought in is because we were told that him and Frost had the same mindset of calling plays and philosophy. Frost said last year that in the last half of the season that he and Lubick split calls 50/50.

He also said during the spring that he would let Lubick call the plays this year and that he would ONLY step in to override if he sees something. Basically the same power every other head coach has. After the Illinois debacle when pressed by a reporter Scott said the other coaches had play input during the week, but that he CALLED EVERY single play that day.

Sorry, it's not the play calling that is the problem. It's the inability to instill mental discipline on the team and stop the mistakes. That's it.

These are YOUR players. If they aren't/can't do what you want then you have to coach them better. Or admit you picked the wrong guys.

I don't understand the throwing players under the bus statement. You need to hold players accountable and there is no where for anybody to hide by now. When you can't run or pass block consistently, nothing is going to work on offense against most power 5 teams.
Holding all players accountable is NOT SF's forte. Just 2 recent examples: Cam gets 2 15 yard penalties and has not missed a snap. Saturday nigh Deontre has the bonehead 15 penalty called and you bet your ass he was on the bench the next snap.

You can't do that shit with these kids. It separates those who who are permitted to make mistakes with those who make a mistake and are benched, regardless if it's one play or longer.

That issue has cooked many a coaches goose. (For the old timers).

Reactions: huntered
Holding all players accountable is NOT SF's forte. Just 2 recent examples: Cam gets 2 15 yard penalties and has not missed a snap. Saturday nigh Deontre has the bonehead 15 penalty called and you bet your ass he was on the bench the next snap.

You can't do that shit with these kids. It separates those who who are permitted to make mistakes with those who make a mistake and are benched, regardless if it's one play or longer.

Ehhh, nah.

The idea that all players should be treated the same is not realistic and frankly, not smart.

Better players/more important players are treated differently.

Think of it like coaching 10 year olds...and one of the kids sucks and messes up all the time BUT his mom is super hot and freshly divorced. That kid is playing, no matter what.

So in other words all is fine in your eyes and just let Soctt call the plays and everything will be perfect right?? I get sick in tired of you dudes who come on posts with no opinions, facts, ideas or opinions.

Just like lil toddlers pointing at the fridge or their diaper. You don't have to comment on my post especially if you still have zero insight.

We have the WORST ST unit in the country fool! Bo Pelini took over special teams in 2014 and the unit was ranked NUMBER 1 in the country that year! That's punting, kicking, coverage and returns......NUMBER 1!

Just imagine if we had a Top 20 Special Teams unit, the team would either be 5-1 or 6-0! The whole narrative would be different right now. I guess you sunshine pumpers don't think Lubick can get us 20 points calling the plays...
The Scott Frost lovers simply don't get it.

Sorry, it's not the play calling that is the problem. It's the inability to instill mental discipline on the team and stop the mistakes. That's it.
I'm sorry, but you need to re-read my post. I'm not saying play calling is the major problem. I'm saying he can't focus on the units of the team, problems and game day coaching if he is so damn worried bout calling the next play!

How many times has Frost over the last 4 years stood at the podium in front reporters after the game in which their was a Special Teams touhdown return or blunder and literally said "I don't know what happened because I was talking to the offense who just came off the field"??!

It's EMBARRASSING for a HEAD coach to say he doesn't have a clue what's going on with HIS TEAM.

Now if you saying that matter what he does he is still going to be incompetent then he needs to be fired right now! I hope that's not the case...

Reactions: cecilB
I'm sorry, but you need to re-read my post. I'm not saying play calling is the major problem. I'm saying he can't focus on the units of the team, problems and game day coaching if he is so damn worried bout calling the next play!

How many times has Frost over the last 4 years stood at the podium in front reporters after the game in which their was a Special Teams touhdown return or blunder and literally said "I don't know what happened because I was talking to the offense who just came off the field"??!

It's EMBARRASSING for a HEAD coach to say he doesn't have a clue what's going on with HIS TEAM.

Now if you saying that matter what he does he is still going to be incompetent then he needs to be fired right now! I hope that's not the case...
But discipline just doesn't come from what's done during a game, it's part of the total culture including how the practices are run. Remember Osborne called the plays and basically was the QB coach, all during the game, and he had team discipline.

Ehhh, nah.

The idea that all players should be treated the same is not realistic and frankly, not smart.

Better players/more important players are treated differently.

Think of it like coaching 10 year olds...and one of the kids sucks and messes up all the time BUT his mom is super hot and freshly divorced. That kid is playing, no matter what.
I supposed if you're coaching Little League. In competitive sports, not so much. A hot Mom with a helluva player was an added bonus.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I supposed if you're coaching Little League. In competitive sports, not so much. A hot Mom with a helluva player was an added bonus.
In competitive sports it is even harder to take out your best players...the opposite is true as well...it is super hard to put in that "Timmy Tryhard" player that sucks, even for a play.

I think you treat every player differently. That’s what I always told the team. I’m going to be very consistent—I’m going to treat every one of you differently. I said, the harder you work, the more you do what I ask you to do and—the key—the better performer you are, then you’ve got more leeway and I’m going to cut you some slack. If you don’t work hard, and you don’t do what I ask you to do, and you’re not a good player, you’ve got no leeway so I don’t cut you any slack, but that’s how I treat you. Now, I expect everybody to work, I expect everybody to do what I ask them to do, meet all the guidelines, so a player like that, I’d want him in training camp but I’d let him out of drills or I’d let him out of practices to make sure they didn’t get beat up, but I’d want them there
- Jimmy Johnson

In competitive sports it is even harder to take out your best players...the opposite is true as well...it is super hard to put in that "Timmy Tryhard" player that sucks, even for a play.

I think you treat every player differently. That’s what I always told the team. I’m going to be very consistent—I’m going to treat every one of you differently. I said, the harder you work, the more you do what I ask you to do and—the key—the better performer you are, then you’ve got more leeway and I’m going to cut you some slack. If you don’t work hard, and you don’t do what I ask you to do, and you’re not a good player, you’ve got no leeway so I don’t cut you any slack, but that’s how I treat you. Now, I expect everybody to work, I expect everybody to do what I ask them to do, meet all the guidelines, so a player like that, I’d want him in training camp but I’d let him out of drills or I’d let him out of practices to make sure they didn’t get beat up, but I’d want them there
- Jimmy Johnson
Jimmy is a Cancer sign like Urban, so that's expected. LOL

This is a tricky one, in my opinion. Cam was called for questionable penalties that came at the whistle… Deontre’s came something like 3-5 seconds after the whistle, on a 3rd down. You’re off the field at that point, but not if you get whistled for a stupid PF. Big difference there.

Also, if you pull Cam, who goes in? The rapport the center has with the coach is valuable and not to be messed with for ticky tack penalties. Certain guys need to stay in the game no matter what, and Cam is one of those guys, in my opinion.

But discipline just doesn't come from what's done during a game, it's part of the total culture including how the practices are run. Remember Osborne called the plays and basically was the QB coach, all during the game, and he had team discipline.
Scott Frost is NO Tom Osborne. It's a reason why so few successful coaches call plays these days.

Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Dabo Swiney, Ed Orgeron, Kirby Smart son NOT CALL PLAYS. They want to oversee everything which is why those teams don't have breakdowns all over the place.

So if those dudes who more talent than Nebraska don't call plays why do people think Frost should??! He not better than them nor does he have the staff they got.

More and more you here people talk the more it seems it's time for Frost to go!

Scott Frost is NO Tom Osborne. It's a reason why so few successful coaches call plays these days.

Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Dabo Swiney, Ed Orgeron, Kirby Smart son NOT CALL PLAYS. They want to oversee everything which is why those teams don't have breakdowns all over the place.

So if those dudes who more talent than Nebraska don't call plays why do people think Frost should??! He not better than them nor does he have the staff they got.

More and more you here people talk the more it seems it's time for Frost to go!
I wonder too if it helps to attract the best assistant coaches.

- Jimmy Johnson
I'll admit even coaching my 11 year old son's soccer team its this way for me. I cut the good players more slack. But funny thing is most of the good ones at this age dont need it much. The good ones are the ones busting their butts actually going hard in drills etc.
But the ones that only a mother could love? Ughh. One little thing they do and you want to punt them across the field.

I will simplify your post......Frost needs to win. He doesn't need to be told how to win, he needs to figure it out on his own.

No one telling him what to do will work. Not you and not Trev Alberts. If a boss has to tell someone exactly what they need to do to succeed than they have already failed and it is time to move on.

And if he doesn't figure it out and win, he needs to go.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I will simplify your post......Frost needs to win. He doesn't need to be told how to win, he needs to figure it out on his own.

No one telling him what to do will work. Not you and not Trev Alberts. If a boss has to tell someone exactly what they need to do to succeed than they have already failed and it is time to move on.

And if he doesn't figure it out and win, he needs to go.
I completely agree, either a coach has it on his own or he doesn't. The only thing I will say is that most successful businesses have successful CEO' s and managers that weren't always good or close to being fired.

They had to be shown that there may be a better way. Some did it and learned from it and became great and others didn't and got fired. Some learned from it and became successful at their next stop.

See Pete Carroll and Bill Belichek...

I completely agree, either a coach has it on his own or he doesn't. The only thing I will say is that most successful businesses have successful CEO' s and managers that weren't always good or close to being fired.

They had to be shown that there may be a better way. Some did it and learned from it and became great and others didn't and got fired. Some learned from it and became successful at their next stop.

See Pete Carroll and Bill Belichek...

I think we all know that Frost is too proud or arrogant (both) to listen to others. Not sure anyone would be able to lead him or suggest anything.

Honestly if anyone would be able to it would be TO. And I doubt he would tell Frost anything either.

Basically what I am saying is, Frost is too damned arrogant and will fail because of it. Maybe failing at his alma mater will create some humility, but I doubt it.

Don’t put your neck out on a chopping block with that quote.
Just my opinion unless the wheels completely fall off and start losing games by multiple scores and the team gives up. I just don't see TA making the change this year.

This is a tricky one, in my opinion. Cam was called for questionable penalties that came at the whistle… Deontre’s came something like 3-5 seconds after the whistle, on a 3rd down. You’re off the field at that point, but not if you get whistled for a stupid PF. Big difference there.

Also, if you pull Cam, who goes in? The rapport the center has with the coach is valuable and not to be messed with for ticky tack penalties. Certain guys need to stay in the game no matter what, and Cam is one of those guys, in my opinion.
Yet NU lost both games.

Every coach or commentator favorite quote is whatever happens in the games also happens in PRACTICE. Leave the offense in the hands of Lubick during the practice week and GameDay and be CEO of every aspect of the team.

Frost makes 7-10 times as much $$$ as any coach on the team. That means he should have 8 times more RESPONSIBILITY!

Yet NU lost both games.
I don’t get the point you’re trying to make… The other poster had talked about inconsistency with regards to punishments, my argument was the two situations were different. Nothing to do about wins or losses… What are you saying here?

I don’t get the point you’re trying to make… The other poster had talked about inconsistency with regards to punishments, my argument was the two situations were different. Nothing to do about wins or losses… What are you saying here?
The only difference in the situations is one cost the TEAM 30 yards and the other cost the TEAM 15 yards. If you've ever coached at a high level, the team comes before the player. I told my players, "don't give these guys a chance to make a mistake", when I was telling them about officiating/referring/umpiring.

The only difference in the situations is one cost the TEAM 30 yards and the other cost the TEAM 15 yards. If you've ever coached at a high level, the team comes before the player. I told my players, "don't give these guys a chance to make a mistake", when I was telling them about officiating/referring/umpiring.
I can appreciate that. Players are also coached to play to the whistle. I felt like Cam did that. deontre played past the whistle by 3-5 seconds.

That’s a significant difference in my opinion. What Cam did shouldn't have been called a penalty in my opinion, especially on the second one.

I can appreciate that. Players are also coached to play to the whistle. I felt like Cam did that. deontre played past the whistle by 3-5 seconds.

That’s a significant difference in my opinion. What Cam did shouldn't have been called a penalty in my opinion, especially on the second one.
We do agree in parts of this. For one, if we like or not, the refs have ears. Would that 2nd Cam penalty way downfield have been called in Lincoln? Hell no! It was a bullshit call anywhere.

Would that penalty on Deontre been called at home or away? Hell yes.
Soon as he grabbed him I said "don't throw him down, don't throw his down, ah shit!"

My point among others is we've seen 3+ years of AM making really good and really bonehead plays. Has he ever been pulled during a game? He may have and I may have just missed it. If so, I'll retract that last statement.

Cam spend half of his career snapping the ball all the place and he never sat. This sends a TERRIBLE message to the overall team. He's a helluva player, he'd be an even better guard. Just my opinion, and I KNOW SF will never move Cam from Center. Thanks man.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT