ADVERTISEMENT

This is Trevs fault too

I am a graduate of an SEC school and a fan . I will give you my take. I do not know what your AD had to face when he had to make the decision on Frost. The only reason for him keeping Frost is that he was not prepared to start a HC search or he thought last year was not the year to hire a HC based on availability.
Regardless you can now wait to see how season developes. Based on the last 46 games you probably was get more of the same.
Nebraska has had trouble recruiting but the college landscape has changed significantly. This should have a big impact on recruiting for Nebraska. Transfer players are now available. They want playing time where they fit in in a Power 5 conference that has good coaches that can get them into the pros. Also all now will look at NIL opportunities very closely. This could be a game changer for Nebraska. Things could be much worst . I believe things are now turning in the favor of Nebraska!
Very good post , you are a very knowledgeable fan based on the points in your post, let’s examine the point of our AD starting or not starting a search last year. There will be opening every year , but take a look at the Blue Blood openings last year, Oklahoma, USC , LSU , Oregon, Miami, Washington and Florida, If you are an AD at a once Blue Blood trying to get back, that would be some stiff competition to go against. I think Trev played it as good as he could, the lower buyout that takes effect in the middle of the season, got Frost to bring in experience at some of the ACs, if Trev had to make a move in October there is experienced P5 guys that can coach the rest of the season and go forward in December with the Future.

Very good post , you are a very knowledgeable fan based on the points in your post, let’s examine the point of our AD starting or not starting a search last year. There will be opening every year , but take a look at the Blue Blood openings last year, Oklahoma, USC , LSU , Oregon, Miami, Washington and Florida, If you are an AD at a once Blue Blood trying to get back, that would be some stiff competition to go against. I think Trev played it as good as he could, the lower buyout that takes effect in the middle of the season, got Frost to bring in experience at some of the ACs, if Trev had to make a move in October there is experienced P5 guys that can coach the rest of the season and go forward in December with the Future.
I forgot ND on that list !

He said this most likely wouldn’t work when he retained Frost. Why does being from the 90s Nebraska make you qualified? To be a coach or AD. All to save 7.5 million which in todays environment is minimal.
This program and fan base should of had someone else leading in Ireland yesterday with hope. Trev wasn’t a good AD at UNO. But by golly he is a Husker from the 90s, so he knows what it takes.
You're playing checkers, Trev's playing chess

I am a graduate of an SEC school and a fan . I will give you my take. I do not know what your AD had to face when he had to make the decision on Frost. The only reason for him keeping Frost is that he was not prepared to start a HC search or he thought last year was not the year to hire a HC based on availability.
Regardless you can now wait to see how season developes. Based on the last 46 games you probably was get more of the same.
Nebraska has had trouble recruiting but the college landscape has changed significantly. This should have a big impact on recruiting for Nebraska. Transfer players are now available. They want playing time where they fit in in a Power 5 conference that has good coaches that can get them into the pros. Also all now will look at NIL opportunities very closely. This could be a game changer for Nebraska. Things could be much worst . I believe things are now turning in the favor of Nebraska!
This is correct. He couldnt get a good replacement, so bought himself some time, saved some money. Smart play.

He said this most likely wouldn’t work when he retained Frost. Why does being from the 90s Nebraska make you qualified? To be a coach or AD. All to save 7.5 million which in todays environment is minimal.
This program and fan base should of had someone else leading in Ireland yesterday with hope. Trev wasn’t a good AD at UNO. But by golly he is a Husker from the 90s, so he knows what it takes.
If Trev was not a good AD at UNO why did they keep him year after year? Trev was brought in to do some "dirty" work at UNO....get rid of football and wrestling to financially get things back on track.

Besides those two things, and everything else that went down during the process, why was Trev not a good AD at UNO? Because everything I have read from their chancellor and the regents is that Trev did a great job at UNO in getting their athletic department back on track.

Reactions: headcard
If Trev was not a good AD at UNO why did they keep him year after year? Trev was brought in to do some "dirty" work at UNO....get rid of football and wrestling to financially get things back on track.

Besides those two things, and everything else that went down during the process, why was Trev not a good AD at UNO? Because everything I have read from their chancellor and the regents is that Trev did a great job at UNO in getting their athletic department back on track.
Yeah. He performed well for the chancellor and regents I’m sure. Ask his coaches and ask the athletes there what they thought of him. Ask the fans. I’m sure the regents at UNL will be happy too. He will make money. But we will continue to lose. But hey, the regents speak well.

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
Yeah. He performed well for the chancellor and regents I’m sure. Ask his coaches and ask the athletes there what they thought of him. Ask the fans. I’m sure the regents at UNL will be happy too. He will make money. But we will continue to lose. But hey, the regents speak well.
What he did at Omaha, of course you are going to piss some people off, The Athletes and Coaches and fans of those sports will never say a good thing about Trev , apparently you are one!

These were Moos hires not Alberts.. We can agree that both should have been fired but his next hires are the ones that he is responsible for..
What coaches has Trev hired ? Golf, tennis, bowling? How long has Trev been in this position....18 months?

Are you talking hiring or firing or both? Let's not forget, rare is it that any of those entities you mentioned over-rule the AD in one of those decisions...they let the AD do their job.
When we are talking 15-20 million in buyouts , I think the hire ups do get involved,

You need facilities to compete. No coach would ever come if the facilities aren't strong. And you act like schools will now just be able to do anything they want financially because of the TV deal. That's wrong. The cost of funding an athletic dept will continue to rise and rise.
I never said we shouldn't have facilities, I said I don't give a shit about them because it should be the lowest on the priority list. The head coach and coaching staff will always be the most important component of budget we're spending. If we're not even willing to invest in that, then what the heck are we doing?

I never said we shouldn't have facilities, I said I don't give a shit about them because it should be the lowest on the priority list. The head coach and coaching staff will always be the most important component of budget we're spending. If we're not even willing to invest in that, then what the heck are we doing?
Well it matters to the head coaches who get hired at the University..

Devaney even told Duffy Daugherty that he didn’t think too much of Nebraska and didn’t think they had good facilities… Duffy told him you can win a national championship there.

It’s all on Trev. Think small time, be small time. Not one SEC school would’ve tolerated this for 4 years. Florida would’ve fired Tebow after 2 years.
The boosters call the shots. If they wanted him fired it would have happened by now.

Devaney even told Duffy Daugherty that he didn’t think too much of Nebraska and didn’t think they had good facilities… Duffy told him you can win a national championship there.
Again, I never said facilities would be mutually exclusive with a new head coach, and nor should or would it be. If Trev was somehow influenced to think the opposite in keeping Frost, it just shows the massive deficiency in his leadership skills and competence as an AD.

Duffy was wrong. Bob won 2. lol

Was this the rumor at the local Woolworths?

Absolutely correct. NIL after the transfer portal has made Nebraska a top 10 destination for coach and player. A top of the line coach will see this and have no problem coming here.

You need to get one thing through your head that will help your anxiety:

Nebraska is NOT an SEC power school and is not at their caliber nor will never be again so stop with that. This is 2022-- not the eras that are now 30,40,50 years gone by when Nebraska was dominant. Nebraska is now a school in the weak B1G West Division who struggles to be relevant there...a school that must rely mostly on out of state talent. They are much more like Iowa, Minnesota, and Illinois than they are any strong SEC program. As Benning said not too long ago-- Nebraska is a developmental school. Figure that out and you'll sleep better at night.

Nebraska has fired coach after coach and AD after AD to gain relevancy again and its hurt more than helped. It's an insult to think you should be doing the same things a school in the SEC like Florida is doing.
can you explain what a developmental program is

can you explain what a developmental program is
Listen to Benning-- he will explain it to you.

But in very general terms, it implies you aren't in the same echelon you were 30+ years ago and now you are forced to take maybe under-valued talent and develop it into strong talent-- like Iowa has done and embraced.

• Haha
Reactions: IowaTaterHead
Listen to Benning-- he will explain it to you.

But in very general terms, it implies you aren't in the same echelon you were 30+ years ago and now you are forced to take maybe under-valued talent and develop it into strong talent-- like Iowa has done and embraced.
The best season in iowa history ended in a really bad loss in the Capitol one bowl

congrats?

Last edited:
  • Haha
The best season in iowa history ended in a really bad loss in the Capitol one bowl

congrats?
LOL, just so you know, and I know this will kill you, but Benning said I-O-W-A and the way they've built their program over the past 23 years in the model Nebraska should follow.

• Haha
LOL, just so you know, and I know this will kill you, but Benning said I-O-W-A and the way they've built their program over the past 23 years in the model Nebraska should follow.
Damon benning can kiss my ass

just like you

we are Nebraska fans. We get it. We suck.

but our eyes and brains still work. No amount of us sucking will make your lot in life attractive to us.

30 years and your best season ended when your shriveled up old scrotum of a coach choked on his own dick with 2 inches to go.

Last edited:
Just like waving to all those sick kids every week, it’s really pathetic to come to the infirmary and dance on our deathbed

typical iowa sister fvcking retard

Damon benning can kiss my ass

just like you

we are Nebraska fans. We get it. We suck.

but our eyes and brains still work. No amount of us sucking will make your lot in life attractive to us.

30 years and your best season ended when your shriveled up old scrotum of a coach choked on his own dick with 2 inches to go.
Benning has played the game-- played it at Nebraska, his views are far superior to a Cheeto eating couch potato like yourself.

Again, you are consumed with watching a school you think you should be better than over and over again be better than your team.

Benning has played the game-- played it at Nebraska, his views are far superior to a Cheeto eating couch potato like yourself.

Again, you are consumed with watching a school you think you should be better than over and over again be better than your team.
What?

I watch Nebraska and the SEC. Nobody cares about division 2 (B1G) football.

cashed a huge ticket on kentucky in the biggest game of your life tho!

kurt choking on his fat sons hog on the sidelines was quite the spectacle!

• Haha
Alberts should have at least made the reduction in the buyout effective after the Oklahoma game. That would have allowed him to fire Frost and appoint an interim head coach during a bye week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT