ADVERTISEMENT

This is the ONE!

Husker_AMG63

Redshirt Freshman
Nov 14, 2019
This week's game against Michigan State is HUGE!!They are a team, riding high, the game is in East Lansing and it's at NIGHT! Usually those 3 things don't bode well for this CURRENT Husker program. People on here know how I feel about this head coach and how far the expectations and what is accepted in Lincoln has fallen the last 7 years. However I feel like this game is the biggest game in Scott Frosts tenure here.

This is a chance to exercise all the above mentioned hurdles all in one game. They are going against a very good coach in my opinion Mel Tucker. One who if this thing keeps going could start stealing recruits away from Michigan as well as raid Georgia for players IF he stays in college football and doesn't get tempted by the NFL. I see people on here poo poo Michigan State and what has been accomplished by this team so far this year...blowing out both Northwestern and Miami!

Best believe if Nebraska had accomplished those feats and was ranked 20th we would be on here going krazy! So I don't want anyone of the naysayers of what Mel Tucker has accomplished in only his 2nd season to all of a sudden jump up talking bout how great this win was if we pull this out! Make no mistake this will be a BIG WIN. I will go as far as to say that the team doesn't have to win this game. That if they are just BEAT and don't LOSE thru terrible play...say on the last drive of the game in a hostile environment it could help this teams confidence.

Now what I want to see. I don't want to see the team down 21-3 at the half being conservative and afraid to lose and then Frost opens it up and the team scrambles 2nd half and loses 31-24. That would show me NOTHING but the same ole same. Scott holding the team back thru terrible play calling. What I want to see is the team get a lead for once and put pressure on the other team. Be up 17-10 at the half and 24-21 in the 4th quarter and the game coming down to Adrian making a play to WIN a game for once. Or maybe being up and Mich State kicks a late FG to win. Believe it or not I wouldn't be THAT upset with that outcome, but a WIN would do wonders for the rest of the year.

So while a win will Not be PROGRAM CHANGING, turn the corner big it will be huge because it would show this team and coaching staff that they can beat anybody no matter the odds if they play to their full capability....against a good ranked Big-10 team and Coach on the road in a hostile environment.

My only wish is that Frost gave up play-calling and focused on the whole team, special teams included. I believe thats what's holding this team from reaching full potential. That's what it's gone take to TURN THE CORNER in my opinion.

And if NU (or UN, as one poster shows it) does all the things you want, it won't be because NU won, it will be because MSU was overrated.
This isn't an attack on you, more of a prediction.
You are looking at it wrong.

Loss = path to 4 straight lossing seasons, 0-3 against P5 schools with several ranked teams left on the schedule. Frost fired.

Win = 3-1 in the last 4 games with a 1-2 record against P5 schools with a chance to get to 2-2 against Northwestern and 2-1 in divisional play.

Loss the season is over. Win and you are still in the race for the Big Ten West.

It's by far the biggest game in Scott Frost's career since it will be a path to being fired game or a path to still having a shot at a bowl game.

Loss = path to 4 straight lossing seasons, 0-3 against P5 schools with several ranked teams left on the schedule. Frost fired.

Win = 3-1 in the last 4 games with a 1-2 record against P5 schools with a chance to get to 2-2 against Northwestern and 2-1 in divisional play.

Loss the season is over. Win and you are still in the race for the Big Ten West.

It's by far the biggest game in Scott Frost's career since it will be a path to being fired game or a path to still having a shot at a bowl game.
I actually agree with most of what you say, but your conclusion that I was wrong is off. What I predicted will absolutely come true.

I don’t think Frost will be fired regardless of his record this year. I think he gets another year as Trev Alberts says wins/losses aren’t a measuring stick for the programs success. All Frost has to do is show signs of improvement.

Reactions: Laner2
And if NU (or UN, as one poster shows it) does all the things you want, it won't be because NU won, it will be because MSU was overrated.
This isn't an attack on you, more of a prediction.
Sure, some idiot would say that. So what? Anyone with a brain knows it's a good thing when you beat a top 25 team. However, it's just one game and still a long season left even if we do win.

Reactions: kakdawg
frost needs to find out if adrian is playing next year, and hit the transfer portal for #2 & #3 qb's on depth charts at big schools..and kickers

Sure, some idiot would say that. So what? Anyone with a brain knows it's a good thing when you beat a top 25 team. However, it's just one game and still a long season left even if we do win.
Again, agree with most of what you say. But the thing is, that ignoramus who claims MSU was overrated will get God knows how many likes and then you realize you gotta go Jeff Foxworthy and say, "Here's your card".

I get bored with that. It's like reminding folk not to breed their sister.

The next game is always the biggest, especially in SF's situation. GBR

I feel different about this one. This will be the first time this regime has beat a Top 25 team and it will be on the road.

They need to play from the front NOT the rear. Frost needs to let his nuts hang and don't come out panzie ass! Win this game and the same formula beats Michigan and Minnesota or at least gets you a split.

Then beat the teams you suppose to beat (NW, Purdue) split with IA/ Wisconsin and be formidable against OSU!

This is how it goes - right?

Illinois is a must win. They lost and the confidence is in the toilet.

Fordham - meh.

Buffalo - oh good gawd, they could actually beat Nebraska. They won so the next game is the most important.

Oklahoma - gonna crush Nebraska (I was in that camp) - had a chance to win the game. Reminded me of the OU/Nebraska games of the 80s. If you think Osborne's teams were flawless back in the day - you would be wrong. The next game is the most important.

Michigan St - if they beat MSU, fans will be looking at Illinois and OU thinking "what if?" Then the "no let down" crowd will be loud. If they lose, the confidence is back in the toilet then the the next game is the most important.

It's a never ending cycle. Many people have said it and it is correct - beat the teams you're supposed to beat. Win a few of the toss-up games and stay competitive. Against superior opponents - at least be competitive.

Before last Saturday, I thought OU was superior in every way. I didn't see a talent disparity. I saw Nebraska being competitive. Sure, the special teams were dog shit but I saw some other things (some misses) that could have negated the poor special teams play. Anyway, I'm not necessarily drinking the kool-aid but I'm seeing some light.

The next game is always the most important.

This week's game against Michigan State is HUGE!!They are a team, riding high, the game is in East Lansing and it's at NIGHT! Usually those 3 things don't bode well for this CURRENT Husker program. People on here know how I feel about this head coach and how far the expectations and what is accepted in Lincoln has fallen the last 7 years. However I feel like this game is the biggest game in Scott Frosts tenure here.

This is a chance to exercise all the above mentioned hurdles all in one game. They are going against a very good coach in my opinion Mel Tucker. One who if this thing keeps going could start stealing recruits away from Michigan as well as raid Georgia for players IF he stays in college football and doesn't get tempted by the NFL. I see people on here poo poo Michigan State and what has been accomplished by this team so far this year...blowing out both Northwestern and Miami!

Best believe if Nebraska had accomplished those feats and was ranked 20th we would be on here going krazy! So I don't want anyone of the naysayers of what Mel Tucker has accomplished in only his 2nd season to all of a sudden jump up talking bout how great this win was if we pull this out! Make no mistake this will be a BIG WIN. I will go as far as to say that the team doesn't have to win this game. That if they are just BEAT and don't LOSE thru terrible play...say on the last drive of the game in a hostile environment it could help this teams confidence.

Now what I want to see. I don't want to see the team down 21-3 at the half being conservative and afraid to lose and then Frost opens it up and the team scrambles 2nd half and loses 31-24. That would show me NOTHING but the same ole same. Scott holding the team back thru terrible play calling. What I want to see is the team get a lead for once and put pressure on the other team. Be up 17-10 at the half and 24-21 in the 4th quarter and the game coming down to Adrian making a play to WIN a game for once. Or maybe being up and Mich State kicks a late FG to win. Believe it or not I wouldn't be THAT upset with that outcome, but a WIN would do wonders for the rest of the year.

So while a win will Not be PROGRAM CHANGING, turn the corner big it will be huge because it would show this team and coaching staff that they can beat anybody no matter the odds if they play to their full capability....against a good ranked Big-10 team and Coach on the road in a hostile environment.

My only wish is that Frost gave up play-calling and focused on the whole team, special teams included. I believe thats what's holding this team from reaching full potential. That's what it's gone take to TURN THE CORNER in my opinion.

No moral victories for me. We had that last week. This is BIG week and MSU should be a peer. If we win the game I'll be happy and for the first time in a while excited of the direction that the program MAY be heading in. A loss and I'll be disappointed and seriously doubt we reach a bowl game this year. Or win 6 games for that matter.

The players and coaches can act as if it's just another game if they choose. But due to the Illini lose this game is pretty much must win.

It's nut cuttin time tonight in east Lansing...

Holla

Last edited:
Good opportunity against a team we can beat. I’ll go on record and say we win this game.

ADVERTISEMENT