ADVERTISEMENT

This is stupid. Go SEC

We'll likely get to that level by the time this over. Flattening the curve doesn't necessarily mean lowering the total number of deaths. The only thing that could prevent us reaching a similar national death per million number is if we get a vaccine rolled out before that happens. Susceptible people are going to die if they get it whether it's tomorrow or 2 months from now. It's basic epidemiology. Not saying Sweden is right in what they did. I was hoping that we could dispose of even more of the red tape in getting vaccine rolled out so we could be vaccinating people already. That COULD have happened. We should be doing HUGE "trials" right now in at risk humans instead of pissing around with 50 or 100 people at a time. I guarantee you that China has massive vaccination going on already in their military and others.
I think we might catch Sweden. The others I don't think will.

Probably agree with you on the vaccination issue.

We'll likely get to that level by the time this over. Flattening the curve doesn't necessarily mean lowering the total number of deaths. The only thing that could prevent us reaching a similar national death per million number is if we get a vaccine rolled out before that happens. Susceptible people are going to die if they get it whether it's tomorrow or 2 months from now. It's basic epidemiology. Not saying Sweden is right in what they did. I was hoping that we could dispose of even more of the red tape in getting vaccine rolled out so we could be vaccinating people already. That COULD have happened. We should be doing HUGE "trials" right now in at risk humans instead of pissing around with 50 or 100 people at a time. I guarantee you that China has massive vaccination going on already in their military and others.

I find it ironic you'd be one of the first in line to fight the communist but you are clearly advocating following their lead here.

China doesn't give a crap about it's people including it's military to say nothing about it's generally snaky behavior vis a vis covid to begin with.

Really,I have friend whose Grandfather died from it and another friend who is currently recovering from it,he said he has never felt so bad,hard to breathe and every muscle and joint is painful.Talk to the families of the 500+ who died last week in Florida and ask them what they think.I am listening to the experts,I.E.,CDC and Fauci not some orange assclown.
Talk to anyone who has lost a loved one to any cancer or illness or accident. People die for F sake. Can't shut down the world and wrap everything and everyone in bubble. Did you also listen to Fauci in March when he said not to be concerned about Covid or theCDC when they said masks aren't necessary 3 months ago?

Talk to anyone who has lost a loved one to any cancer or illness or accident. People die for F sake. Can't shut down the world and wrap everything and everyone in bubble. Did you also listen to Fauci in March when he said not to be concerned about Covid or theCDC when they said masks aren't necessary 3 months ago?
are you 5 years old? you do know all those other things are unpreventable right? and u do know the world spends 100s of billions of dollars trying to prevent all those other causes of deaths too right? and u do know that nobody knew anything about what would happen back in March right? nothing you stated makes any sense. makes me think you are just copying what others say without actually thinking it thru. you know its very possible for both sides to be a little wrong

I find it ironic you'd be one of the first in line to fight the communist but you are clearly advocating following their lead here.

China doesn't give a crap about it's people including it's military to say nothing about it's generally snaky behavior vis a vis covid to begin with.
I have a lot of experience with viral subunit vaccines. They are extremely safe. I don't advocate for using humans as guinea pigs. I just think especially say in a nursing home situation the risk is so extreme from wild virus infection that using an experimental vaccine is a no brainer. Reports from the trials have all been good. We've made Corona virus vaccines and administered them to animals for decades. This isn't some new technology. IMO, the only real debate is how much antigen to give. I would be first in line to get a vaccination IF they would let me.

I agree with your opinion on China's value on human life. That isn't really the point though. Do you really think that the wealthy and powerful across the globe aren't already getting vaccinated as part of vaccine "trials". I guarantee you it's happening in some countries.

Really,I have friend whose Grandfather died from it and another friend who is currently recovering from it,he said he has never felt so bad,hard to breathe and every muscle and joint is painful.Talk to the families of the 500+ who died last week in Florida and ask them what they think.I am listening to the experts,I.E.,CDC and Fauci not some orange assclown.
Anybody who has a severe pneumonia can relate to the distress and pain of COVID patients. I've laid in bed with pneumonia struggling to breathe between coughs and when I did doze off I woke up to the gurgle of fluid in my lungs. That's not a comforting feeling. You're maybe heard of the "death rattles". The symptoms of COVID are not unique to COVID. The difference is that people who have never experienced something like that before are getting to experience them for the first time. It's a horrible feeling and the chest pain is indescribable.

Florida has a huge senior citizen population and unfortunately nationwide the vast majority of them don't take the precautions they should take to PROTECT THEMSELVES. I see dozens of gray hairs out about town without masks on. That's on them. My 89 year old RN mother in law says,"I'm not wearing a mask in town and I'm flying across the country to my grandson's wedding ceremony. If I get it and die, I get it and die. I don't care. IF I can't be with my family, I don't want to live anymore".

All that said, do we shut down schools and mandate that kids wear masks for influenza? They're FAR more at risk from influenza than they are COVID. The CDC admits that. Most Drs and nurses will tell you the same thing. The difference maybe is that there is a vaccine for the flu in most cases but yet only about half of the people take it. We didn't shut things down for swine flu. We got very very lucky with that one and one of Obama's cabinet members admitted that. That God we got lucky with that one. It had the potential to be every bit as bad as this one. (for the record, I wear a mask in potential public contact situations)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT