ADVERTISEMENT

This is Pelini-level incompetence

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

This team quit just like so many of his did. Not acceptable. This better not happen again.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Will see how they come out in the 2nd half.

Iowa playing one of their better games.

Would rather leave Pelini out of Basketball.

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
This team quit just like so many of his did. Not acceptable. This better not happen again.
Or what? What do you want Miles to do? Recruit better is the correct answer and it appears according to this last class's ranking he is doing that. Benny only works as a back up level B1G point guard at best. Petteway is a streaky volume shooter that turns the ball over a ton. Pitch? Forget about it. Rivers wouldn't likely play for most of the B1G teams we play. Thank heavens Miles got the transfers he did when he did because we almost certainly wouldn't have won any B1G games these past 3 years. Doc left him a dumpster fire. I guarantee you that if he gets as much time as Bo or Doc, Miles will have a winner at NU. Guarantee it. The players know that the Maryland loss pretty much sealed their no post season fate. Petteway is 1/6 from 3 right now and 3/12 from the floor. What does Miles do?

Here's hoping Eichorst has a good short list for a basketball coach because this Osborne hire is another disaster.

Originally posted by OwlsRule:
Here's hoping Eichorst has a good short list for a basketball coach because this Osborne hire is another disaster.
Let's not here this bull shit again after 3 years.

Please explain to me how Miles can make his guys hit open shots? Please. Petteway was 3/12 and 1/6 from 3 in the first half. Shields was 0/3. Now Pitch is passing up shots.

-----------------------------------------------

Good grief!!!

I was wondering who would be the first to make a stupid comment like this. Looks like it's you. You can recognize that there are big problems now and also recognize that Miles should and did win some extra time with what he did last year. We should be a long ways from talking about making any coaching changes.

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:
I agree on HC changes. I will kill for an assistant that could breath some life into this offense.
All this offense needs is guys that can consistenly hit open shots. Our shooting is terrible.

The basketball IQ on this team is very low. Hopefully next years recruits will help with this.

Getting beat is one thing. Quitting is another.
Iowa may have something to do with the play.

Their not missing much and they are playing good defense... I don't see any quitting.

I'm of the Bo Ryan school of thought. He prefers recruiting bigs who can score with their back to the basket and surround them with perimeter shooters. This team has no low post threats and one perimeter shooter.

Are you trolling...or just not living in any sense of reality?

Tarin Smith and Nick Fuller are still working their butts off. Petteway is selfish. I've seen a handful of times where Petteway has taken to the lane to throw up a crazy shot and there have been open players he could dish to. A couple times he was bailed out by foul calls.

Originally posted by artist3:
I'm of the Bo Ryan school of thought. He prefers recruiting bigs who can score with their back to the basket and surround them with perimeter shooters. This team has no low post threats and one perimeter shooter.
Very good observation and could not agree more. Have to recruit those players first though.

Originally posted by kaz36:
Tarin Smith and Nick Fuller are still working their butts off. Petteway is selfish. I've seen a handful of times where Petteway has taken to the lane to throw up a crazy shot and there have been open players he could dish to. A couple times he was bailed out by foul calls.
none of these open players can make a shot.

Originally posted by kaz36:
Yep and it was that way last year too. Last year he got a lot of those wild shots to go or got to the line. This year he isn't getting either done.

Step away from the keyboard. No reason to let your hate for Tom overtake common sense.

Originally posted by dinglefritz:
Or what? What do you want Miles to do? Recruit better is the correct answer and it appears according to this last class's ranking he is doing that. Benny only works as a back up level B1G point guard at best. Petteway is a streaky volume shooter that turns the ball over a ton. Pitch? Forget about it. Rivers wouldn't likely play for most of the B1G teams we play. Thank heavens Miles got the transfers he did when he did because we almost certainly wouldn't have won any B1G games these past 3 years. Doc left him a dumpster fire. I guarantee you that if he gets as much time as Bo or Doc, Miles will have a winner at NU. Guarantee it. The players know that the Maryland loss pretty much sealed their no post season fate. Petteway is 1/6 from 3 right now and 3/12 from the floor. What does Miles do?
I will take that bet Fritz. I wont guarantee anything of success wise even if you give TM 2 more years. 5 years is more than enough time to turn around a D1 Bball program especially one in a league like ours with top 3 facilities in the ENTIRE COUNTRY.

TM's offense, and style are absolutely pitiful, there is no way around it. He has not adjusted this year. He has been thoroughly out coached time and time again this year. We basically lost 1 player off of last years team. One player that played extensive minutes which accounted for 10% of our scoring. What we have seen this year is absolutely ZERO EXCUSE>

Guys are not hitting outside shots? NO Shi$ you dont have any good outside shooters. So what should you do? You make these guys pass up on the open shots and drive to the freaking basket. We had the same offensive problems last year (Cough cough TM's offensive style) but we just made more shots. We got a little lucky. You are NEVER NEVER going to be successful in this type of a league if you do not run an offense that gets you 1. Easy buckets (which TM's offense does not do or 2. Run an offense and be aggressive to get yourself to the FT line to get easy points.

Year three after taking over one of the worst power 5 jobs in B.B. Its disappointing but fire Miles talk is breathtakingly idiotic.

This post was edited on 2/22 4:30 PM by steelclaw

I guess Miles wouldn't allow the media to question players after the game.

I'm sorry but that's a really chicken s--- move by Tim Miles.

Originally posted by steelclaw:
Year three after taking over one of the worst power 5 jobs in B.B. Its disappointing but fire Miles talk is breathtakingly idiotic.

This post was edited on 2/22 4:30 PM by steelclaw
I dont think people are suggesting he be fired. But I would say after next year seeing how we do with the new blood coming in and if we have another bad year, his seat should be warm. If TM has not improved after the 2nd year with the new players he has brought in, then I think we should start checking out other options.

5 years is certainly enough in Bball to tell if your coach is the answer or not, especially since Frosh can make impacts in todays game

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Don't waste time responding to Boiler_B.
Shouldnt waste your time arguing with someone that is right.. Like I am right now. No sense in wasting your time with a bad argument. Finally something I can agree with you on HTO>

I was thinking this was more like the osu or tam games the year cally was fired. Compleat disgrace to the university and its fans

No Boiler, you'll either go in hiding or change your name a year from now just like you did not too long ago.

Rinse and repeat with you, for many of years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT