ADVERTISEMENT

This is flat out funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
woke is a word invented for political gain. I would say your hook-line-sinker acceptance of political shenanigans is a much greater threat to the country than 20 women soccer players kneeling before a game. the fact that it bothers you is a greater threat to the country than the act itself.
You are exhibiting the same behavior as what you blame others of.
🙄🤣

I actually saw a commercial with an all white family in it last night. Dead serious. No color anywhere, no gay people, even the cat looked to be straight. What kind of company would be so blatantly racist in the current climate in which we live?
I must admit… in the past year, the entire COMMERCIAL demographic of our country has changed

woke is a word invented for political gain. I would say your hook-line-sinker acceptance of political shenanigans is a much greater threat to the country than 20 women soccer players kneeling before a game. the fact that it bothers you is a greater threat to the country than the act itself.
Sort of like insurrection, right?

Ah yes the biggest “Patriots” in America actively cheering against America.. the irony is too beautiful

So you support people who won't sing the anthem and claim the USA is the United States of Hate?? And you're what? A patriot? Think before you post.

Ah yes the biggest “Patriots” in America actively cheering against America.. the irony is too beautiful
They don't want to have the flag with them, I do not want them to represent the country. Where's the problem?.... Tired of people turning their back on this problem. Keep a flag with you at all times when representing the country, or find someone else to pay your salary. Simple black and white solution.

Now use your snarky comment about using an old metaphore to an idiotic problem.

JFC, this board is full of bottom feeders.
tenor.gif

that point is actually arguable in the literature. There are documented benefits to including outside views in management decisions from individuals who are not part of upper management. Thus lowering standards of who was deserving to be in upper management actually benefitted the organization through better decision making
You can find "literature" to support just about any management theory you want.

its interesting both teams kneeled but its not interesting enough to spend any time researching it. why is it such a big deal to people? let them live their lives and like most of you say "you take care of you and i'll take care of me".
people dont want to be told to wear a mask for the safety of others but they will spend a significant of time bitching and groaning because of the individual decisions athletes make. which is it? do we get to make individual decisions or do we consider others in our decisions? flippity flop flip
Politics has no place in the Olympics. The girls that aren't proud of their country should be playing professional soccer, and not representing the country that they are ashamed of.

its interesting both teams kneeled but its not interesting enough to spend any time researching it. why is it such a big deal to people? let them live their lives and like most of you say "you take care of you and i'll take care of me".
people dont want to be told to wear a mask for the safety of others but they will spend a significant of time bitching and groaning because of the individual decisions athletes make. which is it? do we get to make individual decisions or do we consider others in our decisions? flippity flop flip
Yes which is it? You seem to only want to consider individual rights when it fits your political agenda. Just like those you call out. Flippity flop flip

I don't care about soccer or who those women voted for or their political opinions...if they had kept it to themselves. But 2016 -2020 was not that long ago and I won't forget how they treated the guy sitting on the throne at that time and everyone who supported him....and I would feel the same if they bashed Obama. You simply do not talk to or treat people like they did and make a point of alienating half the country without expecting blowback later. They deserve all the flak they get and I will root for whoever plays them going forward. That chic with the purple hair was all to happy to go on whatever TV news station would have her and make an ass out of herself and refused to meet with the President to try and hash things out...that is an intolerant bitch as far as i'm concerned and she can pound sand.

You simply do not talk to or treat people like they did and make a point of alienating half the country without expecting blowback later. They deserve all the flak they get and I will root for whoever plays them going forward.
Agree with this and it applies to those that were in power from 2017-2021

Reactions: gw2kpro
The ironic thing is no one is pushing critical race theory. Theories like that would only be taught at university level (possibly graduate level) courses where those who are being presented with such theories are mature enough to disseminate the information how they see fit. It's strawman argument that might open the door for lawmakers in Texas to change the word slaves to workers. Any teacher worth a damn will continue to teach factual history and do their best to let the recipient form their own opinions or views on those being discussed.

The ironic thing is no one is pushing critical race theory. Theories like that would only be taught at university level (possibly graduate level) courses where those who are being presented with such theories are mature enough to disseminate the information how they see fit. It's strawman argument that might open the door for lawmakers in Texas to change the word slaves to workers. Any teacher worth a damn will continue to teach factual history and do their best to let the recipient form their own opinions or views on those being discussed.
I think it is in the process of being passed in California.

I generally don’t weigh in on stuff like this, but really? You really believe no teachers are teaching this? Only happening in college?

There are teachers all over our country who are using this as an opportunity to teach what they believe. If they believe in CRT, you really believe they aren’t teaching it in lower levels? I’ve been called naive before, but you’ve taken it to another level.

The NEA, the largest teacher's union in the U.S., literally just voted to approve a plan to promote critical race theory in all 50 states.

I will say it again....Critical Race Theory is NOT being taught to children under a union mandate....Unions cannot dictate what concepts a teacher teaches. If a teacher wants to try to delve into the complexities of race in this country they have the autonomy to do so but true CRT will only ever be taught in (maybe) AP courses and colleges. Anyway go USA and that includes the best woman’s soccer team in the world

• Angry
Reactions: REGPrimus
I generally don’t weigh in on stuff like this, but really? You really believe no teachers are teaching this? Only happening in college?

There are teachers all over our country who are using this as an opportunity to teach what they believe. If they believe in CRT, you really believe they aren’t teaching it in lower levels? I’ve been called naive before, but you’ve taken it to another level.
I teach history....in California...6-7-8th grade...I know what the curriculum and what the textbooks contain. Do teachers have biases ? Absolutely and it certainly seeps into the day to day teachings. In my experience though the biggest impact teachers have on students and shaping their world views is the interactions between the lessons. The goal is to present the class with the basic (black/white, not racial)facts of an event and then the students can hopefully decide the gray areas. I have a ton of Catholic students and when I cover the Reformation specifically the Inquisition it does get a little uncomfortable. You still just stay in between the lines and do your best to leave opinion to the side. I have a day where we just cover Medieval torture devices and the kids love it, but the uncomfortable truth is the Church was the one using most of these devices. Not once have I had a parent complain to me about speaking ill of the Catholic Church. Kids (for the most part) know where teachers are coming from and are smart enough to separate fact from opinion. Those that arent seem to have kept quiet. The not so quiet secret is that history classes are now glorified electives there exist solely to support the English skills curriculum. I am more concerned about a students inability to type a coherent essay than I am than their ability to solve centuries long race relations. This year will be the most challenging year I have ever had. Kids havent been in class for almost 18 months. Social skills are going to need to be seriously fine tuned. Plus having to wear those stupid masks is going to be the death of me.

I teach history....in California...6-7-8th grade...I know what the curriculum and what the textbooks contain. Do teachers have biases ? Absolutely and it certainly seeps into the day to day teachings. In my experience though the biggest impact teachers have on students and shaping their world views is the interactions between the lessons. The goal is to present the class with the basic (black/white, not racial)facts of an event and then the students can hopefully decide the gray areas. I have a ton of Catholic students and when I cover the Reformation specifically the Inquisition it does get a little uncomfortable. You still just stay in between the lines and do your best to leave opinion to the side. I have a day where we just cover Medieval torture devices and the kids love it, but the uncomfortable truth is the Church was the one using most of these devices. Not once have I had a parent complain to me about speaking ill of the Catholic Church. Kids (for the most part) know where teachers are coming from and are smart enough to separate fact from opinion. Those that arent seem to have kept quiet. The not so quiet secret is that history classes are now glorified electives there exist solely to support the English skills curriculum. I am more concerned about a students inability to type a coherent essay than I am than their ability to solve centuries long race relations. This year will be the most challenging year I have ever had. Kids havent been in class for almost 18 months. Social skills are going to need to be seriously fine tuned. Plus having to wear those stupid masks is going to be the death of me.
I teach HS sociology classes and have to do a lot of "Look, this is NOT MY OPINION but..." and play devils advocate, I always tell them "Look, I don't want a bunch of emails from your parents" Ha

It all makes sense now…

I do appreciate that you teach in as unbiased a way as possible. And I applaud that as well. I’m sure that most teachers do… It’s the ones who have a different agenda that concern me.

Your full of crap !

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT