ADVERTISEMENT

This is flat out funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Rapino chick gave this statement after the game.
d5j13kq-c47fe6bc-4e5d-4074-b196-2a597770fc26.gif

Rapinoe said they got their asses kicked and it was true. She only played 30 minutes. Guess this is as good of a loss in the grand scheme. Hopefully they wake up in the group stage sooner then later. They represent the diversity and excellence of our country about as any squad in recent history.

Rapinoe said they got their asses kicked and it was true. She only played 30 minutes. Guess this is as good of a loss in the grand scheme. Hopefully they wake up in the group stage sooner then later. They represent the diversity and excellence of our country about as any squad in recent history.

I guess diversity isn't always a strength:

60f811ebd0049.image.jpg

Whatever the rules are for elimination, would be mildly amusing for them to make an early exit.

It would not make me give any more than zero shits about that team, but the benefit would be that I wouldn't have to see promos for them when watching some events.

These whole Olympics are just going to feel so bland without the fans. Feel for the athletes. Hopefully the winter Olympics will be better but given the location who knows how many will sit it out

guess they should stop feeeling about being diverse and woke and start THINKING about playing good soccer
Yeah, they seem distracted, like they believe they are big stars on the level of a professional team, and what they do in activism matters. We know purple hair for being a loudmouth. I honestly don't know what position she plays. They are good at the female version of a sport few Americans care about. Very few. When they win, we say nice, because USA and all. They shouldn't take themselves so seriously. Can anyone even name a male American player on the USA team? I can't.

These whole Olympics are just going to feel so bland without the fans. Feel for the athletes. Hopefully the winter Olympics will be better but given the location who knows how many will sit it out
I agree with you on the fans. Going to suck not having them. DO you think the Winter games stay in China?

Yeah, they seem distracted, like they believe they are big stars on the level of a professional team, and what they do in activism matters. We know purple hair for being a loudmouth. I honestly don't know what position she plays. They are good at the female version of a sport few Americans care about. Very few. When they win, we say nice, because USA and all. They shouldn't take themselves so seriously. Can anyone even name a male American player on the USA team? I can't.
Throughout the history of mens soccer I can name one dude, sort of, Alexie Lalas?

For the women, I can name two, purple hair and the one that ripped her shirt off.

Diversity is not a good thing when it's used as an excuse to lower standards and to give some people unfair advantages over others.
A black college student that completes the prerequisite college coursework is virtually assured acceptance in to medical and other professional schools in many states if they apply. It is getting that way for immigrant college students as well. At some Ivy League colleges they also get the equivalent of full ride scholarships in addition to admission.

Reverse discrimination is real and IMO doesn't further race relations. I don't mind some "minor special consideration" given on the basis of overcoming bad situations as a youth, but it has gone too far.

Protesting at an international event IMO is just bad form. Protest at home if you want. You don't go abroad and be disrespectful to your country. Considering that the U.S.A. is one of the most tolerant countries in the world, I think their protests are misguided at best.

Last edited:
It is okay to laugh at things, even things that you are passionate about it. Funny is funny, pretending to be mad when you really want to laugh foolish. You can laugh and still believe in the cause, that is called being normal. Laughter is a reaction.
TDS = death of comedy
We're gonna miss that when the borrowing stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT