ADVERTISEMENT

This is absolutely infuriating...

Mustaches trigger Iowa players?

usually teams that do some kind of teamwide trend like this are teams that are actually good and have a swagger about them so they can do some weird stuff like mustaches... no swagger about a team that just got blown out by illionis

This is like what HS teams do when they make the playoffs...

Sounds familiar.

My junior season in HS, we got blown out our first game. The seniors decided that nobody was shaving until we won. Gotta worry about the important stuff.

It was fun for awhile. Until we were 0-7. Some of the guys couldn't grow facial hair. Several of us looked like captain caveman. A couple guys shaved anyway after a few weeks and caused locker room problems.

After the 7th straight loss, the coach pulled the plug on most of those seniors and we ended up winning the last two.

Sounds familiar.

My junior season in HS, we got blown out our first game. The seniors decided that nobody was shaving until we won. Gotta worry about the important stuff.

It was fun for awhile. Until we were 0-7. Some of the guys couldn't grow facial hair. Several of us looked like captain caveman. A couple guys shaved anyway after a few weeks and caused locker room problems.

After the 7th straight loss, the coach pulled the plug on most of those seniors and we ended up winning the last two.

My god...you are the first poster on one of these sites that DID not win 4 straight football champions, bench 450, run a 4.34 (electric) and squat 575.

It is nice to see an honest post about HS careers.

Also, you are a ****ing loser! Haha

I won 6 straight championships while I was in HS!

How? You can’t run and grow a mustache at the same time?

This is just a case of being angry at lashing out at any and everything.
Agreed and I would rather hear this mustache stuff rather than the old "We are really coming together and working harder than ever blah blah blah"

After awhile, you are what you are and no amount of "hard work" will change that.

Rather than grow bad mustaches, wish a few team leaders would hang some locker room material and fire up the players. Manufacturer some if needed. It’s been done before. Maybe something like this: Herky says streak is: Six to Zero

Reactions: BleedRed78
My god...you are the first poster on one of these sites that DID not win 4 straight football champions, bench 450, run a 4.34 (electric) and squat 575.

Nice. Lol! We were bad. Not even facial hair could cure it.

Coach thought because I was fast, it would be good for me to return kicks and punts. At 6'3, 175 lbs.

Never got a chance to use all that speed, 'cause I couldn't make someone miss to save my life. But apparently we didn't have anyone better. See the above record. So I'd get killed every game in special teams.

Returning kickoffs for a team that absolutely sucks has to be the worst job in all of football, maybe in all of sports.
  1. You get to do it a ton
  2. The people trying to light you up are generally all better than the people trying to block for you
  3. By midway through the second quarter of most games, our team had generally given up, contributing to the difference in point #2.
  4. High school kickers in our league rarely could kick it into the end zone. No touchbacks.
  5. They didn't have concussion protocols then

Last edited:
I love how wound up people get about all the wrong things. What color were the uniform pants? Did they wear alts? Does somebody have long hair? Did a kid smile during a loss?

Dress em in whatever you want and dye all their hair pink for all it matters, they suck at football and they're gonna lose more games this year. They sucked at football last year too and they're mostly the same guys. Sorta how it works.

they are kids. they are supposed to have fun. the adults take it way too seriously. and if you say there is too much money at stake then stop supporting it so it can be fun again.
qbgqcps.gif

Well, the working hard part isn't really working. Let's try growing mustaches. If that doesn't work, maybe form a holiday cookie exchange. It's like the team is giving the fans the finger. Too funny.

Of course not many have your advantage of having spent twelve years getting through high school.

Reactions: bradjens
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT