ADVERTISEMENT

This Feels Really Good To Say

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
If the season ended today, we'd be in the field of 64. 20-11-1 + RPI 35 + second place Big Ten + solid midweek performances = right on track.

Reactions: saluno22
I really like the depth of our pitching staff, but still not sold on our line up. We really need Schreiber and Miller to hit at the same time to be a good hitting team and that hasn't happened yet.

Right on track. In the first four weeks we were 6-8, in the four weeks since we are 13-3-1 and entering week nine with a win and a very winnable series on deck.

More importantly though, we are actually playing real good baseball. Last night's win in Manhattan was very workmanlike and that's the formula for beating teams like KSU, Iowa and several others on schedule.

Adding workmanship in with the ability to really step up and play great baseball like last Friday and again on Sunday gives me great hope for the rest of the season.

This season has turned around quite nicely and I seem to think these guys know they are good and wanting even better. They are playing good baseball and how fun is that to watch?

Turning into a very enjoyable season.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
I really like the depth of our pitching staff, but still not sold on our line up. We really need Schreiber and Miller to hit at the same time to be a good hitting team and that hasn't happened yet.
Halfway into the year and Meyers, Schrieb and Miller haven't yet gotten on the same page. Hang onto your hat if they ever do.

Been great watching the other parts of the lineup stepping up, though. The Hagge/Altavilla duo has been amazing. Very unexpected.

Halfway into the year and Meyers, Schrieb and Miller haven't yet gotten on the same page. Hang onto your hat if they ever do.

Been great watching the other parts of the lineup stepping up, though. The Hagge/Altavilla duo has been amazing. Very unexpected.

If those 3 get going at the same time we would be a real dangerous team! Factor in that Wilkening has been hitting better along with Schlep this line up could be real good.

In the first four weeks we were 6-8, in the four weeks since we are 13-3-1 and entering week nine with a win and a very winnable series on deck.
If that pace can be maintained through the end of April (not easy but not impossible--only Minnesota is remotely as good as Indiana and Maryland) the record would be roughly 29-13-1 with 10 regular season games left. Dare to dream...

Reactions: k9_r and saluno22
If those 3 get going at the same time we would be a real dangerous team! Factor in that Wilkening has been hitting better along with Schlep this line up could be real good.
Agreed, heck Alvarado has been decent this year as well. Roskam stepping up has been huge. Having that 1 and 2 hitter (Mojo and Altavilla) step up in the lineup has made a huge difference and I felt that was the one big question mark going into the year.

Now that we have that issue answered we just have to wait for the monsters in the middle to wake up (Meyers and Schreiber). Fun to see us winning while knowing how much potential this team still has.

ADVERTISEMENT