ADVERTISEMENT

This entire team is a mental midget

Penalties and special teams can make an average team a bad team in a hurry. How many drives are killed for Nebraska because of false starts? How many of opponents' drives are kept alive by penalties? This team isn't good enough to overcome stupid mistakes.

This is year 4, what makes anyone think frost will correct all the problems in year 5? sorry It’s not going to happen if he’s retained it will continue to be one step forward and three steps back

I think the team could improve significantly if he hired a real Offensive Coordinator and Special Teams Coordinator, and gave them full control of those units.

This is year 4, what makes anyone think frost will correct all the problems in year 5? sorry It’s not going to happen if he’s retained it will continue to be one step forward and three steps back
Forced staff changes. Give him an ultimatum. Fire Harry Potters grandpa. Fire Austin. Hire a dedicated special teams coordinator with expertise in the kicking and punting game then get off your ass and coach QBs yourself. Then you've got one year to win or you're fired.

Forced staff changes. Give him an ultimatum. Fire Harry Potters grandpa. Fire Austin. Hire a dedicated special teams coordinator with expertise in the kicking and punting game then get off your ass and coach QBs yourself. Then you've got one year to win or you're fired.
Sweep the whole offensive staff out and remove play calling duties as well.

Sweep the whole offensive staff out and remove play calling duties as well.
That last sequence in OT was mind numbing BUT Adrian failed to see a wide open WR on the first play that would have been an immediate TD. Score there and we probably still win the game. I thought the game plan and offensive execution was pretty damned good most of the game except for our O line play. IF they retain him we HAVE to address the obvious problems and those are the O line performance and kicking game. IMO, IF you're going to "sweep the offensive staff" you better just fire Frost.

Michigan State has 5 total yards in the 2nd half with 6 minutes left in the game. Unheard of regardless of opponent.
Not talking performance... Roughing was sheer STUPITY!!! kept drive alive. Off sides on field goal, no effect luckily. Offsides on 3rd down... key moment. The D played lights out but these mental break downs, especially on roughing are unacceptable. These are not one time moments, they are repeatable every single game. Tell me you weren't holding your breath on the last sack of the MSU quarterback praying for no flag...

For me, in a perfect world hire an extra o line coach/kicking coach ala Dan Young when he worked with uncle milt

That roughing penalty cost us 7 points. Stupid stupid stupid play. Deontre knows better. I don't get it.
That roughing penalty was a weak call. The qb might have even fumbled on the play which would have been a huge swing for us.

And don't forget the recruiting issues. Is any coach recruiting this year, or are we counting on walk-ons and transfers?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I would probably include the offensive staff, play calling and clock management was Abysmal at times
Play calling is suppose to be Lubick job.. Not certain and it hasn’t been mentioned but it does seem like Frost isn’t calling the plays…

And don't forget the recruiting issues. Is any coach recruiting this year, or are we counting on walk-ons and transfers?
We have very few spots left. We HAVE to save a few of them for the portal. PUNTER dear God please. I think we're about done this year recruiting wise unless we can somehow find a late bloomer scholarship worthy O lineman. From what I've read they would like one more O lineman and one CB. That's it.

For me, in a perfect world hire an extra o line coach/kicking coach ala Dan Young when he worked with uncle milt
Scott Downing was the MAN as special teams coordinator and kicking coach. He could be had I think. Sterling can't be paying him that much as an administrator. You make room by canning Harry Potter's grandpa. Then you open up the checkbook for an experienced O line coach. Maybe try to find somebody who has coached in this offense with Frost or Chip.

We have very few spots left. We HAVE to save a few of them for the portal. PUNTER dear God please. I think we're about done this year recruiting wise unless we can somehow find a late bloomer scholarship worthy O lineman. From what I've read they would like one more O lineman and one CB. That's it.
We need backup plans. Some players will decommit no doubt

Penalties and special teams can make an average team a bad team in a hurry. How many drives are killed for Nebraska because of false starts? How many of opponents' drives are kept alive by penalties? This team isn't good enough to overcome stupid

That roughing penalty cost us 7 points. Stupid stupid stupid play. Deontre knows better. I don't get it.
We assume he does, it was a selfish act.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
We need backup plans. Some players will decommit no doubt
I don't think we'll lose anybody if we win some games and it looks like Frost's job is safe. I do think that these coaches to a fault probably sell Nebraska over selling themselves. IF he looks like he's gone, no doubt some kids will open up their recruiting though.

Scott Downing was the MAN as special teams coordinator and kicking coach. He could be had I think. Sterling can't be paying him that much as an administrator. You make room by canning Harry Potter's grandpa. Then you open up the checkbook for an experienced O line coach. Maybe try to find somebody who has coached in this offense with Frost or Chip.
Wow I didn't know he was at sterling. Yeah one would think he'd atleast look at that opportunity. From all accounts, have a brother that was acquaintance of his when in Lincoln, downing and family liked it in Lincoln. Fwiw

We assume he does, it was a selfish act.

I don’t mind a couple personal fouls a game because it shows you are playing at the edge of aggressiveness allowed. But for Christ sake don’t do it when alone with the QB right in front of an official. Got to be a little sneaky with the nastiness.

I don’t mind a couple personal fouls a game because it shows you are playing at the edge of aggressiveness allowed. But for Christ sake don’t do it when alone with the QB right in front of an official. Got to be a little sneaky with the nastiness.
I hear ya, that was straight up stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT