ADVERTISEMENT

This board has gone downhill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. He's here for the long haul so buckle up. If you're not down with that I've got two words for ya...........:D

I fully recognize that he's going to be here for a while. I've said as much in other threads. It just pisses me off to see people deflect and try to absolve him of blame.

I fully recognize that he's going to be here for a while. I've said as much in other threads. It just pisses me off to see people deflect and try to absolve him of blame.
It's natural for people to come to somebody they love's defense. Frost has a lot of huge fans in this state. No doubt he's made some mistakes. He's a young head coach and is going to. This is a tough job and for all the money you couldn't get me to take it. No way.

Not likely. It's more likely to be people circling the wagons because he's a Nebraska guy.

Oh it’s likely. You been stuck on stupid with this Frost thing for a bit now. Scott Frost himself is fine. He is a legit coach. It’s a few of his assistants that are bad. If you said that, I’d agree. But you’re stuck on Frost, for what ever reason.

Oh it’s likely. You been stuck on stupid with this Frost thing for a bit now. Scott Frost himself is fine. He is a legit coach. It’s a few of his assistants that are bad. If you said that, I’d agree. But you’re stuck on Frost, for what ever reason.

IIRC, you were one of the idiots that said we wouldn't miss Ozigbo, wouldn't miss Stan, that winning less than 8 this year was next to impossible. You know Jack shit, homie.

Ever since the Solich firing nearly twenty years ago, the same song plays here. Most posters are optimistic that the new coach will turn things around. Within a couple years it hasn’t happened and presto, threads like this gem pop up.

I have news for you. Don’t worry about fans coming here to bitch and moan while the competition fans prepare to travel to their bowl games. Worry when fans stop coming here. A few more years like this one should do the trick.

My opinion is Frost was probably a one hit wonder and his monotone is not being heard after only two seasons. I hope I am wrong but if I feel like expressing those opinions, this is the place for them. My family and friends mostly could care less that we are building on an impressive streak of nearly twenty years of average to pee poor football. I understand many of you love Frost and have only memories of 1997. He was truly masterful. He was also in charge of the offense for that truly horrid 19-0 loss by the two time defending national champs at Tempe the year before. He was also the guy who watched LP drag his girlfriend down a flight of steps. Time will tell if he is the 12-0 guy or just the latest flop for NU. Right now, a winning record in either 2020 or 2021 looks like a long shot.

Reactions: SC_'sker
IIRC, you were one of the idiots that said we wouldn't miss Ozigbo, wouldn't miss Stan, that winning less than 8 this year was next to impossible. You know Jack shit, homie.

quote me, please go back and quote my post. Bet you don’t. Because you’re half right, I thought we had a few players that would make it sting less. But I never said we wouldn’t miss them. That part, AGAIN, your wrong about. Your 0-2 so far my man. Notice I never called you a name or made it personal. But here you go, calling names. Funny how that goes on this board. Someone disagrees and it goes personal

Not likely. It's more likely to be people circling the wagons because he's a Nebraska guy.

Whether he’s a Nebraska guy or not, now isn’t the time not have any faith in him... I could see not having any faith in your buddy Riley because there wasn’t one to begin with...Winking

Reactions: bshirt73
Whether he’s a Nebraska guy or not,now isn’t the time not have any faith in him... I could see not having any faith in your buddy Riley because there wasn’t one to begin with...Winking

You know better than that.

quote me, please go back and quote my post. Bet you donuts you’re half right, I thought we had a few players that would make it sting less. But I never said we wouldn’t miss them. That part, AGAIN, your wrong about. Your 0-2 so far my man. Notice I never called you a name or made it personal. But here you go, calling names. Funny how that goes on this board. Someone disagrees and it goes personal

You went apeshit. Now f right off dude. Biggest Cletus on here. Straight up

You went apeshit. Now f right off dude. Biggest Cletus on here. Straight up

did I? Again I don’t remember doing that at all. I stated my opinion (like everyone does). I will try and repeat myself as closely as I can. I said I thought having Maurice Washington and gaining K Noa and up coming guys like A Hunt and so on that it wouldn’t sting as bad. I said of course we’d miss them, but having guys like Washington would make it sting less. Was I wrong, yep. Hey, at least I own up when wrong. I fail seeing you do that EVER.

All you ever do is ride Topguns coat tail and troll other positive Husker fans that are trying to support their team. You do nothing but spew BS about our team and staff. So we all have a few flaws eh?

did I? Again I don’t remember that. I will try and repeat myself as closely as I can. I said I thought having Maurice Washington and gaining K Noa and up coming guys like A Hunt and so on that it would sting as bad. I said of course we’d miss them, but having guys like Washington would make it sting less. Was I wrong, yep. Hey, at least I owe up when wrong. I fail seeing you do that EVER.

All you ever do is ride Topguns coat tail and troll other positive Husker fans that are trying to support their team. You do nothing but spew BS about our team and staff. So we all have a few flaws eh?

Toppy is my bitch. You are a well-known Cletus. You were wrong as hell but crapped on everyone that wasn't in full Kool aid guzzle mode this off-season.

Toppy is my bitch. You are a well-known Cletus. You were wrong as hell but crapped on everyone that wasn't in full Kool aid guzzle mode this off-season.

agreed, I was wrong. How could anyone guess Washington would leave like he did and who knew K Noa would basically be a bust and A Hunt would get into trouble? I definitely didn’t see that coming. Did you? I’d have guess NO. But yes sir, was off and wrong there. But again, I never said we wouldn’t miss them. I said I thought it would sting less. I knew losing Stan Morgan would hurt. But I’ll admit, I thought we’d replace Ozigbo easily. :(

You can talk all you want about this board going to shit, but the fact of the matter is that we are in unprecedented territory when it comes to the football program. This will be the third year in a row that we won’t go bowling and that hasn’t happened since the 50’s. People don’t know what to do. Everyone handles adversity different ways. Some like to vent. Some like to take the high road. Some just don’t post. I see people say that they have never seen the board this bad and I beg to differ. I have been around since the end of the Frank Solich era and there have been times when it has been just as bad. Frank’s firing. Callahans 2007 collapse. Bo Pelini’s meltdowns. Riley’s hiring(although his firing may have united this fan base as much as anything).

People are going to express their opinions good and bad. Frost has brought some of this on himself. Some of it he hasn’t deserved. We just need to remember that we are all Husker fans and we all have opinions about what is wrong and what needs fixed and how long it’s going to take. We ask that you just allow people to have their opinions and not attack them about it. We all want to win. Some just have more patience than others.

I really meant it the other day when I said Happy Thanksgiving and I love all of you dysfunctional people. I don’t hold it against anyone for holding a different opinion than me.
Damn well said!!! Very dark time for the program indeed. People getting on their soapboxes and giving speeches on both sides. The beauty of a message board is to share your thoughts on a topic. Some posters moved onto next season the second the Iowa football split the uprights - others have a period of frustration to get past this season and move on. Sometimes getting it out of your system on a message board is therapeutic. Thank you @kaz36 for being level headed and not banning folks because their opinions don’t line up with others. The beauty of this board is diversity.

This forum has jumped the shark.

I cant believe some of the crap Im reading on here.

Before I dig in, let me first say this season was overall a failure. Frost needs to improve a lot in many areas. This is to prevent mindless idiots from hijacking the thread and trying to put words in my mouth.

Some of you are worse than junior high girls. The JD thread has gone off the rails and I cant believe some of the “respected” posters on this forum are crawling in the shit with all the others. In that thread its been said that:

-JD is leaving (absolutely no proof or evidence at this point. If he leaves we will find out. Negative speculation until that point is unwarranted to him and NU).
-Frost sucks and JD is leaving because of him (zero proof or evidence)
-JD wasn’t our best slot anyway and was always hurt so no big loss (absolutely classless and totally false).
-JD hasn't bought in, pr frost is too tough, or JD liked everyone who left, hates frost, etc etc etc when NONE of you have any evidence that anything of the nature is true.

It reminds me of the Bill Moos shitstorm from earlier in the year when some “fans” on here were so giddy to jump in and sling mud at our AD and were falling over each other to be the next to say “ a ‘source’ told me this this this yadda uadda...” None of that was true. The posters who spread those lies never apologized nor admitted they were wrong, and lo and behold some are there in the JD thread. So are the posters who ate every bit of gossip they could get without question.

Remind me of Ozigbo being on weed. Absolutely zero evidence of this. Fought this one tooth and nail because I had a good connection with Ozigbo and knew it was all false.

On top of that we got posters whose goal in life is to shit all over every thread with as much negativity as possible. Nothing wrong with being critical, I can start a thread on that if you'd like my opinions, but dang some of you fools even hijack positive threads with “I hope yadda yadda (negative negative negative]. You guys must be a blast to hang around.

And frankly Ive had enough of this quarterback crap. Adrian Martinez struggled this year but he was still a good QB. Some of you morons think that because mccaffrey came in and threw a touchdown on a very WELL designed diversion play (which no one seems to give Frost credit for) it means that if he would just play he would throw a touchdown every play. The truth is whenever mccaffrey does start at Nebraska, the first sign of trouble you dame idiots will be clamoring for Smothers.

Newsflash: he isnt ready yet. AM gave us the best shot to win. Frost tried using mccaffrey in situations where he could succeed and he did well, if he takes every snap against Iowa it doesn't go near as well.

And stop this “I hope theres a true QB competition this off season and frost doesn't just trot AM out there” bullshit. What you mean is you want Mccaffrey. What if there is a competition and AM wins? None of you would ever believe it, you just believe the worst. You hypocrites are doing EXACTLY what you are blaming frost for: playing favorites. Frost doesn't have favorites these are all his guys, it’s obvious he’s trying to get mccafrey on the field!

Y’all need to chill out. If you hate Nebraska so much friggin leave. If its drama or gossip you want, go to the salon or turn on Days of our Lives. Theres enough to be critical about without creating extra drama, and there are positives we can celebrate without taking a steamy dump right on top of the cake every time someone brings them up.

TLDR, I get it. End rant.
You talk too much. The Huskers will be fine, the problem on this board is the Chief fans. No team in all of sports is more shitty than the Chiefs and their fans are all idiots. Not a single fan among them is decent.

You can talk all you want about this board going to shit, but the fact of the matter is that we are in unprecedented territory when it comes to the football program. This will be the third year in a row that we won’t go bowling and that hasn’t happened since the 50’s. People don’t know what to do. Everyone handles adversity different ways. Some like to vent. Some like to take the high road. Some just don’t post. I see people say that they have never seen the board this bad and I beg to differ. I have been around since the end of the Frank Solich era and there have been times when it has been just as bad. Frank’s firing. Callahans 2007 collapse. Bo Pelini’s meltdowns. Riley’s hiring(although his firing may have united this fan base as much as anything).

People are going to express their opinions good and bad. Frost has brought some of this on himself. Some of it he hasn’t deserved. We just need to remember that we are all Husker fans and we all have opinions about what is wrong and what needs fixed and how long it’s going to take. We ask that you just allow people to have their opinions and not attack them about it. We all want to win. Some just have more patience than others.

I really meant it the other day when I said Happy Thanksgiving and I love all of you dysfunctional people. I don’t hold it against anyone for holding a different opinion than me.
I agree the board has been bad many times in the past, so right now is no different. My problem is humans can make it through life as long as we have hope. Like, my financial situation is bad, but I'm going to win the lottery. Hope keeps us going. But I have no more hope for NU football. We are stuck with a head coach that appears to lack general football concepts. It doesn't matter who he recruits, how many people "buy in" or whatever. Right now Frost doesn't understand basic common sense such as if a play loses yards the first five times you run it, maybe you should put it on a shelf. If you need to burn clock, don't put your team in a bad spot by calling a run to your typically unaware QB. People like me are angry because for the first time in my long life, I have no hope for Nebraska football.

Reactions: kaz36 and SC_'sker
And frankly Ive had enough of this quarterback crap. Adrian Martinez struggled this year but he was still a good QB.
I think it's fair to say Martinez wasn't all there in the middle of the 3rd quarter when he ran out of bounds untouched for 2 yards on 3rd and 7 still down 24-10 (I believe it was the first possession of the 3rd quarter), and calling for him to be pulled at that point isn't absurd given he didn't show any fight.

But I appreciate your rant nonetheless.

I’m all for an open competition between Adrain Martinez and Luke McCaffrey this offseason. Then play the best QBS. I honestly think Luke gives us the best shot. Dudes dynamic with his legs and he’s plenty accurate enough as a thrower. As we all know, those McCaffreys are legit ballers. All they do is win.

Some people come here for information on the program. Despite those choosing to not believe it, JD transferring is not a secret. I have no idea if he will but it’s something that is running rampant around Lincoln.

Wandale’s dad liking tweets bashing Frost and the use of Wandale wasn’t a secret either. It was all out in the open. I’m sure he, like most fans were frustrated that Frost and the team blew another win after the Purdue game.

The Mo Washington debacle was posted on here before Frost ever announced it. Will the rumor of JD transferring be true? I have no idea. But I for one would like to come here and get information on what everyone is hearing in regards to the program.

Reactions: scarletred
This OP has nothing to do with absolving him of blame, as indicated in the very beginning... so go find a thread that does and piss and moan in that one.

People have reading comprehension issues. This post was not about whether frost is the right man for the job.

Reactions: saluno22
Its fine if you didnt wanna read it...but...
Then why feel the need to come in here guns blazin? Bow out and start your own thread.

funny how that works. It’s so easy just to move along and find another thread if they disagree or don’t like it. Nope, they choose to tell how much they disagree with it or how stupid THEY THINK it is. FML

Reactions: wkato
Its fine if you didnt wanna read it...but...
Then why feel the need to come in here guns blazin? Bow out and start your own thread.

AGAIN, IT WASNT DIRECTED AT YOU. Most of the crap I said in here was directed at the known losers who want everybody else to be a loser right along with them. The ones that REFUSE to hear any criticism of the Golden boy.

AGAIN, IT WASNT DIRECTED AT YOU. Most of the crap I said in here was directed at the known losers who want everybody else to be a loser right along with them. The ones that REFUSE to hear any criticism of the Golden boy.

lol and you’re any better? You can’t make this shit up...wow. Everyone has different views and sees things differently. It kills some that they won’t see it their way...this is one.

funny how that works. It’s so easy just to move along and find another thread if they disagree or don’t like it. Nope, they choose to tell how much they disagree with it or how stupid THEY THINK it is. FML

You hillbilly, you could've just moved along when people voiced concerns in the off-season, but noooooo!!!! You had to try and shout people down and be an ass. You and the rest of the Cletii.

lol and you’re any better? You can’t make this shit up...wow. Everyone has different views and sees things differently. It kills some that they won’t see it their way...this is one.

You can barely read and write and you're on here talking shit and then you find out you were wrong all along and now you're wondering why people are pissed? GTFO hick

I realize that but...what does that have to do with the thread here?
Nevermind, you cant understand the point of staying on topic.
Disagree or agree with my post or leave and find a thread that is discussing “no criticism about golden boy”, (which I would also disagree with.)

I realize that but...what does that have to do with the thread here?
Nevermind, you cant understand the point of staying on topic.
Disagree or agree with my post or leave and find a thread that is discussing “no criticism about golden boy”, (which I would also disagree with.)

It is in response to others ITT.

Nevermind, you must not be capable of abstract thought.

and man you’re on a roll. You’re on fire with the name calling today. Someone definitely takes it personally if others don’t have your views of things. First I’m an idiot and now others are losers...all because they disagree with your view and have their own opinions. Dam bro...need a number to Blue Valley or a place like that?

I can call a waaaaaambulance for you, salts. It works, it helped Toppy a time or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT