ADVERTISEMENT

This board and coaching searches

rimsnef

Walk On
Oct 11, 2004
I’m 41 years old. The last 22 of my 41 years have been filled with rumors or suggestions of who should be our next head coach. Aren’t you guys tired? I check this board every once in a while to see if there is any new information. There isn’t. Just opinions, rants, debates, and blame that nobody gives a shit about. Chill out. The state of this board is somewhere between redundant and pathetic. Go watch some quality football on Sunday. Go spend some time with your family. The fact that some of you have such strong opinions of which coach has the qualifications to lead this 3-win football program is a little off.
It doesn’t matter who is to blame, it needs to be fixed. It doesn’t matter who the next head coach is, they need to be given a fair shot by the fan base.

scared forrest gump GIF

I’m 41 years old. The last 22 of my 41 years have been filled with rumors or suggestions of who should be our next head coach. Aren’t you guys tired? I check this board every once in a while to see if there is any new information. There isn’t. Just opinions, rants, debates, and blame that nobody gives a shit about. Chill out. The state of this board is somewhere between redundant and pathetic. Go watch some quality football on Sunday. Go spend some time with your family. The fact that some of you have such strong opinions of which coach has the qualifications to lead this 3-win football program is a little off.
It doesn’t matter who is to blame, it needs to be fixed. It doesn’t matter who the next head coach is, they need to be given a fair shot by the fan base.
Are you suggesting bill O’Brien or Dave Aranda? Or lane Kiffin?

That is fair. It really does not matter though. This program cannot get much worse. I’m not sure they are better than any power 5 program in the country (not hyperbole). Hire anybody.

Clearly we know who OPie's choice for NU coach is....
man-40.gif
My youngest son is older than the OP.

The first, and last time, my son ever tried to question how much time I spend on whatever I was doing, it was a good teaching moment for him.

I'm the Dad, I don't answer questions, I ask questions.

If I and others on this forum choose to spend some, or all, of our time talking about the coaching search, have a little discussion, or rant, it's really none of the OP's business.

I've done just fine for 68 years without his advice or counsel.

Don't take it personally rimsnef, okay?

Trev?

I’m not offended by any of it. It just makes me cringe a little bit. The only reason I pointed out my age was to show that it has been over half of my life since there was any stability within the Nebraska football program….and I consider myself old. Not 68 years old, but still old. No offense.

Reactions: LegendaryFrechFry
“I’m the dad, I don’t answer questions, I ask questions”. Never heard that one before. I’m gonna use that one the next time I want my son to lose respect for me. Don’t take it personal.

Reactions: Frozone
I’m not offended by any of it. It just makes me cringe a little bit. The only reason I pointed out my age was to show that it has been over half of my life since there was any stability within the Nebraska football program….and I consider myself old. Not 68 years old, but still old. No offense.
rimsnet, it's all good. Old guys like scarlet, myself, and others have been NU fans since 1962. We enjoyed the climb in the 60s to win the National title, as well as the great run all the way through the late '90s.

The last 2 decades have been brutal. In those early years, I was 9 years old, it was a huge part of my life. It remained important in my life for a lot of years, then the downfall happened and the interest and desire to return to being a competitive team remain a constant.

Championships are a hundred miles away. Being able to ever duplicate the Devaney hiring, followed by TO is a thousand miles away. But, there always remains the "possibility" there could be a Devaney-type out there somewhere.

It's not likely, and college football has passed NU by now having 100 teams capable of beating this collection of athletes and coaches. None of us know who will be the new coach, we're all just dealing with guesses.

Some of us will be happy, others pissed, and still, others just dejected. As for myself, I've said multiple times, whoever the new coach is I'll be willing to give him a year and a half to prove his method is the answer.

Peace out.

Or, maybe worry about how you spend your time? It’s a Nebraska football message for Christs sake. And congrats on hitting 41. Solid.

Reactions: headcard
“I’m the dad, I don’t answer questions, I ask questions”. Never heard that one before. I’m gonna use that one the next time I want my son to lose respect for me. Don’t take it personal.
Fast forward 27 years and see if your son is still calling and texting you every day because he doesn't respect you.

All families have different dynamics that work. You and I come from different generations.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It's called a discussion board for a reason. If you don't want to discuss these things, then don't post.

No doubt, 68 is getting up there. Sorry, but 41 is a pretty young guy!

When I was 41, Gill/Rozier and Fryar were the Triplets, and we hard-core Husker fans were in the process of getting our feelings hurt by Clemson. That almost seems like a lifetime ago.

My youngest son is 43, so he has had a similar experience with you. I hope to heck, by the time you reach my age, the Huskers will have turned this thing around and you will have a couple of decades of winning football to enjoy.

I'll be gone, but I'd hate it if you were on the Husker board still having a keen interest in the success or failure of this football team.

And nothing better to do with your time. LOL

This is a very odd post to me. You are 41 years old, so you were able to witness championship level football during your HS and college years. Plus cheering for a Husker Heisman Trophy winner and watching the greatest defensive player in CFB history. But you just don’t care anymore because we aren’t good right now? And people that do are pathetic?

The thought that it also does not matter who the coach is going to be, because we are bad, is just strange. I would say hiring the right coach is more important now than it has ever been. But to each their own, I guess.

This message board is clearly for entertainment purposes. This should not be the place you look to for breaking news. The rants, complaints, opinions, and bravado are just the side show to the 3 ring circus we call Husker football.

The fact that probably over 30% of the posters here these days are trolls (poor ones, mind you) from other fan bases, is directly related to the current state of the program.

These beta sub-humans have been waiting literally their entire lives for this down cycle, not to promote their own teams accomplishments, no. But merely to talk trash after years, and sometimes decades of abuse delivered by the Big Red Machine.

They likely have PTSD, and some have probably worked the system from their parents basements to receive federal benefits. I truly feel sorry for them.

My youngest son is older than the OP.

The first, and last time, my son ever tried to question how much time I spend on whatever I was doing, it was a good teaching moment for him.

I'm the Dad, I don't answer questions, I ask questions.

If I and others on this forum choose to spend some, or all, of our time talking about the coaching search, have a little discussion, or rant, it's really none of the OP's business.

I've done just fine for 68 years without his advice or counsel.

Don't take it personally rimsnef, okay?
I think what the OP is saying, it's a bunch of noise. It's not anything of substance. It's just a lot of frustrated fans. Sure, we can use this board as an outlet. We are just being irrational.
It's called a discussion board for a reason. If you don't want to discuss these things, then don't post.
He's trying to say that people are idiots. Posting out of emotion and not reason. i.e. You!

Reactions: Charlie Marlow
This message board is clearly for entertainment purposes. This should not be the place you look to for breaking news. The rants, complaints, opinions, and bravado are just the side show to the 3 ring circus we call Husker football.

The fact that probably over 30% of the posters here these days are trolls (poor ones, mind you) from other fan bases, is directly related to the current state of the program.

These beta sub-humans have been waiting literally their entire lives for this down cycle, not to promote their own teams accomplishments, no. But merely to talk trash after years, and sometimes decades of abuse delivered by the Big Red Machine.

They likely have PTSD, and some have probably worked the system from their parents basements to receive federal benefits. I truly feel sorry for them.
Thank goodness we have insiders like bigtimebooster, and landon what's his name? I'd be lost without landon's source and his hot tip on Deion making final plans to come to Lincoln.

It has been a 3 ring circus. When one of the guys is touting Tommie Frasier as the new HC, you know we've gone off the reservation.

Someone should do a countdown clock that expires the Sunday following the Iowa game. If nothing is announced by Trev by then, something has really gone haywire. Then we'll really see a circus in here.

That is fair. It really does not matter though. This program cannot get much worse. I’m not sure they are better than any power 5 program in the country (not hyperbole). Hire anybody.
The state of the board is "somewhere between redundant and pathetic"..... and you're pointing out that the program cannot get much worse and that we're a bottom dweller.

Is that a fresh take?

I think what the OP is saying, it's a bunch of noise. It's not anything of substance. It's just a lot of frustrated fans. Sure, we can use this board as an outlet. We are just being irrational.

He's trying to say that people are idiots. Posting out of emotion and not reason. i.e. You!
I got his inference. I also reserve the right to express my opinion(s). LOL

I just turned 56. I'm a man and as half, muthafuc****. Y'all have been posting shit. Mickey deserves better. I realize it's more of the same since Scott Fraud got canned, but Mickey was not part of the OG. He's still got the same players and still got the same staff (sans Chins). I think that AD Alberts will make the best decision. Just let me up so I can breathe!

rimsnef, spot on. I don't care who they hire, be it Mickey, or some other coach. What the Huskers don't need is someone that jumps ship every 3-4 years for the next big paycheck. Huskers need a long term coach, someone who will install a system (any system), and stay with it. Just recruit the players for it, practice it, and just get good at it. Be it the option, triple option, west coast, spread, pistol Pete, run and gun, don't care. I just don't think the fans will know until after the Iowa game. Of course this is just my opinion, could be wrong.

Reactions: bigboxes
Well, you could always go to twitter, reddit, or another board. You know, those places where they never mention coaching searches or speculate at all.

Preach it brother!

ADVERTISEMENT