ADVERTISEMENT

This a cool pic. Appropriate for Memorial Day...

MAG

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Bald Eagle perched on grave stone at Fort Snelling national cemetery.

safe_image.php

safe_image.php

Thanks for posting here. It was shared on RSS yesterday and a poster there stated both his parents are buried here.

safe_image.php
As a former vet (never served in conflict just a national guard member) I am humbled by the ultimate sacrifice made by hundreds of thousands of American patriots made. God Bless you, your family, and for the reason of your sacrifice.

Reactions: sparky62
You know what? The more I look at this picture the more I wonder if it has been photoshopped. Possible. I hope not, but possible.

You know what? The more I look at this picture the more I wonder if it has been photoshopped. Possible. I hope not, but possible.

It was my first thought to be totally honest. If it is real, it ranks as one of the all time great pics in my book. If it's fake, whoever did it has some esplaining to do..

Living in the twin cities and seeing many burials at Ft. Snelling, there are plenty of bald eagles in the habitat. My wife and I saw one last month in the suburb we live in grabbing road kill off the street in front of Target...

My point is, it could be legitimate, as the habitat supports bald eagles here...

Not sure if this is shopped or not, but certainly believe it could be real. My father passed away this past January and he had previously made all his arrangements including military honors. During the ceremony at the cemetery a bald eagle swooped over the tent and then circled above. I didn't get to witness it, as I was receiving the flag under the tent, but everyone that was there who saw it said it was pretty unbelievable. Like it flew in on queue after it heard the rifles fire. I can just imagine my dad setting things up; I'd like taps, a 21 gun solute, a flag, oh and throw in a bald eagle to boot. Pretty cool.

The photographer was on a couple of news shows this morning discussing this and a few other shots he took at that time.

I believe it is the real thing also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT