ADVERTISEMENT

These guys don’t seem to be hurting

B1G RED RULES

First Team All-Big Ten
Sep 7, 2013
I’ve watched endless interviews of the coaches and players and these losses appear to not be hurting. Watch interviews of great programs when they lose. They are devastated, pissed, and ready to change it with the next game. For too long at Nebraska, we get coaches and players strolling up to the microphone with these cliched talking points. They just rattle them off and skip off to the next event. Is this a result of Frost’s culture of being a friend coach?

I’ve watched endless interviews of the coaches and players and these losses appear to not be hurting. Watch interviews of great programs when they lose. They are devastated, pissed, and ready to change it with the next game. For too long at Nebraska, we get coaches and players strolling up to the microphone with these cliched talking points. They just rattle them off and skip off to the next event. Is this a result of Frost’s culture of being a friend coach?

With losing so much for the past 2 and half decades, the losses have become numb to the players. At this point they are more devastating to the fans than the players.

I personally believe it's more of a reflection of today's college athlete.

It’s a tough position to be a young player and have to address the media after a game like that. Then they have to be seen on campus or around town.
I won’t overly scrutinize the players for that when they’ve been failed by the group getting paid big money to help them succeed.

Some didn’t want to read too much into Frost’s snarky presser, but I think the douchey attitude doesn’t do anyone any favors when the product is pitiful. It only reinforces negativity as it’s paired with the BS performance.

Well for many in the younger generation you can’t give any constructive criticism before their feelings get hurt. I work with some of them. New flash...things in life are not always easy and when the going gets tough, the tough need to get going. Nebraska football has not been tough around here for about 15 years or more. Some programs have it ingrained some don’t. We’ve lost it. Nebraska hasn’t always had the most talented athletes. Most of the time not the most talented, but the thing is they were tough and would out work the competition. Teams may have beat us but they were feeling the physical effects weeks after playing us. Our teams have really gotten soft. No other way to put it.

Ah yes, blame the current generation for everything.
Well, when you have kids that won't play in a bowl game because they are afraid they will get injured and therefore hurt their draft chances, one has to believe it is a different culture. And I'm not saying it's wrong it's just a different generation.

They don't upset me as much anymore either. At some point you have to preserve your mental health.
I guess this is what it needs to come to. Being realistic and letting go of the passion. It’s another way to describe apathy. Maybe the program needs that. Maybe more fans should not tune in or follow the Huskers. Maybe too many fans are putting too much pressure on the coaches and players. Instead of 85,000 fans maybe just half or a quarter of that should show up. Maybe they’ll play better?

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT