ADVERTISEMENT

There were a lot of penalties

moralvictories

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 22, 2022
The fact that there were so many penalties has to raise some question marks for those who are wanting Mickey Joseph to get the job.

Ehhh...I somewhat agree. The 2 fouls on Corcoran were brutally bad calls. And we didn't have stupid back breaking penalties when they had 3rd and 20's. Frosts teams had penalties at the worse possible times.

The fact that there were so many penalties has to raise some question marks for those who are wanting Mickey Joseph to get the job.
I don’t think anyone is saying Joseph is their number one candidate.

Tonight he simply went from being someone who wasn’t on my wish list at all to someone I am open minded about if he continues to impress as a coach. The difficulty of the situation he inherited can’t be overstated.

The officials there are known to throw a lot of flags. IU had a lot of penalties as well.

BS. This was one of the worst officiated gms. I've seen in a long time. So many terrible calls
There were some frivolous calls, but we also had a lot of self inflicted problems too.

Our offensive line really stood out in a bad way with penalties. They also have some blame for our intentional grounding penalties.

I do believe part of it is just adjusting the focus to “go be aggressive and make mistakes at 100 mph”. I can live with that in the short-run….but think it’s something that will get fixed

Reactions: SickOfPractice
I thought both penalties against Corcoran were bad calls. I thought the pass interference call against us near the sideline should have been ruled an uncatchable ball and a no call. I thought Indiana got screwed a couple times too. I thought the refs were calling anything they could and making themselves intrusive. A lot of ticky-tack calls in my opinion.

It was very disruptive to the flow of the game with so many penalties, on both sides.

That the Huskers were able to battle through that, as well as battling Indiana, I'll take as a positive for now.

This is still a team that hasn't been able to overcome their self-induced problems recently. Last night was different.

ADVERTISEMENT