There is no societal obligation to get the vaccine

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
That might piss off the Covid warriors on the board, but let’s rationally discuss where we are at with this pandemic. I fully admit that this information may change AND you who have gotten the vaccine were sold a false bill of goods.

We are now being told that there is very little difference between vaccinated people and unvaccinated people when it comes to the spread of this new Delta variant. So whether you got the shot or didn’t get the shot, your chances of getting the virus and spreading it to someone else is virtually the same. So you couldn’t make a difference if 0% or 100% of the population were vaccinated.

Second of all, we’re hearing MUCH higher rates of antibodies in India than we thought, and I’m going to guess that it is the same in the US. Therefore, your ability to fight the infection may be the same for vaccinated and those who have already fought off the original strain.

The only other selling point is that we don’t want to overwhelm the hospitals and morgues with dead people. Breakthrough infection symptoms are now just as bad and as deadly as getting it without the vaccine.

So, it is boiling down to whether you want to protect yourself from the virus or the vaccine. Does that choice have to be made by your government?

bldhuskerred

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jun 2, 2003
So another Orange marmalade boondoggle sticking us with Operation Warpspeed is what you are saying?

Reactions: 94husker

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
That might piss off the Covid warriors on the board, but let’s rationally discuss where we are at with this pandemic. I fully admit that this information may change AND you who have gotten the vaccine were sold a false bill of goods.

We are now being told that there is very little difference between vaccinated people and unvaccinated people when it comes to the spread of this new Delta variant. So whether you got the shot or didn’t get the shot, your chances of getting the virus and spreading it to someone else is virtually the same. So you couldn’t make a difference if 0% or 100% of the population were vaccinated.

Second of all, we’re hearing MUCH higher rates of antibodies in India than we thought, and I’m going to guess that it is the same in the US. Therefore, your ability to fight the infection may be the same for vaccinated and those who have already fought off the original strain.

The only other selling point is that we don’t want to overwhelm the hospitals and morgues with dead people. Breakthrough infection symptoms are now just as bad and as deadly as getting it without the vaccine.

So, it is boiling down to whether you want to protect yourself from the virus or the vaccine. Does that choice have to be made by your government?
Again a bunch of Garbage you are saying shit that is not at all true. WHY WHY, do you put false crap out in the public. It is idiots like you making assumption that put people lives in jeopardy. Just shut the hell up if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
Donald Trumps vaccine is a huge failure! Operation Warp Speed nothing but a waste of tax payer dollars. @Oldschool1964 and I couldn't be more disappointed in Trump and the previous administration for developing such an ineffective (and sad!) vaccine!
and you are impressed with the leader of the free world? who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. better off turning teleprompter around and let people read it.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
and you are impressed with the leader of the free world? who cannot walk and chew gum at the same time. better off turning teleprompter around and let people read it.
Yesterdays news here. Biden has proved he has his faculties a lot better than some on this web site and a hell of a lot more that Donnie ever had. Donnie should be in a mental institution. He is dangerous.

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
Yesterdays news here. Biden has proved he has his faculties a lot better than some on this web site and a hell of a lot more that Donnie ever had. Donnie should be in a mental institution. He is dangerous.
maybe they have room for you and joey. going as a couple.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Again a bunch of Garbage you are saying shit that is not at all true. WHY WHY, do you put false crap out in the public. It is idiots like you making assumption that put people lives in jeopardy. Just shut the hell up if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
If you call him about saying untrue stuff come back with legit facts.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
If you call him about saying untrue stuff come back with legit facts.
Hell put facts on this board from the CDC and other doctors for weeks keeping people up to date on the latest information.

Cash68847

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2017
Hell put facts on this board from the CDC and other doctors for weeks keeping people up to date on the latest information.
Here is a question for you. Why should a young healthy person get vaccinated at this point?

JOHNNY N

Athletic Director
Sep 24, 2003
tenor.gif

zar45

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2016

I think you may be conflating peak viral load in an infected vaccinated person vs. an infected unvaccinated person with total probability of spread between a generic vaccinated individual vs. a generic unvaccinated individual.

Redblooded

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Sure. But he was a great president. Joe is dementia riddle old man who keeps saying racist shit....also charges 10%.
LMAO!!!!!! Trump a great president, now that is funny as hell! That tells me a lot about you. Trump was the worst President this country has ever had. He was horrible and very bad for the Republican party.

Hail Varsity

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2001

I got the vaccine and I'm glad I did. Does it make a difference? I can't say with 100% authority it does or doesn't, but my belief based on the data is that it will minimize the impact of COVID if I get the virus. I had no adverse affects from it and it was no big deal.

Similarly, I've probably received 8 or 10 vaccines and shots of one kind or another since infancy, and I don't know if they work either, but no one made a fuss about me getting them at any point. I just know that doctors, my parents or I made choices to get these vaccines as a way of protecting my health and, presumably, to make sure I didn't pass viruses or disease on to others.

Hardlyboy

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2011
Here is a question for you. Why should a young healthy person get vaccinated at this point?
Let’s assume this young healthy person has some critical thinking ability and can understand basic stats. Chance of vaccine causing hospitalization or death - 0%. Chance of COVID causing hospitalization or death - > 0%

Last edited:

damcde

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2007

Except that the symptoms are not the same with Delta variant between those vaccinated and those unvaccinated. The vast majority of hospitalizations are still unvaccinated, and the
protection against hospitalizations still are well over 90 percent. Even in Israel where they are seeing the decrease in effectiveness in symptomatic disease.

You can look at pretty much every other respiratory virus, and see the same exact thing happen with natural infection. You literally get reinfected with the same viruses throughout your lifetime, something’s year after year. But you don’t end up in the hospital with something like RSV unless it is your first time, or you are older and have a weakened immune system. Because you immune e response protecting your lungs remains for a long time. Just like it would be expected for the vaccines.

As for the ability to spread, most of the data has all been snapshots of PCR data. The CDC report is honestly crappy, putting in their control group “vaccination status unknown”. How the hell that was allowed is puzzling. But there is no confirmation that the virus is actually viable (no plaque assay), nor how long the shedding happens for. For other variants, the viral load is modest (about half) but the time shedding is much much lower (by a week in some cases). Which from a purely immunological standpoint makes perfect sense. It takes a few days for T cells to get rolling even for memory, and IgG isn’t gonna be real helpful until the virus starts making into the lower respiratory tract. But once they kick in they should clear much much faster.

With that, as @zar45 already posted, a paper came out a couple of days ago showing that even though the vivo ram load was the same, those vaccinated cleared much faster.

As for long-Covid, it is well documented to happen with natural infection, with some studies saying up to 30 percent of people getting it. However, the evidence thus far strongly suggests that breakthrough infections are much less likely to get long COVID. The UK just came out with a report on this last week.

Lastly, this obsession with antibody levels in India completely ignores that to get to that point, they had an estimated 4 million people die. I absolutely guarantee that they would have rather gotten to “herd immunity” (if they even did) by vaccination and having virtually zero deaths and hospitalizations.

Last edited:

Husker Hank

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2009
Why do you?

jbskers

Athletic Director
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
aye aye Comrade

Jhollenbeck41

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2018
You actually thought this thread would go any different than the other 900 posted in the last year and a half? Wow

Reactions: DRay827

jsachisler

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 6, 2005
chadron, ne.
lets take a vote on how many people support biden with the nuclear codes.

• Haha
Reactions: jbskers

stevehammer

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2001

You are quite literally retarded.

Latest posts