ADVERTISEMENT

The wussification of our society is starting to bleed into our sports.

GammaxuvirHusker

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 8, 2014
If things stay on their current trajectory we won't even recognize the game in 10 years. Halo rules on punt returns, revised kickoff rules, no "targeting", no hitting the QB if he goes into a slide, no hitting "defenseless players", and now they're throwing flags if you hit someone too hard. I hate what they're doing to the game and I suspect it's only going to get worse.

to be honest, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten to the point where the liabilities outweigh the risks and the sport is cancelled.. it's only about the money now.

I seriously predict that within our lifetime, it'll either become professional flag football or robots duking out the physical game that we actually want, but at expense of human aspect. Either way it's sad.

If things stay on their current trajectory we won't even recognize the game in 10 years. Halo rules on punt returns, revised kickoff rules, no "targeting", no hitting the QB if he goes into a slide, no hitting "defenseless players", and now they're throwing flags if you hit someone too hard. I hate what they're doing to the game and I suspect it's only going to get worse.
I was thinking the same thing. There were so many stoppages of play, during which time the announcers discussed the rules ad nauseam. Totally kills the rhythm. I found a lot of the game rather boring.

Reactions: GammaxuvirHusker
I was thinking the same thing. There were so many stoppages of play, during which time the announcers discussed the rules ad nauseam. Totally kills the rhythm. I found a lot of the game rather boring.
so defeatist.. geez dude

6 nations rugby this morning...... all versions of football have been a poor product at best for a while now, IMO
Ireland 50 - 17 Italy, next week is Wales v Scotland, France v Ireland & Italy v England, enjoy and you are welcome!

Reactions: baseball31ne

Nice one tough guy. Are you out on the field getting clanked in the head by the best athletes in the world?

Sports are dying. Look at the TV ratings, every sport is hitting an all time low. Sure politics and covid are factors here but the audience is drying up. The zoomers don't watch live sports.

Football was about to be sued out of existence due to the proven and long-lasting effects of concussions. It was either adapt to reduce concussions or go the way of the Roman Empire.

• Sad
Reactions: BleedRed78
I find it pretty fascinating that players are doing a MUCH better job of avoiding the head-to-head contact that used to be a regular part of big hits.... and they're still get kicked out. They simply have to change the rule to stop kicking out guys left and right.

College football will be dying in 10 years because fewer and fewer kids play, and very few people care about it. It is a stupid sport, it has a corrupt past, present, and future and the greed that forced conference realignment, win at all costs rules, and the SEC to dominate will force it into a regional sport...likely no different than mens volleyball on the west coast, or lacrosse on the east. On the point of big hits....a big hit is necessary because you are out of position...a kid shouldn't be concussed because he beat you, and you then lead with your helmet out of frustration. There were 3 targeting reviews...two were correct, one was a tossup.

• Haha
with covid killing the economy and the government not being able to afford ink to print money. the opposite could happen and we could all be headed back to the colosseum days🗡

with covid killing the economy and the government not being able to afford ink to print money. the opposite could happen and we could all be headed back to the colosseum days🗡
Basketball and volleyball are moving back?

😀

College football will be dying in 10 years because fewer and fewer kids play, and very few people care about it. It is a stupid sport, it has a corrupt past, present, and future and the greed that forced conference realignment, win at all costs rules, and the SEC to dominate will force it into a regional sport...likely no different than mens volleyball on the west coast, or lacrosse on the east. On the point of big hits....a big hit is necessary because you are out of position...a kid shouldn't be concussed because he beat you, and you then lead with your helmet out of frustration. There were 3 targeting reviews...two were correct, one was a tossup.

Boo this man!!!

ADVERTISEMENT