ADVERTISEMENT

The West is still winnable

Interim coaches can turn things around quickly if they've got the right stuff. Especially if the head man was a disaster, which he was. And if we have hidden talent on the team, which I think we do. If Mickey has the right stuff, there's no reason we shouldn't be in the discussion to make a run in-conference.
We lost to a cupcake and start 0-1. I would say that’s great reason

I root for Nebraska and hope all other b1g teams go winless while suffering the most horrendous luck possible
If/when Nebraska becomes relevant again, you will change your tune. If Nebraska was preseason Top-12 and hoping for a Playoff spot...you'd dang-sure be a big Big Ten fan in the non-conference. You'd want all of us ranked highly when you played us.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
If/when Nebraska becomes relevant again, you will change your tune. If Nebraska was preseason Top-12 and hoping for a Playoff spot...you'd dang-sure be a big Big Ten fan in the non-conference. You'd want all of us ranked highly when you played us.
With a 12 team playoff, that would no longer matter. Boo your team I hope they lose all the games

With a 12 team playoff, that would no longer matter. Boo your team I hope they lose all the games
If Nebraska was on the bubble of being selected for the Playoff, you'd all be hoping the teams on your upcoming schedule were ranked as highly as possible.

And even without the Playoff, it's nice to be ranked as highly as possible. If you guys get back to near Top-25 status, you'll change your tune.

If Nebraska was on the bubble of being selected for the Playoff, you'd all be hoping the teams on your upcoming schedule were ranked as highly as possible.

And even without the Playoff, it's nice to be ranked as highly as possible. If you guys get back to near Top-25 status, you'll change your tune.
Nope, he’s right

the big ten has a huge advantage in that the media sucks it off every chance it gets

we need no favors from the likes of our conf peers

Reactions: BleedRed78
I know with our defense this seems laughable.

I'm just saying, there is still a lot to play for this season. I'm hoping Mickey can keep the team motivated and they don't start thinking about the transfer portal.

Of all the teams in the Big 10 West, I believe we have the best offensive talent at the skill positions. Our o-line needs some work.

If Mickey can somehow pull out a miracle out of our defense we can win it. Only Minnesota seems solid. Everyone else has their problems too.

If Mickey wins the West, he wins the coaching gig in my opinion/prediction.
How are they going to win their next game? Be Real!

The SEC certainly hasn't pulled any upsets.

And they've already been the victims of several colossal upsets and 4th-quarter-trailing scares by small-conference weak teams.
Florida beating a top 7 team as a touchdown underdog wasn’t an upset?

Tennessee visiting the reigning ACC champ as a 6 point underdog and winning wasn’t an upset?

whatever you say, shit for brains

you’re too much of a coward to admit defeat, so I look forward to many and more idiotic posts like this all season long

Tennessee visiting the reigning ACC champ as a 6 point underdog and winning wasn’t an upset?

you’re too much of a coward to admit defeat, so I look forward to many and more idiotic posts like this all season long
Many Big Ten teams could beat Utah by 3 at home. And they wouldn't need a 4th-quarter comeback & last-second fumble to beat South Florida at home.

As for Tennessee...they might be good. The jury is still out. They won in overtime at Pittsburgh...which is probably a decent win.

I analyze fairly. But you're the one who has to prove the top-to-bottom dominance of the SEC. And you're failing miserably.

I wonder what the line will be on the Big Ten Championship game? Ohio State vs the first place team in the Big Ten West.
Probably -24 but -18 on the low end

Florida was favored to beat Utah and was very lucky they actually did.

Many Big Ten teams could beat Utah by 3 at home. And they wouldn't need a 4th-quarter comeback & last-second fumble to beat South Florida at home.

As for Tennessee...they might be good. The jury is still out. They won in overtime at Pittsburgh...which is probably a decent win.

I analyze fairly. But you're the one who has to prove the top-to-bottom dominance of the SEC. And you're failing miserably.
South Carolina is 0-2 in the SEC right now. They would beat the worst team in the B1G (Nebraska) by 100. They would also beat the 2nd worst team in the B1G (northwestern) by 100.

the worst team in the B1G (Nebraska) lost to a team that got beat by both Duke and a winless FCS program at home. We then also got beat as 24 point favorites at home by a sun belt team.

The bottom of the B1G is historically terrible. There is literally no comparison.

this isn’t even mentioning the fact the bottom of the B1G consists of nearly half the league (Rutgers, maryland, Nebraska, northwestern, indiana, illinois, ect)

the middle boasts teams like iowa (could not score a touchdown against an FCS team at home, lost to iowa st), wisconsin (beat at home as a 17 point favorite by wash st), purdue (1-2 this season) and Sparty (lost to unranked pac12 team)

all these teams would be slaughtered by the likes of ole miss, kentucky, arkansas (even if they’re overrated today), and tenn

we don’t need to even mention the top

teams like minn and mich haven’t even started their seasons yet the non-con schedule was so cowardly and laughable

Florida will probably finish as the 6th or 7th best SEC team this year while boasting a win the entire B1G hasn’t had in 10+ years (beating a top 7 non-con team as an underdog)

Last edited:
South Carolina is 0-2 in the SEC right now. They would beat the worst team in the B1G (Nebraska) by 100. They would also beat the 2nd worst team in the B1G (northwestern) by 100.

the worst team in the B1G (Nebraska) lost to a team that got beat by both Duke and a winless FCS program at home. We then also got beat as 24 point favorites at home by a sun belt team.

The bottom of the B1G is historically terrible. There is literally no comparison.

this isn’t even mentioning the fact the bottom of the B1G consists of nearly half the league (Rutgers, maryland, Nebraska, northwestern, indiana, illinois, ect)

the middle boasts teams like iowa (could not score a touchdown against an FCS team at home, lost to iowa st), wisconsin (beat at home as a 17 point favorite by wash st), purdue (1-2 this season) and Sparty (lost to unranked pac12 team)

all these teams would be slaughtered by the likes of ole miss, kentucky, arkansas (even if they’re overrated today), and tenn

teams like minn and mich haven’t even started their seasons yet the non-con schedule was so cowardly and laughable

Florida will probably finish as the 6th or 7th best SEC team this year while boasting a win the entire B1G hasn’t had in 10+ years (beating a top 7 non-con team as an underdog)
It's laughable how you tout Florida's 3-point home win over Utah as a historically great achievement. Ridiculous. If Florida is so great...why did they need a 4th-quarter comeback and last-second fumble to escape South Florida by 3, at home?

And you keep touting Arkansas...the team that needed a 10-point 4th-quarter comeback to beat something called Missouri State, at home. Ridiculous.

Reactions: moralvictories
It's laughable how you tout Florida's 3-point home win over Utah as a historically great achievement. Ridiculous. If Florida is so great...why did they need a 4th-quarter comeback and last-second fumble to escape South Florida by 3, at home?

And you keep touting Arkansas...the team that needed a 10-point 4th-quarter comeback to beat something called Missouri State, at home. Ridiculous.
it's not a historically great achievement for a middle-of-the-pack SEC team to beat a top 10 team as an underdog. I, of course, have never said such a thing.

a B1G team doing that would be historic, however, since it literally never happens.

UF beating south fl is not worse than wisconsin actually losing to wash st.

arkansas is probably the 5th or 6th best team in the SEC. iowa is probably the 5th or 6th best team in the B1G. they could not score a touchdown against an FCS team, much less muster 10 points in a row, the week before they lost to iowa st.

Purdue beat Tennessee without its two best players last year. Slaughtered is a bit of a stretch. And it was essentially a home game for Tennessee.

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Purdue beat Tennessee without its two best players last year. Slaughtered is a bit of a stretch.
since that game (and the additional 100 yards in penalties that helped bridge the talent gap), the two programs have diverted

your team just lost to syracuse & your coach is looking more and more like a dud (he lost to scott frost for crying out loud)

since that game (and the additional 100 yards in penalties that helped bridge the talent gap), the two programs have diverted

your team just lost to syracuse & your coach is looking more and more like a dud (he lost to scott frost for crying out loud)
Woah. If you are going to blame penalties as the reason Purdue beat Tennessee, then you better mention the 7 penalties in the final 35 seconds vs Syracuse to setup Syracuse to win.

I also won't consider a last second loss to psu after the most accurate deep ball QB since brees missed a game sealing TD. Purdue is way better than their record shows.

Woah. If you are going to blame penalties as the reason Purdue beat Tennessee, then you better mention the 7 penalties in the final 35 seconds vs Syracuse to setup Syracuse to win.

I also won't consider a last second loss to psu after the most accurate deep ball QB since brees missed a game sealing TD. Purdue is way better than their record shows.
this is the usual B1G mantra

purdue has looked a lot like a 1-2 team to me, making mistake after mistake at the worst possible times

this is the usual B1G mantra

purdue has looked a lot like a 1-2 team to me, making mistake after mistake at the worst possible times
Yes, very fixable mistakes have cost them two games. Yet, they were still in a position to win both. Purdue will be A-ok. They stop the run well enough that they stand a good chance of winning the west. Which, doesn't mean much. Big ten is essentially a 1 team conference.

Just wanted to point out Tennessee lost to Purdue at home.

Yes, very fixable mistakes have cost them two games. Yet, they were still in a position to win both. Purdue will be A-ok. They stop the run well enough that they stand a good chance of winning the west. Which, doesn't mean much. Big ten is essentially a 1 team conference.

Just wanted to point out Tennessee lost to Purdue at home.
no need. what happened last year is as inconsequential to this discussion as purdue is to the college football landscape since time in memoriam.

also, that first paragraph sounds a lot like Nebraska fans over the past few years. be careful.

Reactions: dinglefritz
no need. what happened last year is as inconsequential to this discussion as purdue is to the college football landscape since time in memoriam.

also, that first paragraph sounds a lot like Nebraska fans over the past few years. be careful.
Difference is they are mistakes that haven't been routine to Brohm in the past. Not that they are fixable bur Brohm has never fixed the issue before. Big difference.

The key to Brohms success is keeping Hagen as DL coach. Brohm will always have the office. Having a top tier DL/front 7 will win a lot of games in the big ten. Hagen is good enough to maintain a top 25ish front 7.

We also lack solid to good line play on either side of the ball. That’s hard to overcome. They can hide the OL behind CT arm and quick throws, there’s not a lot Mickey can do to quick fix the DL.

but maybe the man can pull off a miracle.
If Mickey and Busch can get the D to average we probably still have a puncher’s chance to win the west. The west looks awful this year. The little bit I’ve seen of the dirt rats didn’t impress me

arkansas is probably the 5th or 6th best team in the SEC. iowa is probably the 5th or 6th best team in the B1G. they could not score a touchdown against an FCS team, much less muster 10 points in a row, the week before they lost to iowa st.
Iowa would easily beat Missouri State. A team that Arkansas struggled mightily against. Most Big Ten teams would beat them easily.

• Haha
Iowa would easily beat Missouri State. A team that Arkansas struggled mightily against. Most Big Ten teams would beat them easily.
missouri st plays sd state this week, and were better in the missouri valley than sd state last year

it took iowa two 2nd half safeties to beat sd state (perhaps a worse team than missouri st) this year at home. game was tied well into the 3rd quarter. iowa didn't score a touchdown.

"easily". yea, sure.

The little + next their number indicates underdog, friend.
You know lines move, right? Florida was favored. The line moves based on the money coming in so the house ideally get 50/50 money on both sides and just collects their share. The original line is usually what the analysts actually think.

You know lines move, right? Florida was favored. The line moves based on the money coming in so the house ideally get 50/50 money on both sides and just collects their share. The original line is usually what the analysts actually think.
Yes.

this line closed as utah -3.5 after opening at -6.

if you were laying points with Florida you need a new bookmaker

Yes.

this line closed as utah -3.5 after opening at -6.

if you were laying points with Florida you need a new bookmaker
Opened as Florida -1

FMskDqV.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT